For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Favor among enemies

Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Favor among enemies Empty Favor among enemies

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:12 am

After a lovely evening with Bill in her office Kiara was ready to get down to business. Of course Bill was back in his office like a hermit but that suited her just fine. She didn’t want him seeing all she was doing anyways.

She opened the door to the office and was met by the guard. Like a bad hemorrhoid he insisted he be attached to her. She rolled her eyes and took a step forward.

“Look you can follow me…. Or you can stay here and not limp forever, your choice” she said with a tone that meant business. The guard seemed to ignore her until she spun around and her knee crashed into his groin like a train crashes into a parked car. He nearly screamed if it wasn’t for the death glare she was giving him.

“I warned you” she said casually before walking off. Following the mingling scents in the mansion she tried to pin point where Bill had stashed Judith away. She wasn’t too comforted knowing she was on the main floor close to the office. Considering Bill was practically living in his office it told her a lot about where his priorities were.

With a shrug and a fix of her shirt she knocked on Judith’s door. She was not dressed to impress in her faded jeans and bare feet with a faded union jacket shirt but she wasn’t here to make friends.
    Judith Vardamon
    Judith Vardamon

Favor among enemies Empty Re: Favor among enemies

Post by Judith Vardamon Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:31 am

Judith had been sitting at the edge of her bed, her lips wrapped around the wrist of one of William's guards.  Having lost so much blood while she was with Isabel, Judith felt as if her hunger would never be satisfied.  This fact made her feel like a baby vampire again, a feeling that she was none to thrilled to have.  Her eyes rolled slightly at the knock on the door.  She could tell from the scent that it was not another vampire, in fact, it was a scent that she knew, that she had come to loathe...Kiara.

"Thank you.  Now, do be a good boy and run along back to your duties before my brother misses you.  I will find you after I deal with something."

Judith stood behind the guard as he scrambled out of the room.  Sticking her head out slightly, as if she hadn't seen the were bitch standing before her, she watched the man scurry down the hall.  Only after he had turned the corner of the hall, did she glance back at Kiara.

"So, I'm guessing that you are not here to welcome me back."

Judith flipped her hair, that was still slightly damp from her recent shower, over her shoulder and walked back into the room, resuming her place on the bed, and looked at Kiara expectantly.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 am

Kiara watched the guard scramble away. On a different day she would meet Judith's disdain word for word but today... no today would be different.

"I am here to welcome you back. I see you're in need of more...robust donors which I shall procure immediately" she said in a calm tone.

"Bill is worried about you and your health and its my job to make his worries less pressing in his mind"
    Judith Vardamon
    Judith Vardamon

Post by Judith Vardamon Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:38 am

Judith blinked up at Kiara for a brief moment.  The were bitch's accommodating tone, throwing Judith off guard.  After what happened in Oklahoma, Judith was certain that Kiara would at least be cold towards her; well, colder.  

"Yes, well I would appreciate donors that are a bit more robust, as you put it.  I believe that last guard may have been a bit anemic."

At the mention of Bill, Judith's recent wound opened slightly; making her nerves feel raw once more, "William needn't concern himself with my health or my well-being.  I am perfectly safe under lock and key.  I also heal very quickly, as do all vampires.  It won't be long before I am back to normal.  So, you have done your job and you can set his precious mind at ease."

Judith knew it wouldn't be long before she had to escape the confines of the mansion.  She was beginning to feel ill-at-ease within it's walls; as if they would begin to press in on her at any moment.  William would worry no matter where she was so, why should she simply stay put and wait for Isabel and her forces to come upon them?  

Looking up, Judith noticed that Kiara was still there looking down at her.  "You look as though there is something more on your mind.  Anything that you'd like to share with the class?  I promise I won't bite.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:44 am

Kiara shook her head, unable to suppress the chuckle that curved her lips. It seemed ironic that she was about to ask Judith for a favor when the vampire would clearly rather feed her to a wood chipper.

"Seeing as you think very little of me, I come asking for a favor on behalf of Bill" she said as she took a step forward and closed the door behind her so no one else would hear.

"He doesn't know I'm asking this of you and I would prefer he never find out" she added as she leaned against the door.

"Regardless of what happens to me, regardless of what Bill says or does during this time of war...and afterwards; I would prefer you remain by his side"

She looked at Judith who was still regarding her as something smelly the cat dragged in.

"Bill needs a woman like yourself with him; a vampire that he knows and trusts. I will play my role in his world, but it is time you took on yours as well"
    Judith Vardamon
    Judith Vardamon

Post by Judith Vardamon Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:51 am

Judith's eyes narrowed slightly, as if she were trying to see through Kiara.  She was giving William to her?  Had she misunderstood the were's meaning?  

"When you say, 'stay by his side,' what exactly are you meaning?  If William wants me with him, I will be there.  If not, well, it's not as if I can glamour him into allowing me to remain in his kingdom.  He has already banished me once, he could just as easily do it again; although, I don't believe he will."

Judith watched as she gave Kiara her lengthy answer.  She was trying to figure out what sort of game that the were was playing.  This had to be some sort of trick.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:55 am

Kiara shrugged "You may interpret 'stay by his side' however you wish. But like I said, you should it regardless of what he says or does" she added.

She looked off to one side as if lost in thought "Currently....Bill does not know what is best for him. He is scared, he is angry and he is desperately trying to hold on to his family. It would make him far too sad to know that you are not here...." she said before turning her head and looking down.

"... and his sadness is mine own"
    Judith Vardamon
    Judith Vardamon

Post by Judith Vardamon Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:03 am

Judith looked Kiara over once more.  She seemed sincere enough and, for now, she would play along.  It would only be a matter of time before Judith discovered what Kiara was up to.  

"I make no promises just yet but I will consider what you have said.  At the end, though, it does matter to me what it is that William wants.  If he wants me to remain, I shall remain.  If not, I will leave but I will always be there should he want or need me."

Judith shifted, slightly uncomfortable, with the touchy feely moment.  "If you'll excuse me, I am still quite famished.  Any donor, with a healthy blood supply, would be much appreciated.  I do prefer O negative, if you please."
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:06 am

Kiara nodded as she opened the door. "I will have one of the males come up shortly for you" she said before giving Judith a small head bow and walking off.

She wasn't sure if Judith would even honor her request but it was worth a try. With all the bad premonitions she was having it was best if she at least tried something to keep Bill happy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:34 am