For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Goodbyes

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Goodbyes Empty Goodbyes

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:41 pm

All she could do was watch in horror as the woman from 'Human Edibles' contorted and shifted as she was pulled back towards Bill. He never moved, never flinched, never spoke. Blood rushed from her mouth and into his and then...she was dead. Still, he remained motionless. Jessica could only gasp in shock at the sight and back up into the wall behind her. Bill was in this catatonic state and nothing she did or said would rouse him from this. She promised to be there for him and always keep him grounded, and here she was...failing. Like so many other things she'd failed at. Hoyt....Jason....Quinn....now Bill. The one person she never wanted to let down. 

Covering her face she looked up to see if there was a change. A whole ten minutes had passed since he devoured the donor without moving a muscle. It was the weirdest, scariest thing she'd ever seen. The day was making her tired and sluggish, hungry even. The bleeds sucked, and crying blood sucked more. Who was she to call now? Slowly standing, she began to pace the floor and think of what to do. 

"Bill..." She called his name quietly and saw no change. Quietly, she left the room to go back into the other room where her laptop was. Only an hour or so ago had she sent out the SOS and called for a donor.

Sitting before the screen, she saw the slideshow of photos that was her screensaver and covered her mouth as her eyes welled with tears. Photos of Jessica with Quinn, with Bill, with Jason....one of Hoyt she'd forgot she had in there. Covering her eyes, she sighed heavily. 

"Please God, Lilith, Allah, Jesus, Mary or Joseph....whoever is listening....please....please help my maker. He's all I have left, and...and I can't lose him too." She whispered, remembering her prayers moments before for Bill, for her friends. Wiping away the tears that fell she added, "And...if it's not too much to ask, please bless John Quinn. He's in a bad place and I know he needs guidance. Guide him right, help him to realize what he needs to overcome this. He's strong, remind him of that. I only wish the best for him." She closed her eyes and felt her heart break a little more, the love she felt for him still there. As was the love she held for Jason...both of those feelings ripping her on the inside. On top of that the fear and love she had for Bill causing her to be a wreck. 

Hearing the television click on, she looked up and sped into the next room to see Bill standing there watching it. There was a broadcast on a vampire being drug by a truck, the same thing he'd mentioned hours before he went....weird and stiff. "Bill?"

Goodbyes Tumblr_movp7zL9iW1r1wzb3o2_500

Goodbyes Tumblr_movp7zL9iW1r1wzb3o1_500

She watched him, gaping and speechless as he left the room insisting he needed time to think alone. Slowly, she sank to her knees in front of the TV and watched in horror as the governor spoke of vampires and taking back the night. 

"Lord...help us all. God forgive me." If being what she was, was really a sin...she needed forgiveness now before she met the True Death.

It seemed like forever that she sat there and prayed, never having prayed in years now, the television droning the silence in the background. She stood and went back to her computer, clicking the space bar to wake it up. Pulling up her email account, she sent out an email to Quinn's personal account. 

To: John Quinn
    Subject: Final Goodbye

My dearest Tiger,

I hope this finds you and finds you well. I know our parting wasn't on the best of terms or conditions, but please know I do understand. Everyone has pasts, secrets, demons...I hope that you've faced your own and were triumphant in your goals. If you're reading this now, I may possibly have already met the true death. Don't cry for me, I sorta knew it was coming. The point of this is to let you know one simple thing. Okay, well actually a few things. 1) You've forever changed my life in more ways than you'll ever know. 2) You showed me love, passion, companionship, acceptance. 3) You loved me...for me. Fangs and all. 4) And most importantly, I love you and I always will. 

<3 Jess

She hit the send button and closed her eyes, knowing that Bill seeing the future was only the tip of the iceberg. Humans and vampires at war, new weapons that the news reported being introduced soon....and Bill's vision. They would all burn, and she wasn't sure if she was in that equation but couldn't fathom meeting the true death without having told Quinn goodbye. She opened her eyes and let out a breath to compose another email.

To: Jason Stackhouse
    Subject: Sorry

Jason,

I know you may not read this and I accept that. But I just want to let you know that all the feelings I had for you were real. At least to me. I 100% would have shared eternity with you, because at the time there was no one else I could picture forever with. I'm sorry things between us didn't work out, but I want you to know you're a good man and deserve the best. I pray you have a great, long life and find the person who's meant to make you happy. I'm only sorry it wasn't me. I love you and always will, please stay safe. 

Jess

After hitting send on the last email, she heard Bill coming down the stairs and closed her laptop, wiping her eyes. What the night held, no one knew...but she had to be strong and accept whatever it was.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:20 pm