For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Done.

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Done.  Empty Done.

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:37 am

-she could still feel his hand that slapped across her face, could still feel the hurt that had all but rushed her heart. Why didn't she just go with her gut? Why did she insist on trying to see the best in vampires? All they did was hurt her. She climbed out of bed and did her morning business before heading downstairs to have a cup of coffee. One thing she knew for sure - she would not be a victim any longer. She was done with vampires. Done.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Done.  Empty Re: Done.

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:54 am

{Alcide knew leaving Sookie alone to deal with day walking vamps was a mistake, he fought himself all night over it. Pacing the floor of the hotel he was bunking at, he considered going to make sure she was okay. Deciding against it, he finally fell asleep after a run. When he woke the next morning, he looked around the empty room that felt just like his heart--empty. Pulling his jeans on, he buttoned his shirt back up and ran his fingers through his hair. With a quick brush of his teeth, he was out the door before he could change his mind.

Driving over to her place, he parked and looked at her home for a few moments to get his barrings and not change his mind. They seemed to have had a moment on their walk, what could it hurting checking in? He rapped on the door three times and waited for her to open up.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:01 am

-she had just brought a cup of coffee to her lips when she heard the rap on the door. Frowning, she sat the cup down and walked slowly to the door, her smile growing when she saw the large silhouette through the glass. She threw open the door and smiled up at him-

Done.  559963_272234352906672_1443506140_n

Alcide! What are you doing here? Come in, come in. You want some breakfast? I was just about to start some eggs.

-she had been starving when she woke up this morning. She continued to grin at him while she waited for him to come inside.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:06 am

{He grinned to the side and stepped inside, closing the door behind him. Unable to stop smiling, seeing her smile and be so happy to see him again.}

"I uh, well, truthfully I had to make sure you were okay. After yesterday and seeing day walking vam--"

{He stopped speaking when she looked towards the kitchen for a moment and the light purple mark showed against her sun kissed skin. It was a bruise that was fresh.}

"Sookie, What the hell happened? Bill do this to you? Eric? Who...tell me!"

{He balled his fists tightly and felt his anger rise quickly, his posture stiffened and he inhaled deeply to catch any scents that were unfamiliar to him. Someone had hurt her and he wanted to know who. He kicked himself for not going back after their walk, he knew he should have not left her alone with those vampers.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:09 am

-she shook her head really quick and took a step back-

No! No, it wasn't either of them. It was Warlow...

-her voice got quiet and she took a shaky breath before smiling at him-

I'm okay, really. He's dead. I'm done with vampires. Done... Totally and completely DONE.

-she nodded her head with finality and smiled some more-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:13 am

{He sighed heavily with a small frustrated growl. When would she learn? She always said she was done until she was doing the next stupid thing to protect one of them fangers. Pushing himself to relax, sensing her fear he might have caused, he ran his hand through his hair and nodded.}

"Warlow...dead...Damn it Sookie, when are you going to realize those fangers'll be the death of ya? Sorry I shouldn't have---I mean--"

{He lowered his head and inhaled slowly.}

"I just care about you..." {He looked up to meet her eyes and stepped closer to her, extending his fingers to brush the bruise on her cheek.} "Worry about you even. You say you're done but you can't never really be done Sook. You're too far into their world...you'll never be done."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:21 am

-she blushed slightly at his forwardness, the feeling of his fingers against her skin causing a slight shiver to run through her. Before he could pull away, she put her hand against his, her soft skin rubbing against his hard, calloused palm.-

I really am done. Bill, my brother and Violet saved me. And while I'm happy and thankful for that, I also know that if it hadn't been for Bill walking into Merlotte's, I'd never be in the crap I've gotten into.

-she sighed and gave his hand a squeeze before letting go of it and taking a step back.-

Ya know, if it wasn't for vampires, I'd never have met you. You sure you think it was a bad thing?

-she grinned at him and turned on her heel to head into the kitchen-

You want something to eat?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 am

{He looked down to her hand that grabbed his and he found himself running his thumb along her soft skin. Slowly looking up to meet her eyes again, he listened to her reflect on being saved and Bill walking into Merlotte's.}

"I'm glad...that they saved you...but I wish I would have instead."

{As he spoke, he stepped closer and closer to her with each word until he was toe to toe with her, looking down into her eyes. He smiled and shrugged a little}

"I guess you're right. If I'd have never met you, I'd never have known what it is I truly want."

{His hand went up to brush a strand of hair from her face when she shook her head and let go of his hand. Always so close, but so far at the same time. He looked down and slid both hands into his pockets, hearing her offer something.}

"I..." {He looked back up and looked into her eyes.} "No, no thank you I'm fine." {He swallowed hard and let out a sigh.} "You uh, ever need anything...don't hesitate to call. I'm thinking of moving back to Jackson, but I'm done with packs. For good..." {He watched her move to the kitchen to start on the eggs and leaned against the door frame.} "I don't think there is anything left in this state for me anyhow."

Last edited by Alcide Herveaux on Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:39 am

-she frowned as she came back out of the kitchen, a spatula in her hand-

You're moving back to Jackson? Is that smart? I mean, with you not being in a pack anymore?

-she was still reeling from him saying he wasn't doing the pack thing anymore. Seemed like everyone was changing these days; her no longer 'hanging' with vampires and him not being part of a pack? That was just weird.-

And you know where I'm at, too. So don't hesitate to call me. Okay?

-he seemed to have retreated into himself a bit when she had moved away; didn't he realize that he was the only constant she had right now? He came to check on her, had always been nice to her. He had even forgiven her for puking on his shoes that night. How could he say that there wasn't anything for him in this state? She was here, wasn't she? Didn't he have friends? She knew that Sam liked him, despite what had happened with Marcus.-

You should stay.....

-her voice trailed off and she cleared her throat before running back to check on the sausages that were frying in the kitchen-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:57 am

{He blew out a breath and looked above her head into space as he thought.}"That's another conversation for another day, cher."

{He smiled at her reaction and listened to her speaking. Unable to take his eyes from her lips, he moved them up to her eyes and nodded.} "Yeah, I know. We have to stick together, lean on one another. Glad to know you'll be there, it means a lot too."

{She said he should stay...that made him wonder why, and before he could refrain he already asked.} "Give me one good reason too? There isn't anything in Louisiana but corrupt V driven packs, betrayal and backstabbing...come to think of it it's not much different than Jackson." {He sighed and shook his head, meeting her eyes.} "If I had a reason to, I would. But I just---"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:02 pm

-she flipped the sausages and spoke under her breath, forgetting that he had really good hearing being a wolf-

I'm here.

-she felt a sudden shift in the air, and turned to find him staring at her. She blushed and hoped that he had maybe not heard her-

There's lots of good things here in Louisiana. I mean, Bon Temp isn't that bad. Even Shreveport's not too bad.

-she shrugged her shoulders and grabbed the plate that she had covered with a paper towel and put the sausages on it before grabbing an egg and cracking it into the same pan.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:09 pm

{His words stopped short when she whispered something under her breath, and he heard every word. He stepped into the kitchen and watched as she flipped sausages and rambled on about good things in Bon Temp. After she cracked an egg, he by that time reached her and was standing next to her. Reaching out, he grabbed her hand and pulled her to turn to face him. Looking down into her eyes, he searched for something. Something that reassured him that her words were pure and not another rebound...and to make sure she hadn't been drinking.}

"Sookie..." {Words failed him, they were stuck in his throat as he thought about how to say them, how to push them out.} "...tell me staying I won't regret it. Tell me I won't get hurt or pushed aside. Tell me...you don't care about me as much as I care for you."

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:18 pm

-his hand engulfed hers and her heart skipped a beat when he turned her around. His words hit her hard and she swallowed, her throat suddenly dry.-

I....

-she looked at their hands, felt the warmth radiating from his palm; she didn't know if he could see it, but there was a faint light coming from their palms, too. She grinned and shook her head as she remembered Warlow's words about soul mates and how their light shined when they were together. Apparently he had lied. Because she had seen her light shine with Eric, too. And then with Warlow. And now with Alcide? Surely she didn't have that many soul mates. It still made her heart smile, though. Feeling a sudden surge of courage, she linked her fingers with his and looked up into his eyes-

Stay. I can't promise that things will be perfect, but I do think you should.... stay.

-her cheeks flushed pink and she looked back at the ground-

My eggs are gonna burn.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:29 pm

{He continued to stare into her eyes, eyes that continued to avoid his and he felt like that would be his answer. Just as he was about to let her hand go, she linked her fingers with his and his eyes widened a bit, a smile tugging at his lips. She asked him to stay again and warned it may not be perfect and she couldn't promise it, but bottom line was she wanted him to stay. That was enough for him, for now. To hear it come from somewhere pure, to hear her say it. He found himself leaning closer to her, entrapped by the blush of her cheek, his hand brushed against her cheek and she looked to the ground. The mention of eggs sent his nostrils into picking up the scent of cooking eggs. He dropped her hand and stepped back, sliding his hands back into his pockets and nodded.}

"Right, uh...sorry." {He shook his head, chuckled and smiled with his own blush coming to his cheeks. Sookie just didn't get what she did to him, what she always did.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:38 pm

Can't let a good breakfast go to waste. Its the most important meal of the day.

-she looked at him and blushed again before stepping back to the stove to flip the eggs; they were more done than she had wanted, but what the heck. She'd deal with it. She cut her eyes back over to him and grinned before grabbing a plate and loading it up with eggs, sausage and homemade toast. She handed it to him and and pointed to the table.-

Eat. I made too much.

-she was still smiling when she grabbed another plate for herself and moved to sit her plate on the table.-

Do you want some orange juice?

-she could get used to this. When was the last time she had sat down with a man and had breakfast? She hadn't. Because vampires didn't eat, let alone sit there in the kitchen with her in the sunlight. Her mind briefly went to the light tight upstairs of her house and she grimaced; she'd have to talk to Eric at some point. She just hoped it wouldn't be too difficult to say goodbye.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:44 pm

{He was handed a plate and it smelled great, a woman who could cook like her...stop thinking like that, it might never happen. Why get your hopes up! He smiled and took it, moving over to the table and shrugging his jacket off to drape behind the chair. He watched her move around the kitchen, finishing her plate and kept a smile on his face.}

"Orange juice sounds great, thank you."

{She poured it and he waited for her to get settled before he began to eat. Nodding as he chewed, he swallowed and looked up at her.} "Sookie, this is delicious."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:46 pm

Thanks. I learned from my Gran. She was the best cook in the parish. Don't tell Ms. Fortenberry that, though.

-she winked at him and popped a piece of sausage into her mouth. She looked at him as she sipped her orange juice-

So. Are you gonna stay?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:56 pm

{He chuckled and took a bite of eggs then dipped his toast in the running yolk, then bit into that. A moan left his throat as he chewed and enjoyed the food.} "Secret safe with me. I don't think I've had a home made breakfast in a while." {He took a sip of orange juice and looked at her as he sat the glass down, wiping at his mouth. Running a hand through his hair, it fell back into place and he sighed with a smile.}

"You make it very hard not to, Sookie. I guess it won't hurt to see what's around here. Maybe find a place, can't stay in that hotel forever." {He thought out loud and then took another bite of sausage, the tastes assaulting his buds and making his stomach very happy.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm

-she grinned and finished eating, pushing her plate away with a bit of egg and sausage left on it. She was stuffed.-

Jason's old room is still here. I mean, if you need somewhere to stay and don't wanna stay in the hotel. Just....

-her voice got softer and she looked back at him-

You're more than welcome to stay in there. I'm a pretty good roommate, and there won't be any vampires or anything coming by. Bill still lives across the cemetery, but other than that.

-she smiled. Could she handle Alcide living in the house with her? And what the heck would Eric do if he decided to randomly show up? She wouldn't think about that right now. Alcide was her friend, and he needed a place to stay. What kind of person would she be if she turned him away in his time of need?-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:10 pm

{He took the last bite of eggs and finished cleaning his plate from the spilled yolk, chewing that as she spoke. Wiping at his mouth, then bringing the orange juice up to his lips to down the remaining contents of that, he set the glass down. She brought up Jason's old room and he listened, quirking a brow at where she was going with that information. Then she said it...'You're more than welcome to stay in there'. He looked away for a moment and thought about her words, about her offer and how that could be a bad idea.}

"It's not the vampires I'm worried about, Sookie." {He growled in his throat at his own frustration of explaining what he meant.} "It's no secret I care for you, a lot. Timing for us is never right, hell I don't know if it ever will be. I just don't think it would be a good idea considering..."

{Internally he was cursing himself for rejecting her offer, he would like nothing more than to move in here and see her face everyday. But in the long run, if things got awkward and, or complicated...he'd be the one hurt. Again.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 pm

-she raised a brow at him and cracked a smile as she stood and started gathering their dishes so that she could get the kitchen cleaned up-

And what makes you think that it's optional? I was raised to help friends in need. It's not safe for you to go back where your pack is. I want you to stay here. And here you will stay.

-she smirked down at him and walked to the sink, putting the dishes in and then running warm water over them. She looked over her shoulder at him as she wiped egg yolk off of the plate with the sponge-

I want you to stay here. You say the timing's not right? When is time ever right? I'm single. I have no vampires lording weddings and other crap over me. Right now, life's about as calm as it gets for me. Who's to say it won't end up being the perfect time?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:25 pm

{Watching her pick up the dishes, he stood and tossed the napkins in the trash can as she spoke. He chuckled.} "Then I guess I have no choice in the matter, now do I?" {He moved to the sink and grabbed the extra dishtowel, brushing her hand by accident in the process and ran it under the water, ringing it out as he kept her eye contact. He grinned and moved back to the table to wipe it down, looking up to watch her again. She looked over her shoulder and continued to talk about timing and how it could be the right time.}

"I guess only time will tell, right?" {His sideways grin grew to a smile as he moved over to the sink and dropped the dish towel in the sink. Placing a hand on her arm, he looked into her eyes.} "Give me a week at least. I'm paid up until then at the motel. Non-refundable." {Dropping his hand he stepped back a bit and said something without looking at her.} "I don't want you to think me moving in obligates you to anything. Anything at all. Friends, right?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:42 pm

-he was so huge! She felt like a mouse standing next to a lion.-

Friends, at the least.

-she looked up at him and smiled; moving slowly, she put a hand on his chest and stood on her tiptoes before pressing her lips against his cheek before going to finish the dishes-

And that's fine. That'll give me time to get you a bigger bed; Jason's not quite as big as you are. He could fit in the full sized bed easily.

-she turned and looked him up and down again, thoughts she had no right to think flying through her head; he'd need a king sized bed, definitely. Clearing her throat, she turned back to the dishes-

Is there anything else you need? I have some money saved up and I really don't mind. I need to update some of the stuff in that room anyway.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:50 pm

{Her lips pressed to his gruff skin and he smiled, kissing her forehead before looking down and taking her hand in his. It was smaller than his, much smaller. She smiled and took her hand back to finish the dishes and he cleared his throat. She talked about getting another bed and he shook his head.}

"I can't let you do that. I can manage to get another bed or just use the one that's available. No need to spend money on me, cher."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:07 pm

-she scoffed and continued on the dishes-

First off, there's not "letting" me do anything. I'm grown, and do what I want. Second, like I said I been wanting to get some new furniture in there. And three, I spend money on whoever I want. You are my friend, Alcide, and I care about you and your comfort. So I'm getting a new bed. So...

-she turned to him and poked her wet finger against his chest-

I just need you to tell me what size bed you need. And if you need anything else. The dresser ain't huge, but I'm sure you can fit your clothes in it.

-she mentally made a list; she knew he had been in a relationship with that were-chick, Rikki or something like that. That woman had seemed mean as a snake; she didn't look nice at all. In fact, she kinda looked dirty all the time. She'd need to get him a new toothbrush, some soap and shampoo. Did he use conditioner? She didn't know much about what guys used; Jason never was home enough for her to get an idea of what they needed. Shrugging her shoulders again, she cut her eyes back up at him and grinned-

You could stay in my bed.

-she waited to see his reaction, giggling inside at her 'joke'. Obviously she meant he could stay in her bed while she slept in Jason's, but she still wanted to see what he had to say-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 am