For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Back In Routine

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Back In Routine Empty Back In Routine

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:13 am

-they had sat up all night talking about what had been going on in life and goofing off as they drank. They had finished the beer relatively quick so Sookie had gone to make some drinks. She smiled as she poured the concoction into the glass - amaretto, triple sec and Baileys. She knew that Alcide wouldn't drink it, but it still brought back memories; they weren't GREAT memories, but it'd be funny nonetheless.-

-and sure enough when she handed it to him, he had shaken his head, sniffed it and laughed before sitting it on the table. She sipped her drink slowly and they fell back into easy conversation. Dinner had been wonderful, the company had been wonderful, and she hadn't wanted the night to end. But unfortunately, it did. So he had left around midnight to go back to his hotel and she had headed up to bed.-

-and that brought us to now. She woke up feeling much more refreshed than she had in a long time despite having drank so much the night before. It was nice to have company over and not have to worry about them trying to rip her throat out. He didn't seem much to care that she was a fae; he just cared that she was her... Sookie Stackhouse. Nothing special. And that was what she wanted more than anything - to not be an object, but to be a person.-

-tossing her purse over her shoulder and slipping her feet into her shoes, she took off out of the house and headed back to work. Work... It was nice to say that. And it was nice to go back. Who knew, maybe she'd see some friends. Maybe life would sort of resemble how it had been before Bill had walked in. One could only hope.-
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Back In Routine Empty Re: Back In Routine

Post by Holly Cleary Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:20 am

She headed into Sam's office to grab another order pad and saw Sookie tying her apron on. Giving her a big, warm smile, she walked up to her and hugged her tightly. "Oh sugar, I'm so glad to see you're safe. After Andy told me what happened and all...everything okay?" She smiled and stepped back, watching for her reaction. The last week or so in Bon Temps had been one heck of a mess, maybe things were going to get better. Praying to the goddesses it did was all she could do.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:26 am

Holly, hey! I'm doin' great, thanks for asking

-she smiled, blushed a bit as she thought of Alcide, and finished tying on her apron before returning the hug. Holly always had a smile for anyone, and a kind word, too. It was good of her to stay with Andy and help him with Adilyn. Speaking of...-

How's Andy? Adilyn and the boys doin' okay?

-she didn't have much idea of what had been happening lately having had so much else go on in her own life. It made her feel like a terrible friend. The bruise on her cheek was still there, just barely, and she reached up to rub it as she thought about what all had happened in the past week. Her life had turned into a bad movie.-
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:28 am

She smiled and waved her hands around, "Oh ya know, teenage kids are all the rage these days. Goddess sometimes I don't know how my hair isn't gray. Andy is okay just a bit paranoid considering..." Her words trailed off not wanting to bring up vampires considering Sookie and her likeness to them.

She saw her face had a bruise and gasped, "Jesus honey, where'd ya get that thing? Ya know I have some potions to fix that right up." She said with a matter of fact nod.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:34 am

-she shook her head-

Nah, I'm okay. It'll go away. I been beat up worse than this before; you shoulda seen me when Rene Lenier got to me.

-she laughed and rolled her eyes. She had the worst luck-

I know what you mean about the teenagers. Jason was a hellion when we were growing up. Thought he'd eat us outta house and home, ya know. It was crazy.

-she walked over and grabbed a couple of cups and filled them with tea, then walked over and gave one to Holly while taking a sip out of the other. It was nice, this normality. Though God knew it'd probably be short lived with the way things went most of the time in her life.-
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:39 am

Nodding, she gave a warm smile. "Well, just know if you change your mind I can help ya." She chuckled at her comment about Jason knowing all to well her two boys were the same way.

"Honey, you ain't telling me anything I don't know. Those boys drive me crazy most days, but I am crazy 'bout my kids."

She took the glass of tea and downed a good portion of it, this heat was crazy. "That always hits the spot..."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:41 am

He walked into his office and looked between Sookie and Holly. -What hits the spot?- He grinned and saw them drinking tea, chuckling as he went to his desk to set down a few things. Turning back to them with a shake of his head, he narrowed his eyes playfully.

-Am I payin' you two to serve or gossip and drink all the tea?- He grinned and grabbed a glass, motioning to Sookie. -Might as well pour me a glass...-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:46 am

-she raised a brow at Sam and grinned before sipping her tea happily-

Why, Mr. Merlotte, am I paying you to sit there and be a butthead, or get off your tail and get your own glass? Or did you forget... we're partners?

-she smirked at him and grabbed his glass, going to fill it up and then taking it back to him-

Here, pain in the butt. How's Nicole?
    Holly Cleary
    Holly Cleary

Post by Holly Cleary Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:58 am

She laughed and shook her head, drinking the remaining tea fro the glass. "Well, Sam maybe a raise is in order." She grinned and looked at her watch. "Sweet Goddess I forgot to call my boys, I'll be right back. Need to make a call then get back to work before the boss has a stroke or something." She winked at Sam and stepped up to Sookie, placing a hand on her shoulder. "You remember what I said okay, anything I can do." Giving her a wink, she smiled at Sam and headed out the office.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:03 am

He rolled his eyes and shook his head. -You'll get a raise when I do, and I'm the boss...oh sorry, co-boss.- He grinned and took the tea from Sookie and took a sip as Holly spoke.

-Tell Andy I said hello, if your boys need a job I need some busboys.-He offered before she left the office. After they were alone, he smiled at Sookie and set the glass of tea down.

-Nicole is...good. She's still a little...shocked at things, but we're okay. Sookie, I..- His words trailed off for a moment before he shook his head and looked up at her. -I just want to say I'm sorry, about before. I didn't mean to yell at you and I had no right...it's just the things you said, the timing...-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:09 am

-she waved at Holly as she left and shook her head, still laughing. That was until she saw the look on Sam's face. She sighed and sat in the brown leather chair in the corner, listening to him as he spoke. After he apologized, she shrugged her shoulders and finished her tea-

It's neither here nor there. I just...

-she shrugged again and sighed. What did she say? She did care for Sam... a lot. But she had waited too long.-

I shouldn't have waited so long, ya know? It's my fault for bringing it up. I shoulda been listening.

-she tapped her temple and smiled at him-

It's all water under the bridge now though, right? Besides, you got a new life started. Nicole, a baby, the bar. I mean, what's to be sad about? I'll get on just fine.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:19 am

He almost forgot he had told her about the baby. He nodded and looked down. -Maybe so, but just know that I really didn't mean to say it the way I said it. I was just...still trying to get over the fact that in a matter of weeks I lost Luna, somehow managed to meet Nicole and then...I got her pregnant...-

He was speaking almost to himself and thinking out loud. There was still the fact that Luna was invading his dreams. It had been so vivid, dreaming Luna had their baby and then only to learn Nicole was carrying his child. He rubbed his face with both hands and sighed.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:30 am

-she shook her head-

Sam, I know you hurt over Luna. I'm so sorry that you lost her, and I know you miss Emma, too. But you can't let this stop you from anything. Sure, it's sorta crazy that you up and got Nicole pregnant so soon, but I'm not one to judge. I mean, I ain't pregnant or nothin', but I went from Bill to Eric to Warlow and now there's Alc.....

-she cleared her throat and looked up to smile at him.-

The point is, life goes on. And you just gotta make the best of it. Can't wallow in the past and forget about the future. It'll all be fine. I promise. And I'm always here if you need me. You're one of the best, most loyal friends I've ever had....
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:50 am

He looked down as she reminded him of the pain he felt losing Luna. There was still a piece of him that felt missing, and something that longed to make Luna his wife and have her carry his child. Sometimes, life didn't work out the way you planned it. He just had to accept it and try to move on, after all he would be a father soon.

-I guess you're right, Sookie. It just isn't easy most days. What about you are you okay? That's a hell of a bruise on your face, now I won't go assuming anything but I can bout imagine it was a vamp, right?-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:01 am

-she gently touched the bruise on her cheek and shrugged her shoulders. Seemed like she was doing that a lot lately.-

Yeah. Same old story; vampire wanted to make me his bitch, got made when I said no, beat the hell outta me then got killed by my fairy grandfather. No big.

-she looked up and grinned at him, moving the chair over so she was close and put her hand on his knee-

You need a break, Sam. You look stressed and tired and.... Go. Go home and see Nicole. I'll take care of the bar today, okay? Bosses orders.

-she winked at him and stood after giving his knee a pat-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:15 am

He listened to her story as she told it to him nonchalantly and both of his brows rose. -I see, so same old same old- He grinned and chuckled with a shake of his head, blew out a breath and sat in his desk chair.

-Breaks don't come so easy when you have to make a living, Sook. Nicole hasn't really spoken to me lately and it's hard to gage her feelings or even her thoughts. Sometimes, I wish I had your super power.- He grinned and shook his head, running both hands over his face and stood.

-But you're right, guess I gotta start somewhere, right?-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:21 am

Start at the beginning, it's normally the safest.

-she grinned at him and, taking a quick breath, stepped forward to wrap her arms around him in a tight hug. He'd always been constant in her life; he'd always treated her great, respected her and understood her. Sighing, she let him go and stood back with her hands on his shoulders-

You hang in there, okay? Oh, and um....

-she smiled bashfully-

I may need this Friday off.

-it was her weekend off, so the extra day was going to be perfect to help her get Alcide settled into the house-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:25 am

He nodded. -One day at a time, start at beginning...guess it's worth a shot.- He smiled when she hugged him and hugged her back tightly. A part of him would always love her and he would definitely always care for her. She was his best friend.

-Thanks Sookie.- At her request, he shook his head with a smile. -I knew you had something up your sleeve. Of course you can, I'll cover for you. Maybe by then Jessica will be ready to work again. Take Friday to yourself.-
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:30 am

-she grinned and bounced on the balls of her feet-

You're awesome. I'm doing some renovations at the house and I have a friend staying with me for a while, so I need to get the room all finished. I'm thinking about redoing the upstairs, too, since I won't be having any vampires staying with me for a while.

-she was so happy with how her life was going. Things were finally, finally looking up.-

Now go on home to Nicole. Y'all need to talk. She's having your baby for crying out loud. And I don't want to hear anything about it not being able to pay the bills. Go.

-she pointed to the door and put a hand on her hip while she stared at him. He was going to go home whether he did it himself or she had to drag him.-
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:32 am

He chuckled and nodded, backing towards the door with his hands up in surrender. -Alright, alright. You win, I'm going. Don't burn the place down.-

He opened the door and stepped half way out, turning slightly to look at her. -I'm happy to see you so happy by the way. It looks good on you, you know the whole independent no vampire kind of thing.- Giving her a grin, he stepped out and closed the door behind him to head over to the trailer. Maybe he and Nicole could go for a drive and have a picnic, talk about things and see where they stood.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:39 am

-she shook her head and grinned when he finally walked out the door, taking his words to eart. She liked happy her, too.-

Holly! Whadaya say we turn up some music and make work fun for the day?

-she heard Holly whoop from the dining room and then laughed as she went to get to work. She turned on the stereo behind the bar as loud as it would go, smiled and got back to work. Things were finally as they should be.-

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:35 pm