For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Sweet Dreams

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Sweet Dreams Empty Sweet Dreams

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:57 pm

"Tij! Wake up, it's time for your consultation with the Hamilton's about the bar. Rajat is eating breakfast and then don't forget at one you hav--" Rochelle stopped speaking as she opened the door and took in the sight before her. She blinked and a slow grin spread on her face. "I'll....come back."

Tijgerian opened her eyes after hearing the hesitation in her assistant's voice, her eyes met with the shirt of a large man next to her. They were both still fully clothed, but she was wrapped in his arms. She shot up and out of the bed, shaking her head. "It's not...it's not what you think." She flushed a bit and put her hand to her head, feeling strangely relaxed and well rested. She couldn't remember having a nightmare. At all. Nothing but peaceful sleep. She looked back at the sleeping man in her bed and then back at Rochelle, shaking her head again. "Don't look at me like that...it's not...no. Stop. No."

Rochelle giggled and whispered. "Either way, it should be. He's hot girl! I'll be in there until you're...ready. Hurry, we're running late."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Sweet Dreams Empty Re: Sweet Dreams

Post by John Quinn Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:05 pm

Quinn rolled over, smiling as.she climbed from the bed. He grinned as she tried to reassure her servant that nothing happened. He chuckled as he climbed out of the bed. He smoothed out his shirt, tucking it in as he walked around the bed. He stepped closr, smiling, and kissed her cheek.

"Morning, Sevti. How did you sleep?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:09 pm

Rochelle closed the door and she closed her eyes to exhale. Hearing him rise from the bed, she opened her eyes and stepped back a bit. She forced a smile when he kissed her cheek and cleared her throat. "Fine. I slept fine. Why wouldn't I?" What the hell had she done? Last night was almost fuzzy to her, she remembers drinking and talking but not about what they talked about. What had she gone and said? No nightmares...how did that happen?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:16 pm

Quinn smiled but was curious at her question. He moved past her to look in the mirror, running his hand over the stubble on his face and head. He walked back out, smiling.

"Nothing inappropriate happened, Tijgerian. We talked and drank..."

Quinn thought carefully...what all had they talked about?

"...that was all. I think I offered to take you guys out for breakfast. Café du Monde, if I remember right."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:20 pm

She shrugged. "Well, I can tell...the room in intact. I just...sorry. I do not like to be late and as it seems I am already late." She was never late. Ever. She was always up after an hour or two of sleep from the nightmares that haunted her. Being late and things not going as planned caused her flaws to show and she got antsy and panicky. "Breakfast...Cafe du Monde. Right. I...well I have a meeting." She looked down at her watch and cursed. "In an hour. Bu-I--umm...how about you take Rajat instead? And I can meet you for lunch?" She had just said that....she really offered him alone time with their son. What the hell was wrong with her?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:33 pm

Quinn smiled and nodded.

"Of course, Tij. Will Rochelle be joining us?"

He smiled, looking toward the other room. She was giving him time with Rajat. He could hardly ask for more. He called the front desk and asked them to send up a razor. As he hung up he grinned, winking at Tijgerian.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:40 pm

She was taken by surprise by his question and looked to the door as she thought. "No, I need her with me for the meeting. She takes notes for me." That wasn't entirely true, but she was giving him a chance, a chance to show her that she was not making the wrong choice.

She watched him order a razor and smirked, she almost liked him with facial hair. It made him look hard, rugged even. She shook the thoughts from her mind and cleared her throat softly. "If that'll be all, I need to shower and get ready. You uh...just let Rochelle know. I--yeah." She pointed to the shower and started for the door. This was the first time she had slept all night in...years actually. Perhaps sleep put her in a better mood...or maybe she was becoming soft...weak. No...no, she was not weak.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:55 pm

Quinn smiled and nodded, walking into the main room. He turned around when he heard Rajat laughing.

"Mr. John...you were here all night?"

"Yes, Rajat. You mommy and I talked real late so I stayed here. This way I can spend some time with you today while mommy is at work."

He watched as Rajat grinned and laughed before running to get dressed. Quinn grinned when he saw Rajat come out in jeans and a red tshirt. Quinn smiled as there was a knock at the door. He answered it, taking the razor from the bellhop, handing him a tip before closing the door. He slipped it in his pocket and waited for Tijgerian to finish her shower. He ruffled Rajat's hair and listened as Rochelle reminded him of the rules.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:06 pm

After shedding her clothes from the day before, she stepped into the shower and turned the water on. Letting it run over her face for a while, she thought about her sleep. She didn't remember dreaming anything. The emotions of it caused her to begin to cry. The first time in so long, she shed many tears that mixed with the shower water. Placing her hands on the shower wall, she lowered her head and was thankful for a full nights rest. It was a mix between happy tears and fearful tears. She feared what her dreamless slumber meant.

She finished her shower and composed herself. Brushing out her hair, she dried it with the dryer and styled it. Straight and sophisticated. She grabbed her business suit with matching skirt and dressed herself. She grabbed her briefcase and walked out to the main room, talking to Rochelle as she placed her earrings in.

Sweet Dreams Shop-this-look-business-attire-for-alpha-females-pinstripes

"Rochelle, don't forget to get the forms. I'll also need the reports from last quarter when we did business with them. And if you could get me a lar--" She looked up to see Rochelle holding her coffee in a travel mug and smiled. "Yes, thank you." She looked around Rochelle and saw Quinn and Rajat. She smiled at Rajat, who came running up to her to give her a hug. She hugged him and looked up at Quinn with a small smile. "Have fun and be sure to listen to Mr. John okay?"

"Yes Ma'am. I'll be good."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:12 pm

"Everything will be fine, Tijgerian. We are going to check out some of the sights after breakfast. Did you have anywhere in mind for lunch?"

He grinned as Rajat ran to finish getting ready.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:33 pm

"Muriel's on Chartres. That's the closest to where I'll be. I'll meet you there." She stood and palmed the front of her blazer, shaking her hair off her shoulders. She looked back at him and met his eyes. "Have fun and be safe. I'm trusting you, John. Don't screw it up."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:53 pm

He smiled as she spoke.

"No chance of that, Tig. There is a new hands-on exhibit as the Discovery Museum. I thought we'd check that out. Sounds like it should be fun."

He walked over as she got ready to leave.

"we will see you at Muriel's...and Tig...thank you."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:56 pm

She gave an approving nod and gave Rajat one last hug and kissed his forehead. Rajat rushed to the door and waited for John. She looked back at John and smiled. "You're...welcome." She could tell he was thankful for this day and she was glad she could give it to him. For whatever reason, he kept her nightmares at bay...this was her thanks.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:36 pm