For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Thick Tension

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Thick Tension Empty Thick Tension

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:28 pm

{He ran back to Sookie's place and shifted back after a two hour run. He rolled his neck and pulled on his pants, buckling his belt back before he slid his t-shirt over his head and began to walk towards the front porch. There was a light still on but it was late. She may be asleep, fearing he'd wake her, he opened the door slowly and walked in. She wasn't in the living room, but the thick, heady smell of her arousal lingered in the room. Walking over to the couch where the smell seemed to be strongest, he looked around and noticed a book on the coffee table. Picking it up, he flipped through some pages and his brows shot up.}

"Hmm..."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Thick Tension Empty Re: Thick Tension

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:40 pm

-she was so thankful that cold water didn't run out. She had been in the shower for ages and finally had managed to quell a tiny bit of the tension that rolled through her bodies. She stepped out of the shower, and under the assumption Alcide was still gone, she walked out of the bathroom and straight to her bedroom without a towel.-

Stupid book. Ugh.

-she ran the brush through her hair as she walked finally getting into the closet and pulling out a long t-shirt and then grabbing a pair of cotton briefs from her dresser, slipping them on over her now silky smooth legs. She'd go back downstairs, have a cup of tea and maybe read a couple more pages of the book as she did so. Just because she had a roommate that she wanted to jump all over didn't mean she couldn't enjoy herself in the privacy of her own bedroom. She headed down the steps and into the kitchen, stopping as she heard the sound of pages flipping. Her eyes went wide and she turned, walking into the living room-

Um. Alcide! Wh... What are you doing he-home?
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:56 pm

{He heard her voice and looked up, then down at his hands and dropped the book back on the coffee table. He stood and grinned, a slight chuckle escaping that he could not contain.}

"Reading..."

{He lifted his chin towards the table and cocked a brow.} "Didn't know you were into that kind of thing..."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:00 pm

-she blushed a bit then lifted her head up and grinned softly at him-

Well, you and me never got too far in that department. There's a bunch of stuff about me you don't know.

-she smirked and walked over, picking the book up off of the table and opening the page that he was on, her face turning the slightest of pink while a different kind of heat went through her entire body-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:07 pm

{He made a face of interest and nodded.} "Guess you're right." {Clearing his throat he watched her walk closer to him and pick up the book. He chuckled low and moved around the table to step next to her, whispering low in her ear.}

"Don't let me distract you."

{He pulled his shirt over his head and walked towards the bathroom for a shower. Her vanilla scent mixing with her arousal made him hungry...and horny. Damn this tension.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:13 pm

-she blushed even more, and found herself moving towards him as he moved away. She pulled her bottom lip between her teeth when he pulled off his shirt and fought against the urge to follow him into the bathroom and take the rest of his clothing off.... with her teeth.-

Want me to come read it to you while you shower? It's getting good.

-she called after him, grinning a little as she did so.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:20 pm

{He looked over his shoulder at her and saw her biting her bottom lip, it reminded him of this Ana character. He chuckled and turned to face her.} "You really shouldn't do that you know."

{He leaned against the wall and sighed heavily, looking down to gather his thoughts as he fought his hormonal impulses to claim her and make her his, his alpha wolf side growling as he looked up.}

"Damn it Sookie, all this tension and you and I both know...we know it won't work."

{He sighed again and shook his head in frustration. Every time they got remotely close, something pushed them apart. He valued her friendship and didn't want to ruin it.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:24 pm

-her heart stopped for a split second when he spoke. He was right. She knew he was right, but she'd be damned all sorts of ways from Sunday if she didn't say that she wanted to try. She held the book close to her chest and walked over to him, leaning against the wall across from him-

Well, I mean.... You don't have Debbie now. And I don't have any vampires coming after me. It's just been bad timin', but you never know... unless you try, right?

-she looked up at him, his huge body dwarfing hers in comparison. Who was she kidding?-

Yeah, I guess you're right..... Doesn't mean I don't want to, though.

-she smiled at him and popped him on the chest with her book, heart pounding in her chest.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:30 pm

{He listened to her and turned so his back was against the wall, crossing his arms across his chest making his biceps jump.}

"Just because we're both single doesn't mean we should try it now, wouldn't that be a bit like a rebound?"

{He grinned when she playfully hit his chest with the book. Turning and pushing off the wall, he moved forward and used his size allowed him to guide her to the wall without touching her. He placed his hand on the wall next to her head and looked down into her eyes.}

"Sookie, every bone in my body wants you...ever fiber of my being...but right now I can't. Neither of us are in the position to start somethin' new and we know it."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:56 pm

I might could.....

-her voice was quiet as she reached up and put a hand against his chest. Everything about him screamed 'good', 'alive', 'won't rip your throat out and drink your blood while claiming he loves you'. He was, in a sense, perfect for her. But the thing was.... he didn't quite trust her to not leave. Or he didn't trust himself. She sighed and ran her finger up and down his chest, trying to figure out what to do.-

I don't know what to do, Alcide. It wouldn't be a rebound for me.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:03 pm

{He scoffed and shook his head.} "Sookie, you were practically in love with this Warlow guy, even considering being his bride. I would consider that pretty serious." {He was tired of being hurt, tired of being pushed aside for fangers and wasn't sure it wouldn't happen again.}

"Look, maybe it's none of my business. We agreed friends, and friends is what we'll be. I can't...I can't do this...this thing, whatever it is we've been doing for the past year. I can't take much more Sookie."

{He hated admitting it to her, but Janice's words still echoed his mind and only infuriated him more because she could be right...}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:17 pm

And Sookie? Alcide, come on. You have to give up on the girl. She will always want to be with a vamper. It's like they have some kind of hold on her.

-her heart dropped as she heard Janice's words repeated in his head. She stared at him, her hand still on his chest, and against her better judgment she listened longer.-

You've been in love with her for so long you'll believe anything that woman will say, then when Bill or Eric come back to claim her where will you be? Sad and and alone AGAIN!! I'm not trying to hurt you brother, just tell you the truth. Open your eyes and see what's going on.

I see....

-tears were in her eyes as she pulled her hand away from him and ducked under his arm, her heart aching. He'd believe his sister over her, as well he should. Janice just wanted what was best for him. When was Sookie good for anyone? She should have known better than to even try to hint at anything. Friends was for the best. Maybe she'd just join a nunnery. You could still do that, couldn't you?-

At risk of upsetting you, Janice isn't right. I'm done with vampires, completely. But she's right... I could end up hurting you. I just don't have a good track record with men. One thing is for sure, though, that I'll never take back. I wish I had been smart enough to fall in love with you.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:24 pm

{Seeing her face drop, he realized he'd been going over their conversation in his head and she had heard it. Telepath and all that...shit.} "Sookie..I didn't--" {His words were cut off when she ducked under his arms and proceeded to walk up the stairs. Only stopping and turning to face him, midway up. He clenched his jaw in frustration at himself for hurting her, forgetting she could listen in. He turned to face her and her words nearly stopped his own heart.}

"Sookie, I didn't say you would, I just--" {He grumbled and ran a hand through his hair, closing his eyes and turning his head to the side.} "And if I was smart, I'd have never stopped looking for you when you went missing...and I'd have ended it with Debbie when you called me that day."

{He looked back up to meet her eyes, so much distance between them now.} "But I guess neither of us are smart enough, or it just ain't meant to work." {He bunched his t-shirt in his hands and lowered his head before turning towards the hall to give her some time, and to let his emotions get in check.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:33 pm

I just don't see why someone like you is afraid of giving someone like me a shot.

-she shrugged her shoulders, holding in the hurt. It's not like it wasn't true; she had really bad luck with guys. Real bad luck.-

And it's not that we aren't smart, Alcide. It's more like we're both too stubborn to try to move forward and ignore the past. And just remember this...

-she made sure he could see her eyes clearly as she spoke-

You're the one that said no. Not me. Dinner's in the oven. If you don't mind, put it up when you're done? I'm not hungry anymore.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:56 pm

{He stopped and raised his head to look up at her on the stairs. Her words were colder, much colder. He had taken his frustration and doubt out on her and now she was hurt. He hated that he hurt her, but she had it wrong. In a way. He moved around the banister and grabbed the railing, taking the stairs two at a time until she was eye level with him.}

"Sookie, you got it all wrong. I am not saying no, I didn't mean--" {He growled and blew out a breath with his nose at his frustration to not explain.} "Why does shit have to be so difficult. Yeah, I don't trust that I won't get hurt...yeah, I want you...so damn bad I can taste it...but something and I don't know what, is holding me back."

{He stepped up once more and slid his hand beneath her hair, cupping her neck and looking down into her eyes.} "I never meant to hurt you, I never want to hurt you. But we are both so vulnerable right now, when...or if anything happens. I don't want either of us to regret it."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:07 pm

-she fought the urge to pull away, instead choosing to stare up into his eyes before shaking her head-

YOU are holding you back, Alcide. I'm right here. I'm not holding you back. Because I have realized in all the shit that seems to go down with me, you can't give up. If I was to just stay back and never try anything again because I was scared, I'd be locked up in the bedroom upstairs, with a mini-fridge, a bottle of whiskey and an endless subscription to Cosmo. But I refuse to live like that! I won't just sit back and let what I want go.

-she pulled away slowly and shook her head again-

And you are saying no. You know why I think you're saying no?

-her eyes bored into his as she waited for him to respond, waited to see what he had to say. She knew what she'd say next was a low blow, but it had to be said.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:13 pm

{He got angry with her and he growled at her words} "Oh yeah, you have me all figured out...so go ahead, tell me why." {His hand clenched on the banister next to him and he came close to breaking the wood. She infuriated him, but also she spoke the truth and he hated it.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:18 pm

You're afraid that I'll hurt you like Debbie. And deep down....

-she sighed-

You're still pissed at me for killing her. Even though I was protecting myself, you want to know how you can love a killer.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:23 pm

{Her words came as a complete shock to him, deep down he had questioned himself. But did she really think that's what he thought. The first thing might be true, he still feared getting his heart ripped out and tap danced on, but...loving a killer? Debbie deserved what she got, he knew that now. He had forgiven her for it and that was genuine.}

"Then I guess you really don't know me as well as you thought."

{He met her eyes with just as intense a gaze as she had. They weren't even together and fighting. What did that say for their future? He stepped back on the step and proceeded to turn around and walk away from her.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:28 pm

I don't know you because you won't let me know you!

-she called after him, throwing her hands up in the air and letting out an exasperated breath. He was just as stubborn, just as mule headed as her brother.-

Fighting like an old married couple. Seriously.

-she shook her head and let out a laugh; fighting... because.... She shook her head again-

This is ridiculous. Ridiculous!
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:40 pm

{He needed to cool off, knowing he was hot headed and would only cause this to get worse than it needed to be. All his sexual frustrations getting the better of him and his hesitation for fear of a broken heart, he slammed the door behind him and tossed his shirt across the room. Pacing the floor, he debated going up there and just giving in...just letting things happen as they may. But he didn't...and he knew he'd regret it in the morning.}

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:59 pm