For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

The Tour Begins (2038)

Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

The Tour Begins (2038) Empty The Tour Begins (2038)

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:00 pm

Hoyt Fortenberry knew that this day would come, although he had not expected it to come this soon. It had taken him sometime to come to adjust to the idea that his son Lucas would soon be leaving again for his tour in Iraq. As much as he wanted to fight his son on this subject. He knew that he would fail, as strong headed as his mother, his spirit was strong as he believed that he was doing the right thing.

"I do not want you to go son...You have done your duty for your country" he pleaded with Lucas.

He turned to glance at Amy to hope that she may be able to say something that may change his mind. He did not want Lucas leaving, he had done his duty.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

The Tour Begins (2038) Empty Re: The Tour Begins (2038)

Post by Amy Williams Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Amy looked at Lucas like the worried mother she was. "your father is right baby... you've done your tours... you did your job... why do you have to go again..and for so long?" she asked, sadness permeating her voice.

She was proud of her son, of all he'd accomplished. Both her sons were her pride and joy but at the same time she wished she could just hold them close and keep everything bad away from them
    Lucas Fortenberry
    Lucas Fortenberry

Post by Lucas Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:04 pm

Lucas gazed down as his feet, he knew that this day was fast approaching, but the bus would soon be here to pick him up and take him to the base.

"....I knew what I was signing up for when I joined...This is what I want to do...You told me mom that I could be anything that I wanted to be. And this is what I want" he told her.

He glanced at his brother, hoping that he would be on his side about this.
    Elijah Fortenberry
    Elijah Fortenberry

Post by Elijah Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:05 pm

He looked first at his dad, then at his mom "Mom... Lucas is smart. He won't do anything reckless out there" he said, trying to give her some confidence.

"His teammates need him out there, and he'll be fine. He'll come back and torment me like he usually does" he said with a smirk as he looked at his brother.

He walked over to Lucas and gave him a man-hug. "You better come back" he whispered into his ear.
    Lucas Fortenberry
    Lucas Fortenberry

Post by Lucas Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:07 pm

As his brother loped him into a man-hug he responded and did the same as he patted his back.

"...Hey I got the rest of my life to torment you, its what brothers do" he joked.

He turned to his mother and father as he knew that this would be hard on them both.

"This is what I want...This is my last tour, after that I shall take my leave. Then I will be home again. I promise you nothing will happen to me. We can video call every day" he promised
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:08 pm

Amy flung herself at Lucas into a very motherly hug despite Lucas being taller than her. "Oh just promise me...promise me you'll look after yourself" she said, fighting back the tears.
    Elijah Fortenberry
    Elijah Fortenberry

Post by Elijah Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:08 pm

He shook his head at his brother but stepped back, knowing that Lucas had his mind made up on the matter.

"Come on mom..." said Elijah as he tried to gently pry his mother off her death grip on Lucas
    Lucas Fortenberry
    Lucas Fortenberry

Post by Lucas Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:09 pm

"I promise you that I will come back....You have my word, and if I break it. Elijah, you can have my car" he joked.

Turning to his dad as he could see that he was fighting to keep himself under control.

"I promise that I will call every day..And I expect a care package sent every week" he joked trying to lighten the mood.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:11 pm

He could do this, he could do this. He had to do it for Amy, for Elijah. He wrapped his arms around his son as he fought back the tears from falling.

"You take care of yourself you hear...We got that fishing trip planned for when your back..." he sniffled.

He eloped Elijah into a tight embrace and did not want to let him go.
    Lucas Fortenberry
    Lucas Fortenberry

Post by Lucas Fortenberry Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:13 pm

"I wouldn't miss it for the world dad" he promised as he hugged his dad back.

As Lucas heard the horn honking outside signaling that the bus was here to take him to base. He patted his dad on the back before he almost started crying. He turned to his mom and pulled her into a tight embrace.

"...I promise that I will be back...Don't worry. I love you" he whispered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 am