For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Talks

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Talks - Page 2 Empty Re: Talks

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:18 pm

She smiled and gushed a bit about her proposal. "I'm still excited about that too, and congrats again if I haven't said so." She remembered what she was saying and shook her head to clear her thoughts. "Well, not me. James did. He made this...this garden. It has lights, and it's so so beautiful. Even has a secret passage way for our spot. I mean, he went all out. It's breathtaking. You should go see it one night, maybe take Bill. I insist!"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:22 pm

Kiara smiled. It was nice to see Jessica so happy about something.

"A garden eh? I may have to take Bill to go see it with such a recommendation from you" she said, figuring it would be nice to get Bill out of his office.

"Glad to see James makes you happy... you seem so different around him" she said and waved her hands when she saw Jessica's look. "I mean in a good way"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:34 pm

She smiled and relaxed again. "Yeah, he makes me feel different. He makes me feel...I don't know, complete. It's hard to describe and even crazier to think about."

She giggled a bit. "I guess I'm in love. I've never had any kind of relationship with a vampire. It's nice actually. I mean, he gets me in ways Quinn never could, no matter how much he knew about vampires. James just...he gets it."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:38 pm

She smiled. "I know what you mean... frankly I couldn't date wolves.. they never understood me either...and we're wolves so that shows you just how messed up I am"

She blinked and had an idea as she opened up one of desk drawers and pulled out a medium sized wine bottle. "Here...how about you and James share this? It isn't much but I call it bloodwine... it's synthetic blood with...a little extra something something"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:45 pm

She laughed. "No worries, I'm just as fucked up...in different ways. We're not all that different you and I." She smiled.

Watching as Kiara took a bottle from the desk, she took it as it was handed to her and read the label. It sounded french...fancy even. She smiled bigger. "Wow, I can't wait to try it, it sounds like it would taste good. The name...I'm not real good with French, but if it sounds fancy...." She smiled and wiggled her brows a bit. "Maybe this could come in handy. I could plan a date. Get our minds off all this craziness going on."

She thought for a moment. "It doesn't have fae blood in it, does it?"
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:47 pm

She shook her head "No fae blood... all the fae have fled, even the half-lings" she said as she crossed her arms.

"Vampires tell me it tastes like virgin blood mixed with what they say tastes like sunshine"

She shrugged. "You'll have to be the judge of its taste...but its one of my more popular items for sale"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:56 pm

She hated that Kiara made that comment but knew it wasn't meant in a mean way. She swallowed hard. "Yeah, I kinda like to steer clear of it...I mean, I think I've had enough for one lifetime. Brings back horrible memories I kinda don't wanna revisit. Ever." She looked down sadly, remembering how she slaughtered those poor fae girls.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:08 pm

She nodded "I know the meaning of wanting to forget horrible things... So I hope James helps you put away all those bad memories"

She tried to offer a kind smile. She didn't know what was eating Jessica but it sounded like something very bad, perhaps fae related as that had been the word she reacted to.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:29 pm

She smiled and nodded her head. "Yeah you and me both. He is though, he's helping me with the issues I have. Some of it he doesn't really know about but I think...I'll be okay. Eventually."

She forced a smile to show she'd be okay and looked away from Kiara, avoiding her eyes. "So I guess you're pretty busy...maybe I should go, you know...let you work."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:33 pm

She shrugged "Not really... my employees take care of things on their own. I just have to find ways to kill time since Bill is married to his job" she said with a simple smile.

She let her hair down from the bun it was up and ran her fingers through her hair, massaging her scalp.

"Not much to do when you're under house arrest"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:35 pm

She snorted and nodded. "Yeah, house arrest. Tell me about it. I know what you mean, all too well. Is there anything I can help you with? I get pretty bored and well, I can't leave the house to go to Merlotte's and work....so I'm stuck here. With nothing to do most days."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:40 pm

She chuckled and shook her head. "It's alright really... I don't want Bill to zone in on you and remove whatever privileges you have" she said with a soft smile.

"You just have fun with James ok? hopefully this whole mess with Texas will blow over and we can go back to some quasi-normal lives"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:43 pm

She smiled and moved from her chair to give Kiara a hug. "It was really nice...this girl talk. You know, without the arguing and trying to kill each other." She let her go and stepped back. "Not sure where James is, but I think I know where to find him." She bit her bottom lip, grabbing the wine and with the idea in mind...she smiled bigger. "Thanks for the wine...I'll let you know how it tastes."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:47 pm

She smiled and nodded, a bit taken aback by the hug but happy all the same.

"Anytime Jess... if its good ask for more...I'll set up some more bottles" she said as Jessica left the office.

Kiara sighed. She felt tired and it was still early in the night. She knew she wouldn't see Bill until near dawn so she queued up her netflix account to kill some hours.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:19 pm