For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

An Understanding

Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

An Understanding Empty An Understanding

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:06 pm

She walked through the hallways, getting lost...again. Vincent was kind enough to point her in the direction of the office that Tijgerian was using to get work done. She had made the calls needed per requested, sent out the newest faxes and was ready to show her the reports from this months sales and accounts.

She looked up as she passed Tolvin and looked away quickly. He made her nervous the way he bore his eyes onto her. Never had she felt so...weird around someone. A good weird. She peered into the office and saw Tij typing away on her laptop.

"Knock, knock..." She said meekly.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

An Understanding Empty Re: An Understanding

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:13 pm

She looked up and took a break from typing to sip the cappuccino Vincent had made her. She was hesitant at first about staying here, but the accommodations were actually better than most five star places and Rochelle wasn't on constant sitter duties. She was able to knock out a lot of work now that Rajat had many people to keep him occupied. Leaning back in the chair, she motioned Rochelle in and took another sip.

"Are the reports completed? I need to send them to George by five his time. Which is in an hour."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:15 pm

She nodded proudly and handed them across the desk to Tijgerian. "I've arranged them in alphabetical order according to vendors and then made a separate list of dates acquired. I know how you like them listed and it doesn't hurt to have a copy sent to George like that...if he can read it." She chuckled and looked down at her lap, looking over some files. She was still sort of upset about the other night when Tijgerian laughed at her for being clumsy. She never seen her like that.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:17 pm

Nodding as she set her mug down, she took the files and looked them over as Rochelle spoke. "Very well. Great work. I'll meet my deadline and can work on the New Orleans accounts. George wants my answer in a week about taking over that office." She sighed, stressed out about the pressure of making a definite decision.

"I also need to apologize. Shell, I'm so sorry about the other night. I was out of line to laugh like that and...there is no excuse. I was just at this...I don't know. Please forgive me for my behavior."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:23 pm

"It-Its fine...really. I know you're overworked, tired and just...dealing with a lot. Besides, I really hadn't heard you laugh like that in a while." She chuckled and shrugged. "No harm, no foul. Really, it's cool. All is forgiven if it matters that much to you...although I could say I'll only forgive you if I can get off this weekend for a spa day..." She laughed. "Just kidding."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:24 pm

"Done. Consider it done. I'm sure things will be fine by the weekend and I myself plan to take off. I'm telling George no traveling for a week. I need to...refocus myself and...I think it's time. I've been owing you a spa day so it's only fair..." She smiled and took another sip of her cappuccino.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 pm

Her mouth nearly fell open at that. What was happening to her employer? She had been acting strange ever since they came to Louisiana and more importantly ever since John Quinn came into her life. She always did think he was a nice looking man...and then she saw waaaay too much of him. Way more than she ever wanted or needed to see. She flushed red at her thoughts and looked up again with a smirk.

"Well...thank you. I...really, thank you."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:34 pm

She shrugged. "Don't mention it." She saw her turn red and cocked a brow, wondering what was going on through her assistants head. So she was bold and asked. "Just what is it that has you fumbling around like a fool? I've never seen you act this way...I mean sure, you're clumsy at times but...this is a record."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:44 pm

She looked away embarrassed at her blunt question. Turning her head to look back at her, she folded her arms across her chest and smirked. "Well, you're one to talk...I've never seen you act this way with anyone. So if we're getting personal, why don't you tell him you love him already? Hm?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:46 pm

Narrowing her eyes at her suggestion, she grinned and shook her head. "We do not go there. Ever. John and I have....an understanding. That's it. You know of my nature and it's just one of those things. You on the other hand...I seen the way you look at the guard. What's his name? Alvin?"

She grinned seeing Rochelle's reaction.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:50 pm

Rochelle wrinkled her nose. "I may never understand your logic Tij...I just don't see how you can not see that he loves you. But, whatever. Your life..." She heard her suggestion and looked away from her.

"I...don't know what you mean. Oh, look it's nearly five, I should get those faxes out." She stood and extended her hand for the paperwork.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:54 pm

Tij chuckled and shook her head. "You're my friend, Shell...but we don't talk about my love life. My non-existent love life. I know you're trying to help, but it's just not going to happen. I don't need a man and I certainly do not need John Quinn. Like I stated, we have an understanding. And as you walked into this morning, occasionally a nice sexual return." She shrugged. "But it's not what you think."

Watching her change the subject quickly, she cocked a brow and knew there was something she was not saying. "Mmhmm if you say so. Fax these to George and I'll email him about a call soon. I'm considering taking a vacation soon."
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:57 pm

She listened to Tij speak and could tell she was putting up a huge, steel caged front. She wouldn't let John in, and in the end...Tij would regret it. But, it was her life. She bit her lip to refrain from grinning when she brought up walking in on them. It had been all day and she still could not look John in the eyes. Clearing her throat, she scratched her neck nervously. "Yeah..about that...I uh...well, warn me next time." She chuckled.

"I think a vacation would do you good. You appear tired and I know you haven't been sleeping. Rajat said you were having nightmares again. Are you sure you don't want to talk to someone about that? I mean I know you hate shrinks, but...it's getting worse and you know it."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:59 pm

She shrugged. "Never occurred to me to warn you. I wasn't expecting it or you to just barge into his bedroom either." Seeing her turn red, she grinned and shook her head.

Tijgerian looked away from her and stood, walking over to the window. She wrapped her arms around her body and shook her head. "The things I deal with in my dreams are mine to deal with and mine alone. I don't need anyone and I don't need to talk to anyone. I'm fine, Rochelle. Don't worry yourself over me." She turned to face Rochelle. "Now get that faxed so I can finish my work." She said with finality in her voice.
    Rochelle Petrakis
    Rochelle Petrakis

Post by Rochelle Petrakis Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:04 pm

She inclined her head after her orders were given, knowing she had gone back into full business woman mode and there was no more talking freely. She respected Tij and knew that there were things off limits to speak about, including Rajat's father and her nightmares. But it didn't stop her from worrying about her friend. She had been working for her for eight years now and learned that this woman didn't let anyone in and she barely let her in.

Turning, she walked out of the office and heard the sounds of Rajat playing. Deciding to go the other way to avoid having to see John, she found herself in a hallway and had no idea where the hell she was.

"Lost again?" She heard the familiar voice of Tolvin ask as she slowly turned to meet his eyes.

"I....uh..maybe. I need a map, this place is huge."

He chuckled, "Come. I was just about to take a break. I'll show you to the room you seek." She smiled and nodded.

"Thanks." Her smile grew as she walked beside him down the hall. This man was just sex on a stick wrapped up in yummy goodness.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 am