For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A shortage ..

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

A shortage .. Empty A shortage ..

Post by Willa Burrell Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:16 pm

Willa got to work early to meet with the order that was coming ,she had gotten a call that it was going to be shorted by almost a 1/4 and that was no good since the last order was cut by a 1/3 .She had called Mr Quinns company last week and they made up the difference and it looks like she will have to do that again this week .She gets on the phone and makes an order times 2 of what she missing and then orders for next week as well it would seem that Mr.Quinns company is the only one that has the ability to get blood at the moment ,this is very bad .

As they are unloading the bloods and sprits she goes over everything with a fine tooth comb and finds out she is not only shorted with true bloods but with wine bloods as well  ,this will not due .Since she had added the wine bloods they had been going off the shelves like candy and tonight was going to be a big night .Well she hoped the other order will be here in a matter of a couple of hours so she wouldn’t be unloading during business hours .

Willa hoped this was just a passing thing and not a start of a much worse trend ,the loss of bottled blood was going to start the same old problems they had just a couple of years ago which vampire race  never really recovered from  .With her father putting Hep-V into one of the main True Blood plants then having it distributed she had hoped they had caught it in time but had they ? She really didn’t  know now .The head bartender for the night came up to her and said …

“Miss Burrell I don’t know if we have enough stock for tonight …were mighty low for all them hungry vamps thatll be comin in …”

“Well I have ordered from another company and they will be here shortly …they have enough for the next week as well so we should be alright …the problem we will be facing is if we are the only place that can get blood  we will be smashed with people and then the real problems will come ..”
    “Yes Miss that’s for sure I have noticed a huge increase in our numbers already in the last few nights …and I don’t see it stopping..and they are drinking more …we have caught more and more trying to take drinks out of the bar as well ..now we do sell off sales but these are half finished drinks its weird  ..its like they are hoarding it …”

“That is strange …the next time you catch one doing this come and get me I would like to speak with the vampire doing such a thing ..it is very strange…What about the infected …have you come across any more of those poor creatures ?”

“ No not since the other night  …I have heard stories though from others …there are lots of stories coming from everywhere …infected are all over ..something has to be done about them ..they are dangerous ..”

“Yes I totally agree with you but what and who that is the main questions I think …Well enough of this the other truck should be here shortly let me know when it arrives Ill be in the office trying to figure out how we are going to stay in the blood business ..”

She turns on her heels and goes to the office wondering if Pam should be made aware of this or if she already knew .She put the shipping orders out for her to go over and made note that they were getting shorted every order then left Pam a note about the number of vampires is rising and what needs to be done .She was wondering if a meeting was in order but hoped not and the left the office and went to wait for the latest order to arrive ..

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 9:41 am