For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

No More Pain

Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

No More Pain Empty No More Pain

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:09 am

After finally passing out from the intolerable pain of her "medical procedure" in the name of humanity, Nora awoke to find herself in a place of peace.  Rising to her feet, she noted that there was no more pain, fear or worry.  She felt nothing around her but a sense of love and peace. Finding nothing or nobody around her, she wondered about for a moment or two before seeing someone in the distance, moving towards her. It took a few moments for her to realize who it was that she was seeing, the realization made her smile.
    Godric
    Godric

No More Pain Empty Re: No More Pain

Post by Godric Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 am

Godric had felt the inner call of his child call to him, he had stood by on his last blessing that he had given to his only two progeny's that he would always be with them. He would never leave their side. He had been watching events of what had occurred in the mortal realm of the human plane, a plane that he had once thrived on, had come to walk the earth for all eternity. For his last moments on earth had been granted with nothing but peace, all his sins that he could never ask forgiveness for had yet been washed away.

Walking towards his progeny, sensing her new release and welcome of no pain, no angst....But joy.

"Nora...Nora my child"
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:26 am

Running to Godric, Nora hugged him, welcoming the feeling of his embrace.  It had been so long since she had last been able to hold her father and she realized how much she had missed something so simple.  

"Father!  I have missed you!"  

Pulling back to look at him and marveling at the fact that she could actually touch him, she smiled.  Remembering all that had occurred, Nora's face became gravely serious.

"So much has happened, that I helped to bring about.  I realized that you were right about Lilith, Father.  But it was too late for me to change the events that had already happened.  Now, everyone is in great danger.  The humans are fighting back and they are doing the most monstrous things Father.  Worse even than what most vampires have done over the centuries."

She knew that Godric had been watching, keeping his promise to always be with Eric and herself; but there was still a need inside her to confess her sins to her father.
    Godric
    Godric

Post by Godric Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:39 am

Nora, his child. One of her many things that had attracted him to her had been her compassion, her ability to see things that no other vampire was willing to see. It was an unusual trait for any vampire of such as age to retain their emotions, brought onto their new life after the transformation.

"As I have missed you my child" he whispered.

Eloped in a series of bright light that shone as bright as the sun, but yet no causing harm. Only sheathing them both in a veil of warmth.

No More Pain True-blood-3x12_godric

"You would believe that humans are capable of such a retaliation, but their fear rules them as it does vampires my dear Nora...Throughout history our kind has created fear, the villain in children's books. Lets be honest. We are frightening. After thousands of years we haven't evolved. We only grow more brutal, more predatory....But humans do what they must to exist, revel in gaining what they believe is right above all else Nora...I believe the time for humans and vampires to coexist is long since passed" he whispered.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:50 am

Listening to Godric's words, Nora's eyes widened slightly at the realization that Godric was, most likely right.

"Eric wants to bring the war to the humans.  I fear that this is a war that vampires will not be able to win.  After all, if the humans are killed, we cannot survive without them.  And the weapons that they posses are great."

There was one matter that weighed far more heavily on Nora's mind, "Lilith has resurrected as well.  I don't know how to kill her, if it's even possible really; and, we all know, that with her still walking the Earth there is no hope for either humans or vampires."

The situation seemed hopeless, but Nora did not feel the great weight of the burden that should have been pressing upon her.  She felt the warmth of what she guessed could only be the sun, yet she did not burn.  

"Father?  What is this place?"
    Godric
    Godric

Post by Godric Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:16 am

"There have been wars throughout the centuries my child. Some are meaningless, acted upon words of those who sough wealth and possession...But a war will come, and you shall be tested. Eric thinks with his head, not his heart. His heart has been wounded, those he loves is in danger. His path is troubled with those who seek to destroy him Nora"

Godric had feared this, his own Maker had taught him on the course of the vampire bible, that Lilith was the first original vampire, the first of their kind.

"The mis-translations of the bible had been lost through time...'ואז היא תקום, השמש והירח הפך לאחד. האור וחושך יהיה מתנגש והיא אהיה כולה כמו שהיא תהיה. להחיות מהדם.הנבחר יהיה להוביל אלה שמבקשים לעקוב בפיתוי ולהביא על חיים חדשים .."

*Translation - And so she shall rise, the sun and the moon shall become one. Light and dark shall collide and she shall become whole as she shall resurrect from the blood. The Chosen One shall lead those who seek to follow into temptation and bring upon a new life..*

"It is your hearts deepest wish, to be deprived of something that we all took for granted...Is it heaven? Is it hell? It is only what you perceive it to be my child"
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:24 am

There were so many possibilities for the translation that Godric had told her about.  The sun and the moon coming together, light and dark.  Did it speak of an eclipse?  Or did it simply mean opposites?  Good and evil?  Vampire and Fae perhaps?  

"Do I get to stay here with you Father?  I don't want to go back there.  I don't want to go back to the pain."  

Looking into Godric's eyes, she silently plead with him to let her stay where he was. She had missed him so much and the world held simply misery at this point.
    Godric
    Godric

Post by Godric Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:37 am

"That i am afraid not my dear child.....A time is coming...A time of fear, regret. But through it all I know you shall survive this...Your brother shall need you more than you ever though possible. You shall be the one to carry on our blood line. When the time comes, you must make a choice. A choice that will define us all...That fate will lie with you child...Never forget that, as it shall define how to end it all" he whispered.

He slowly began fading out, only a faint silhouette of his frame remained.

"Everyone has a weakness....Even Lilith"

As he faded out and he was gone.
    Nora Gainsborough
    Nora Gainsborough
    Authority Minion
    Authority Minion

Post by Nora Gainsborough Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:45 am

She was to carry on the blood line? What happens to Eric?  To Pam? To Tara?  Had all of this already come to fruition?  Or was it something Godric could forsee?

"Father!  Father!  No don't leave me again!  I need you Father!  How are we supposed to do this without you!"

Sitting down and hanging her head, Nora began to sob huge tears of blood running down her face.  Once again, she was alone and terrified of things to come.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:03 pm