For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Getting ready ...

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Getting ready ... Empty Getting ready ...

Post by Willa Burrell Thu May 01, 2014 11:28 am

Willa went out to talk to the guards that were guarding the house ,she knew the guards at the bar had been let go and she wanted them at this meeting as well .So she asked the head house guard to call all the guards in from the bar for a meeting.As they were arriving she pulled up a few cases of True blood out of the cellar to feed all the guards that were coming as well as the ones that were already there .She had Rae help her set up chairs in the backyard for everyone to sit ,she had a feeling this was going to be a long night .She wished Tara was there but for the introductory meeting she really didn’t need to be .Once they were done setting up and all of the vampires were there ,a total of 57 in all , she had Rae hand out the True Blood and she started the meeting …

“I wanted to thank you for coming this is very important …I know some of you lost your jobs when Fangtasia closed and I would like to offer you your jobs back …now the pay is a lot lower but I can  offer a blood supply not what your use to but you wont starve and you won’t have to feed on tainted blood I can offer clean blood  …We are all short on blood but we do have a small supply that will be coming in every three days and it will be able to keep a small amount of fighters alive for the time being until we get this all figured out … “

“I am looking for fighters to build a small army that will fight for myself ,Tara and her cousin Lafayette …we believe that there is an army of infected and maybe even non infected coming to Bon Temps …we don’t know when but we think its soon …Before you ask …no …no one else believes this …and yes we got this information from Lafayette’s abilities’ …some of you know about Lafayette and some of you don’t ..just know he has powers and he speaks with the dead …and he is never wrong …we need fighters who will be loyal and true to us and no other so if you have loyalties elsewhere feel free to leave now  …(she looked over the guards and waited for someone ,anyone to leave but no one did )…”

“Ok thats great ..now we can get started with questions and a plan on the best way to get started on training and  how we plan on doing this ..we need leaders and seconds …do you men have leaders among you that would step forward ..(she waited for anyone to step forward ,several men stepped forward ) ..Ok we have one two ( as she counted ) there are 7  of you who would be leaders and seconds what say the rest of you about these men being your leaders ?...(she got a yell as a response )..Ok now we got our head of our army …we need to make out a training program …one for the humans and one foe the vampires …there are 3 leaders for the humans and 4 for the vampires ..do you think we should have more ?”

One of the vampire leaders named Vex spoke up ..

“No Miss the men will follow what we say there is no problem with that I know the all the men that were picked and they are all well battled and they are well liked …we will have no problems ..”

“Is this true men ?( she got another yell back from the men ) Well then lets get started …I need another trainer as well since Elsa passed …Who will take over training me ?”

“I will Miss… Elsa had told me of your training we were very close even though she came to you I wish she would have come to me .But she didn’t or wouldn’t let me see her die …So I would be honored to take Elsas place ..”Vex said ..

“If I would have known she had someone I would have come for you …I am so sorry for your loss Vex …I would be pleased to have you train me …as for the rest of the training you need to train like you are going to war …because that is what your going to be going into war …you’re going to be fighting infected first and foremost  so you’re going to have to make sure you get none of their blood on you  …its going to be tricky fighting a heard of them without getting blood on you but you’re going to have to …its your life or theirs and their blood is death ..I am not sure how you train for that but you’re going to have to …the back of our yard will be turned into a training center ..it backs on a huge green space with tons of trees with dense bushes perfect for training …I would like the humans to start at first light and the vampires to start at first dusk …any questions ..”

“So there is no idea when this fight will take place ..”

“No Im sorry we have no idea but it should be soon ..with the close of Fangtasia I fear it will happen sooner than later …”

“Are we to be paid for our loyalty..”

“Payment is clean blood until we get through this then once Fangtasia is back and running you will have your jobs back ..I promise …”

“We have more vampire friends that were in Mr Quinns service but were let go do you have room for them ..there are about another 10 of them ..”

“Yes we have room …we are able to feed about 50 vampires  but that is all  and even then it will thin ..I don’t want you to go hungry just to have more men …you need to be in tip top shape for the war to come …”

“Is there any chance we will get more information from Lafayette any time soon ..”

“We will be talking to the Grans hopefully soon but they are not always so straight forward in what they say …so lets not plan on any more information coming from them …”

“How do you plan on keeping this from our King …”

“Well that’s a tough one …this is why I ask for your loyalty in this we are doing this under the wire because no one believes us ..we ask that no one speak of this to anyone ..dont speak of this outside of this home and training area …we don’t know who might be one of the ones that turns and attacks out of hunger or gets infected then attacks ..we really cant trust anyone outside of this group …we need to test everyone here as well before we start our training …we must keep what we do here  quite ..no one must know ..”

“Where will we be getting our weapons from and are we getting the new UV amo the humans were using at the compound ..we should also have the those funky contacts for the human guards to wear just incase ..are you able to get your hands on that kind of high tech weapons ..”

“Yes I am sure we can get anything you need just get a list together of what weapons you will need for the task at hand and Ill order them …what about full contact gear Ill order that as well …get all the sizes for each of the men …”

“What about sleeping quarters ..some of us lost our sleeping quarters when Fangtasia closed …”

“Umm..Im sure we can figure out something for you in the mean time you can stay with us we have several guest rooms and there is a an old guest house out back that we have gotten to renovate yet …Find out how many have no sleeping quarters and we will work out something …”

As the questions dies down Willa walked over to Vex and looked over the notes he collected from the men ,she nodded to him and went into the house to make her phone calls .The men were outside talking amongst themselves when she walks back out with a huge smile on her face .She gets everyones attention…

“Well its looks like we are in business …The weapons and amo are ordered and will be here in 3 days ..it will show up with our next blood order which will now be delivered here instead of Fangtasia ..everything is coming together …I have also ordered 3 RVs that will be delivered tomorrow and will be placed in behind our home for the vampires who don’t have a place to stay …”

Willa was so proud of herself she had brought together a group of humans and vampires to fight for her and her friends once the war happens .She refused not to be ready for what is coming ,she was going to be ready no matter what anyone said …

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:12 pm