For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Just another day. (2020)

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Just another day. (2020) Empty Just another day. (2020)

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:33 pm

"Alcide, hurry up! Breakfast is going to get cold!" she called from the kitchen where she stood wearing a cupcake apron, hair in a high ponytail and a pair of slippers on her feet. Things had been normal, and wonderful for a few years now. Her and Alcide had married a few years before at the church down the street that she had gone to all her life with her Gran. Alcide was making a decent bit of money so she didn't have to work unless she wanted to, and want to she did. She worked a part-time shift at the bank in town while Alcide worked for himself. They had a nice thing going on, too.

But this morning, things were going to be a little bit different. She couldn't hide it anymore, and she knew Alcide thought that she was crazy. So she stood there with a smile on her face holding out a glass of orange juice for him when he came into the kitchen. "Morning!"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Just another day. (2020) Empty Re: Just another day. (2020)

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:45 pm

{He stretched and groaned as he pulled the covers off of him and stood from the bed, completely naked. Stretching his arms above his head, he grinned as he heard her shuffling about downstairs. The love of his life, finally, had become his and only his. But it was a struggle to get her and keep her with things constantly going haywire every five minutes. Business had picked up a lot at the company and he was in talks to expand to Baton Rouge and New Orleans. Pulling on some shorts, he headed to the bathroom to brush his teeth. When he was done, he walked out and down the stairs to the kitchen. He grinned at her, amazed at how just in her pajamas and slippers, she could look so sexy.}

"Good morning, beautiful."

{He stalked over to her and took the glass from her hand, wrapping his other arm around her and pulling her closer. He started kissing at the base of her neck and went all the way up to her lips.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:03 pm

She grinned, blushed and squealed as his lips pressed against her throat and as his hands slid deftly over her body. "Alcide, I'm gonna burn the eggs" she mumbled as she pressed her body against his and smiled.

Groaning inwardly as she pulled away and went to check on the eggs, she cast a glance over her shoulder at him and smiled happily. It was amazing, and wonderful, at how far they had come. From swearing to not touch one another to stealing the occasional kiss to finally accepting that they were attracted to each other and just giving in. Now they were married. And their family, soon, would be complete.

"I went to the doctor yesterday while you were at work," she said without any hint of nervousness behind her voice as she put some eggs on a plate and took it to the table. Her eyes met his and she gave a small, impish grin while putting a forkful of eggs to her lips.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:11 pm

{He sighed when she pulled away, silently damning the eggs for interfering with his morning ritual. He followed her and stood behind her as she fixed the plates of breakfast. Snaking both arms around her waist and resting his chin on her shoulder, he listened to her giggle slightly. His hands moved along her stomach and he smiled, kissing her neck and moving over to sit at the table. He watched her move to the table with the plates and listened as she talked about going to the doctor.}

"Is that so?"

{He smirked and took a forkful of eggs and waited for her to explain. Chewing and taking another sip of his orange juice, he met her eyes.}

"Is uh...everything okay?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:14 pm

She nodded, put another forkful of eggs in her mouth and then sat her fork on the table. Her hands were fidgeting in her lap, her feet tapping back and forth against the floor as she eyed him, then her plate, then him again.

"Everything is great. It's just..... I, uh...." She grinned at him a bit more and bit her bottom lip before just spitting it out. "I'm pregnant."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:20 pm

{He brought the fork to his mouth and stopped mid air, she had finally said it. He'd known for a few weeks now, there was a certain scent one carried when a wolf or shifter marked them. He knew she would bare his child, but he didn't want to scare her with the knowledge. It had taken a lot of concentration to not think of it the last few weeks, she still invaded his head sometimes. Setting the fork down, he stood from his chair and moved around the table to kneel next to her, placing his hands on her hips to turn her in the chair. He met her eyes and gave a smile that reached his eyes, the kind she liked.}

"I can't tell you...how extremely happy I am to hear this. You've made my day, my week, my year. I love you and I'll love our child."

{He placed both hands on her stomach and leaned forward to whisper.}

"I'm going to do whatever I can to keep you safe, keep you happy. You and your momma."

{Looking up, he met her eyes again and pulled her into a heated kiss.}
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm

She had been bursting to tell him, and now that she had she could finally let out all of the happiness she had been holding in since yesterday. Their lips pressed together, hot and heavy, and she pulled away for a moment to throw her head back and let out a loud laugh.

"I feel like I could fly! I thought I'd feel bad, but I don't! I feel amazing, actually. Better than amazing!" She put her hands in the air and twirled around, still laughing as she did so, before turning her gaze back to her husband. "We're gonna be a family, Alcide. A family. And I'm gonna love this baby like my parents never loved me. I'm going to be the best mama in the entire world." Her hands went protectively to her stomach and she nodded her head with finality.

"Are you excited? What are we going to name it? I don't like saying 'it'. Doesn't feel right....."
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:42 pm

{He stood and watched her twirl around with such joy, causing him to continue to smile and watch her intrigued. He moved to her and nodded, wrapping his arms around her body again.}

"I'm happy, no more than happy. I'm the happiest man alive, you have no idea Sookie. I've wanted a family for so long, and now to have one with you...."

{He shook his head unable to explain how happy he was, just pressing his lips to hers once more. His tongue invaded her mouth and he pressed his body against hers. Pulling back reluctantly, he finally answered her question.}

"How about...our baby? Or do you mean nickname? Hmm...or bean? I mean its small isn't it? But it'll just make me think of Mr. Bean. I really don't know baby, you choose."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:46 pm

"Mr. Bean.... Alcide, you're so goofy." She grinned again and pulled him close, wrapping her arms around his waist and pressing her face against his chest, inhaling the scent that she had come to love so much over the past few years. Her eyes drifted up his chest, to his eyes, and she let out a contented sigh.

"I love you. I'm so happy that Thanksgiving happened all those years ago." She grinned at him again, pressed her lips to his chest and took a step back before holding her hand out to him. "Wanna see if we can make it twins?" she asked playfully as he slipped his hand into hers. The laugh that came from him and the squeal that slipped from her lips as he picked her up and gently tossed her over his shoulders said all that needed to be said.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:45 am