For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Meeting at Muriel's

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Meeting at Muriel's - Page 2 Empty Re: Meeting at Muriel's

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:23 am

She watched the waiter whisper into John's ear and quirked a brow, wondering what that was about. She stood and grabbed her things.

"What was that about?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am

He smiled, chuckling.

"Nothing much. The manager 'comped' our meal is all. It was nice of him."

He stood and walked around the table, picking Rajat up and looked to Tijgerian.

"Looks like we have everything."

He led them out to the square and to the curb, looking at all the carriges. He nodded toward them and smiled.

"Well, Tij...which one would you like?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:47 am

She smiled at the gesture but secretly wonders why their meal was comped. Did John have New Orleans connections she wasn't aware of?

Following Rajat and John out to the square, they walked towards the horses with carriages attached. At John's question, she looked at each one and decided on the smaller one big enough for four people. "This ones fine."

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:10 am

As they climbed aboard the carriage, Quinn paid the driver and watched as Rajat climbed in one seat and grinned, using his arms to block the rest of the bench. Quinn laughed and sat down next to Tijgrrian. He rested his hand on hers as Rajat snickered like he had achieved something.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:15 am

She gave Rajat an amused grin with an arched brow. Her son was up to something. He giggled and looked to the side, waiting for the ride to start. She was distracted by John's hand on top of her own. She looked down at their hands and then back up at John, smiling softly. He was growing on her and it was hard to distance herself from him. She swallowed and tried to appear normal, calm...unaffected. She didn't mind his hand, but it was still new. She felt..vulnerable. The carriage began to move and Rajat laughed, excited to see where they were going. She needed to make conversation for her growing nerves so she said the first thing that came to mind.

"How many times have you visited New Orleans?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:27 am

"I used to come here fairly often, though I do not come as much now. Mainly when I needed a break. Mardi gras is an interesting time around here. Not really child friendly though."

He looked over at Rajat, grinning as the boy's head seemed to be on a swivel as he spun around, taking in everything.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:19 pm

She smirked and nodded. "I've heard about New Orleans Mardi Gras, I can concur. More or less the college scene. I suppose we've all had that stage in our lives." She looked over at Rajat and smiled as he enjoyed everything, pointing to this and that and expressing his thoughts on it. It was turning out to be a great day.

She turned her hand under his, her palm now up and touching his. She was testing it...experimenting with how it felt. His hands were rougher, larger too. Hers fit perfectly into his. She continued to stare at their hands as she linked her fingers in his and tightened her grip slightly. Curiosity seemed to fill her face as this was the first time she allowed something like this.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:31 pm

"Yes...that is part of why I do not come as often. Not really a scene for me."

Taking her actions as a guide, he separated his fingers, slipping between hers and gripping a bit tighter as well, smiling as he watched her. Rajat was excitedly telling them about everything that was passing by, but all Quinn cared about was inside the carriage. He turned when he heard Rajat call him and chuckled.

"Yes, Rajat?"

"You're missing the cool stuff"

Rajat was pointing to all the ivy covered buildings they were passing as the driver told them the history of the district. He smiled at Rajat.

"Oh, I am not missing anything, Rajat. I am very much paying attention to what matters."

Rajat smiled and turned, asking the driver more questions about the district.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:35 pm

Hearing Rajat call John's name to get his attention caused her to blink and look away from their hands. She seemed nervous as she did not know what to do now. Looking to her right, she watched the scenery pass them and half heard the stories of the district and the construction of the homes. She finally turned to look at John once more and fought back a smile. Their hands were still laced, and even though her heart was beating a million miles a minute, she couldn't let him go. "I..." She began to speak but quickly silenced herself. It was not the right thing to say, nor was it the place. She just smiled and shook her head, looking back out at the scenery.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:45 pm

Quinn smiled when she held back. He knew she was trying, just like he was. Both of them were out of practice at this. He quietly let go of her hand, smiling as he looked into her eyes. He wrapped his right arm around her shoulders, taking her left hand with his. He gently began to run the fingertips of his right hand along the graceful curve of her neck.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 7:52 pm

She looked at him when he released her hand and her brow cocked when he placed his right arm around her shoulders, taking her left hand into his left. She turned her head to look at him and narrowed her eyes slightly as if trying to gauge his intentions and his actions. Feeling the light touches of his fingertips on her neck, she closed her eyes and tried to enjoy this moment. Slowly letting her guard down.

"MOMMY!"

Her eyes shot open and she leaned forward, slipping from his touches. "What? What is it?"

"LOOK! He said it's haunted. Were you listening?" Rajat narrowed his eyes at her and she chuckled.

"Of course, of course. That's fascinating." She cut a look to John for distracting her and pressed her lips together as she sat back, attempting to act normal when on the inside, she was screaming out of fear.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:04 pm

Quinn continued stroking her neck as he looked to Rajat.

"Many places here in New Orleans are said to be haunted. This city is a very old one, with a history all to it's own. If you ask nicely, perhaps the driver will tell you of some of the old stories."

"OOooooo....good idea, daddy."

Quinn smiled when Rajat called him daddy and looked into Tijgerian's eyes, whispering as she looked back in his.

"It's fine, Tij. You set the pace."

He let his nails scrape against the delicate skin of her neck lightly, careful not to leave any marks.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:09 pm

She listened to the driver tell Rajat stories of the old mistress who lived Royal street. How she had done terrible things to her servants. The driver kept it kid friendly, thankfully. She was familiar with LaLaurie and her scientific torturous creations.

Feeling his nails against her skin, her thoughts ceased and she closed her eyes once more remembering that she set the pace. She nodded her head and turned her head to him. "I cannot focus...with that." She grinned and shook her head. She wondered if he did that on purpose.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:20 pm

He grinned and pulled her to him, turning her so her back was to him. He slowly began running his hands over her shoulders, and gently began to massage them. He began with gradual pressure and slowly added more until he felt her relax. He whispered for her just to enjoy the day, and not to worry about anything. He leaned in, brushing the curve of her neck with his lips briefly, never stopping his hands. He looked over to Rajat, smiling, and winked. His smile grew when Rajat giggled and turned back to the driver's stories.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:28 pm

She reluctantly leaned into him and felt his hands begin to massage her. Her eyes instinctively closed and she rolled her neck slightly. It cracked and felt amazing. His fingers kneading deep into her muscles as she began to relax, her shoulders beginning to sag. She could fall asleep just like this. She moaned softly and felt herself relaxing to the point of sleep. She couldn't sleep, not now. She sat up and shook her head, chuckling a bit. "If you continue that I just might fall asleep. Where did you learn that?" She asked as she sat up to look at him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:39 pm

He chuckled at her comment, settling for wrapping his arms around her waist and holding her close, kissing her neck occasionally. He whispered in her ear.

"Well, I picked up a few tricks over the years. I'm glad you enjoyed it."

He leaned back, supporting her weight as they watched Rajat as he enjoyed the stories of the driver. He watched the boy's expressions shift as the stories progressed. He ran his fingers across her arms playfully. As the carriage pulled back up to the square, he sighed.

"Guess the ride is over, Tij."

Rajat had a huge grin on his face as he squealed,"

"Time for the ferry ride!!!"

He chuckled and relaxed his arms as he felt her shift her weight.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:43 pm

All she could do was grin and shake her head. When the ride was over, she stood and was helped down by the driver. Rajat eagerly insisted on the ferry boat ride. "I know you're excited and I would love to go, but I have a video conference in an hour. The boat ride is two hours. Maybe another day."

"But pleeeeeaase Mommy? Please, please, pleeeeease can I go. It's boring at the hotel. I'll be good, I swear."

She looked over at John and felt defeated by Rajat's pleas. "I really can't miss the conference."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 8:56 pm

Quinn heard her mention her meeting and thought for a moment.

"Tij...Rochelle is still busy with your morning tasks, right? I can take him on the ferry. We can meet you at Pére Antoine's. It is right over at Royal and St. Anne. They have a 'Chicken Saint Anne' there that is to die for."

He took her hand in his, turning to face her, looking in her eyes.

"He will be safe with me, Tij. You already know that."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:00 pm

She hesitated for a moment, looking from the pleading Rajat to John. She knew he would be safe and Rajat would have a blast. As much as she wanted to join them, her work was important and couldn't be passed up. She sighed softly and shrugged. "Alright, alright. I....I'll meet you there when I can. Just....don't get him too hyped up on sugar." She gave him a warning look then looked at Rajat.

"I'll see you tonight Raj. Please behave yourself and watch your manners."

"Yes ma'am I promise! Can we go, can we can we??" She chuckled and nodded.

"Go on you two, I'll be fine..."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:09 pm

He kissed her one more time, his hand at the small of her back, holding her close.

"We'll see you there, Tij. I'm sure Rajat will be ready to tell you all about it."

Quinn scooped Rajat up and on to his shoulders, grinning, then turned toward the docks.

He laughed as Rajat rocked on his shoulders, pointing toward the stacks on the paddle-boat.

"Let's go, daddy. The ferry's over there."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:18 pm