For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Fashion Distractions

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Fashion Distractions Empty Fashion Distractions

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:36 pm

She woke for the night and stretched. It was nice sleeping in a bed again, her last day rest had been underground. Pulling her hair from her pony tail, she made her way to the massive guest bathroom. Pam had great taste, no doubt it was designed by her. The tub was...huge. She thought she had a huge tub, well this was like...a pond.

Fashion Distractions Gorgeous-Arabian-Bathroom-Style-with-Round-Bathtub-and-Fancy-Lighting

She pulled her shirt over her head and moved to the faucets, turning them each on to the perfect temperature as the tub filled up. Looking around the room she spotted an ipod dock and smiled. Pulling her phone from her pocket, she put it on her favorite pandora station and hooked it up. Seventeen missed calls and ten voicemails from Bill. She would call him...eventually. Right now, she just wanted to relax, she needed to. Unhooking her bra, she let it fall to the ground in the pile with her shirt and began on her jeans.

She was fully naked and spun around as she sang along to the song that played.
    "I don't know about you
    But I'm feeling 22
    Everything will be alright
    If you keep me next to you
    You don't know about me
    But I'll bet you want to
    Everything will be alright
    If we just keep dancing like we're
    22, ooh-ooh
    22, ooh-ooh"

She submerged into the water and went under the water, her eyes wide open as she stared up at the ceiling above her. Coming up fast, she blew out a breath and moved her hands over her wet hair. A smile came to her face for the first time in a few days. Everything would be alright...she had to convince herself. The bubbles she added floated on the surface of the water. Cupping her hand, she brought it up and blew the suds, letting out a giggle and singing.

After her long bath and Taylor Swift concert, she turned the music up and went to the closet where Tara had put some clothes for her. Skimming through the selections, eyes widening on some of them, brow quirking on others. Pam had interesting taste. Slipping on a hot pink halter top that showed a nice bit of cleavage and a black mini skirt, she danced around the room. Falling on her back to the large California king, she sighed and bit her bottom lip. She was going to find herself again...she had to be Jessica. Just...Jessica.

Then, she could figure out where she stood with Quinn and James. Until then...this was her life. The sad part? Neither James nor Quinn had called her...but there was one missed call from Jason. Sometimes things just didn't make any sense. One thing was for sure, she was not ready to hear any voicemails...not yet.

Instead, fashion distractions would have to do.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:08 pm