For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

ICU ~ Shreveport Hospital

Violet Rose Asher
    Violet Rose Asher

ICU ~ Shreveport Hospital Empty ICU ~ Shreveport Hospital

Post by Violet Rose Asher Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:07 pm

~ ICU Shreveport Hospital ~

*Beth had started her shift for the night in ICU, she'd been down in Trauma last night when the young blonde Violet had been rushed in; She'd lost a LOT of blood stemming from a gun shot wound to her lower right side, as well as the fear she was hemorrhaging internally. Someone had beat the hell out of that poor girl. Beth was curious to see if the pretty blonde had pulled through. The Doctor was walking out as Beth walked up, she'd spied the name plate on the room as Violet.* Doc? How's she holding up? *He gave her an odd look* Is she a friend of yours? *Beth shook her head* No, I was in Trauma last night when she was brought in, we were told it was a robbery gone bad. *He solemnly nodded* To be honest Beth, it's still touch and go. When we got in there was more damage than we thought. We had to remove her right ovary, appendix and part of her large intestines. *shaking his head* The bullet barely missed her kidney, it was lodged up next to it. She took a bad hard blow to the sternum, cracked in two spots, broke in one that punctured her right lung. Gods, she had 4 cracked ribs, her right eye socket and cheekbone were broken as well, not to mention all the abrasions and bruises, she'd been tied up while they beat her. We had here in surgery for about 6 1/2 to 7 hours. We have no idea when she might wake up. *Beth shook her head as a tear skirted down her cheek* I'll keep an eye on her, is there anyone we can call for her? *He shook his head again* There was nothing with her belongings to indicate and next of kin, page me Beth if her condition changes Please. *He walked down to the next room as she whispered* Of course Doctor…..

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:50 am