For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Not enough hours in a day

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Not enough hours in a day Empty Not enough hours in a day

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:02 pm

He ran the rag over the bar and blew out a breath, checking his watch. Nicole was resting and he had some work to get done at the bar. The supplies were running low, Sookie was over worked, Holly too. Arlene had just come back full time and he was down a bus boy since moving James up to security. he needed another cook as well, Lafayette had left him enough voicemails bitching about it. Part of him didn't want to fill that position because it was Terry's position and always would be.

Tossing the towel over his shoulder, he grabbed a glass and placed a few ice cubes in the glass. Uncorking the Jack, he poured himself a glass.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Not enough hours in a day Empty Re: Not enough hours in a day

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:05 pm

{Alcide walked in and looked around for Sookie, thinking she worked tonight. His phone had died and he had no way of finding out. When he didn't see her, he assumed she was at home. After the day he had, a nice cold beer and burger sounded about right. He took a seat on the bar stool at the bar and knocked his knuckles on the bar top to a beat in his head. He grinned as he watched Sam pour himself a glass of Jack.}

"I didn't know you could drink on the job, Sammy boy." {He chuckled and lifted his finger.} "I'll have a cold one, Coors if you got it."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:07 pm

He took a long pull of the Jack and set the glass down after Alcide requested a beer. Grabbing one out, he popped the lid off and slid it across the counter to him. Giving him a small nod, he blew out a breath and grabbed his glass again. -Trust me, if I don't I may lose it. There aren't enough hours in the day, man.-
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:09 pm

{He chuckled and nodded as he took a drink from his bottle, swallowing and hissing as the cold liquid went down. He set the bottle down and played with the label.}

"I take it Sooks is off tonight?" {Sam nodded as he drank more of his crown and he continued.} "Something bothering you? Last I heard you were on cloud nine about Nicole...everything still okay with her?" {He knew Sam had marked her, which was a shifter way of saying he knocked her up. His scent was all over Nicole as if he claimed her. He remembered the night Sam realized it too.}
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:12 pm

He nodded. -I just don't seem to ever have enough time for the bar and her. She's doing great, the baby is healthy...the bar is suffering though, so are the workers. Something has to give soon.- He blew out a breath and shook his head as he leaned against the back wall of the bar.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:14 pm

{He took another drink and nodded, understanding the frustration. He shrugged and laughed a bit.}

"Simple Sam..sell it."

{He suggested and grabbed his wallet out his back pocket, tossing a ten on the counter.} "And keep the change, consider it a tip." {Tipping his head to Sam, he stood and downed the rest of his beer.}

"I hate to run, but I got a cute little blonde waitress waiting for me at home." {He grinned.} "You'll figure it out Sam, you always do." {With that, he turned to leave.}
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:20 pm

His brows went up at Alcide's suggestion and he looked down in the glass of Jack. He'd never considered selling before. The bar was his baby, but he had a baby on the way so that did take priority. He looked up and saw the ten, shaking his head with his own grin. -Thanks, man. You go take care of her, she's been working doubles.-

Maybe if he called Jessica to see where she was, he could have the night shifts covered. He'd have to talk to James and see if he had any friends that needed jobs. He grabbed the money and placed it in the till, looking back at Alcide as he walked out. -Yeah, I sure hope you're right about that.- He was getting more and more stressed by the day and learning from James about the vampire in the parking lot, and then customers alerting him to vampire goo in the front lot...vampires were attacking more and more frequently. Maybe he could talk to Bill about this..he was king after all, that should mean he could control his...people.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:47 am