For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Star light, Star Bright...

Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur
    Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur

Star light, Star Bright... Empty Star light, Star Bright...

Post by Arlene Fowler-Bellefleur Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:25 pm

The kids were tucked into bed, Mikey was sound asleep in his crib, the house was peaceful. Too peaceful. She quietly opened the back patio door and slipped out into the night. She kept it open to hear Mikey and partially because it wasn't one hundred percent safe at night, not with vampers roaming the night. She wrapped her arms around herself and looked up into the sky where the stars twinkled. She and Terry would do this often when the kids went to bed. Spread out an old blanket and just lay next to one another on the lawn, looking up at the stars and trying to find Orion's belt. She never could...

"Terry..." Her voice broke saying his name. "If you're listening...if you can hear me..." The lump in her throat grew as she tried to speak through it. The tears brimming her eyes and clouding her vision. "I miss you...the kids miss you..."

She looked back down and closed her eyes, the tears forced to fall as she slowly walked out onto the lawn and sat down, pulling her knees to her chest. She fought to speak through the tears, "I miss how you used to make me laugh, how you'd get paranoid over the silliest things. If I wasn't freaking out over something, you were. We took turns." She smiled and let out a small laugh.

"Mikey is growing so big...and Coby has straight A's. Lisa wants to try out for Miss Junior Bon Temp this fall...Adilyn is a sweet girl, I think you'd like her. If only she'd stay out of my head."

She looked down at her wedding band and smiled, running her thumb along the band. Looking back up at the stars, she saw a shooting star and closed her eyes like she used to when she was a girl.

"Star light, star bright...first star I see tonight...I wish I may, I wish I might...have this wish I wish tonight...." She closed her eyes tightly as the droplets ran down her cheeks, in barely a whisper she said, "I want my husband back..."

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:08 am