For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Getting away

Max Braun
    Max Braun

Getting away - Page 2 Empty Re: Getting away

Post by Max Braun Tue May 20, 2014 2:45 pm

Max heard Kiara snap at what he assumed to be one of the flight attendants as he laid on the large bed. He knew that going to her was only going to cause her more upset and annoyance that he was even still here. They were only less then an hour from Belfast. But he knew that this journey was going to be long, maybe in that time Kiara would learn to forgive him.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue May 20, 2014 2:59 pm

She groaned and slid down to the floor. She had a moment where she felt utterly helpless. So many bodies with warm blood and none of them were of use to her. Why was it that somehow fate had found a way to have her forever bound to vampires?

One of the attendants tried to pick her up but she fought them off, albeit somewhat feebly.

"N-no...d-dont... don't...want... more pain" she mumbled.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Wed May 21, 2014 4:41 am

Max could hear Kiara's plea. It was barely a whisper. He shot up from the bed and sped out of the bedroom towards her and found her slumped on the floor "LEAVE US!" he screeched at the attendants. Turning his attention back to Kiara he pulled his sleeve up to reveal his wrist "Kiara. You need to feed from me. Do it now before you die!" he instructed her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed May 21, 2014 5:48 am

Kiara looked up at him. The look in her eyes was empty and rather pitiful. Like the expression an animal who has been beaten so many times would have. There was no fire, no spark behind her eyes, just a sad and defeated realization of her place in the world.

"P-please.... d-don't....hurt me" she mumbled in her half delirious state, unable to distinguish the fact she was in a plane thousands of miles above the ground and not inside the dingy, coated dungeon that William had made her home.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Wed May 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Max looked on defeated...He did not know what to say to that. He could promise he would never hurt her but she would never trust him.

"I promise to try Kiara....Now just feed" he begged in a whisper holding his wrist to her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Wed May 21, 2014 1:37 pm

She leaned in and bit weakly into his wrist. That familiar taste of his blood made her suck a bit harder but it was several minutes before she had enough strength to really take a large pull of his blood. Once she did her eyes opened wide and she stared at him with a mixture of hatred and blood induced lust before she pulled her mouth away.

His blood gave her much more strength than any of the bottled vampire blood.

"I'm tired...." She whispered. "Tired of being people's playthings. Is it really that hard to find someone who won't fuck you over for no reason?"

Last edited by Kiara Griffen on Tue May 27, 2014 5:41 am; edited 1 time in total
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Tue May 27, 2014 2:29 am

Max grunted feeling her bite down onto his exposed wrist, a hiss passing though his lips as he pressed them together to silence himself. A few seconds later his wrist had began to heal as Kiara withdrew her fangs.

"It's a vampire thing" was all that he could say.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Tue May 27, 2014 5:44 am

She sighed as she stood, steady on her feet as she seemed to compose herself.

"then I suppose I can only expect you to fuck me over as well" was all she said as she returned to the bed he'd placed her before her episode. She laid down on her side, her back to him, curling up slightly as she used the pillow that would have been for her head and instead clutched it close to her chest as a substitute for holding someone.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sat May 31, 2014 12:18 pm

Max sighed. What would it take for Kiara to trust him again and for her to see that what he was doing was helping them both. He stood at the door and watched her lay on the bed with her back to him. He folded his arms across his chest tilting his head to the side a little.

"....He hurt you didn't he" he stated.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:36 am

"If you mean your brother no...he didn't hurt me. All he did was violate me with silver and take pleasure in my screams, something I'm used to" she said bluntly.

She couldn't suppress the shudder of recalling that particular violent memory. Max had never known the details, he'd just seen the aftermath.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:14 am

Hearing her words about what his brother William did to her made him sick to his stomach. But he knew what his brother was like and what his temper could be like. But it was not his brother whom he was referring to.

".....I was not speaking of William. I am speaking about your king. William Compton" he continued to question her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:23 am

She shrugged "I suppose he did, but he's a vampire it is in his nature to hurt those close to him" she said casually.

"It was more my fault, for being a fool and thinking I belonged in his world" she then let out a dark chuckle "You'd think after he ripped open my throat once I would have stayed away"

She nuzzled the pillow she clutched, hating that she still had memories of what she considered her past life as a mortal. She hated even more that somewhere, deep down in her non beating heart was a tiny speck of hope that someone, somewhere would actually give two shits about her long enough not to destroy her world....again.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Fri Jun 06, 2014 6:30 am

Max continued to listen to her words again about this vampire who had first broken her.

"The person whom we once were before we become vampires dies the moment we close our eyes for the very last time as a human. But when you become a vampire, your human life continues to lay in the dirt. You leave it behind you. The king of Louisiana was once a great man, but his judgement became clouded, it happens to us all at some point Kiara. Who we were and who we are now...two different people. You fell for the man he once was, as he pretended to be before he became a vampire. But who he is now, well only you can judge that" he ended sullenly.

Max from the door and made his way around the large bed to face Kiara, slowly he perched himself on the edge of the bed.

"Every vampire can leave their past behind them if they choose...You just have to decide if that is what you want Kiara" he whispered.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:17 am

She sighed as she looked up at him. "I just wish you men would stop making it your life's mission to keep me alive. For a woman who has only craved death since the moment she was imprisoned by a vampire it seems fate has gone the extra length to fuck me over all while ensuring that people around me keep bringing me back to life" she said with a tired voice.

"and I tried telling Bill that I wanted to accept his vampire self, but it is hard to accept someone when they hate so deeply what they are. He hates being a vampire, but relishes the control. He wants to be human because only that will allow him to be with the human woman he fell in love with and still loves despite trying to use me to fill the void"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:41 am

Max let out a heart-filled sigh as he listened to her words once again as she spoke of the vampire king that she had fallen in love with.

"As much as you don't want to hear it. But you should know this. He did try to find you, my brother had contacts in the states and there was someone spotted at your home. I assume that this would have been your vampire. But he cared enough to try to find you Kiara. That must mean something" he ended expressing his view.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 am

She shrugged again. "He does that all the time.... he claims he worries about where I am, and it turns out all he wants is to make sure I live under his thumb, silent and obedient to all his rules" She turned over, laying on her back.

"He made it clear I was to accept all his rules, everything he does regardless of if I like it. But he finds it justified to punish me should I disobey his rules. It was even alright to punish me for the sins of my past, long before I had met him"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:11 am

Max moved himself so that he was sitting on the bed with his back leaning against the bed post.

"It sounds to me as though your vampire king tried to become something that he is not. Trying to control those around him because he cannot control himself. He feels the need to make everything his own way" he told her.

Max did not know William Compton personally but he had heard enough rumours about him.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:16 am

She shrugged and sighed. "A pity really... so many people, myself included cared so much about him, and yet he effectively managed to push us all away, relegating himself to a very lonely existence"

She looked at Max "But I suppose I shouldn't judge....I've been made vampire...so my existence is bound to be a lonely one as well"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:26 am

"The mere definition of a vampire is being alone Kiara. It's in our nature to be that way, but some defy that label and change things for either the good or the bad. It's a choice that we all have to make, I made mine a long time ago. But you still have that choice" he assured her.

Gazing down at her softly.

"You will always have a choice Kiara" he ended in a whisper.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jun 06, 2014 8:34 am

She shook her head. "I've never had choices. I never chose to be tortured, never chose to be abused, and certainly didn't choose to be a vampire.... I'm fairly certain I won't be having the ability to choose for a long long time"

She stretched and nuzzled the pillow again. "As long as people stop making me bleed and feel pain, I don't care"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:31 am

Max hated seeing Kiara so broken and defeated. He had never met anyone who could not see the joy in life and what it had to offer.

"What do you want Kiara? Truly want in life?" he quizzed her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:40 am

She shrugged "nothing.... once.. in a different life I wanted companionship, I wanted my daughter and someone to walk with me through life. Now I want nothing. Theres no need to ask for something...for anything when I know fate will cruelly deny me it"

She sighed. "I don't even want death anymore.... despite your brother making me crave it so strongly"
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:52 am

"Things have a way of changing our perspective's Kiara. You have to let yourself believe that" he whispered.

Clearing his throat he stood from the bed straightening himself out.

"You should rest. We will be in Belfast soon and you will need all the rest you can get before we head back to the states" he prompted her.
    Kiara Griffen
    Kiara Griffen

Post by Kiara Griffen Fri Jun 06, 2014 10:11 am

She shrugged "The day I feel hope again... will be the day you stop being british" she said as a bad joke before just curling up on the bed, trying to keep herself rested so she didn't burn through all the energy she managed to get from feeding.
    Max Braun
    Max Braun

Post by Max Braun Sun Jun 08, 2014 1:41 pm

Max could not help but chuckle at her words "If you wish to be specific. I am not British. I was originally born in Germany" he smirked "But have lived in London since I was turned many years ago" he told her.

Max knew it would only be a matter of time before she needed to feed again, and he needed to maintain some strength.

"You should rest. I shall wake you once we land in Belfast" he promised her before closing the door and headed straight back to his seat in the front of the plane.

Kiara was a strange woman, one whom did not bend easily to those superior to her. But that is what he liked about her. She was strong.

'This is your captain speaking. We are on finally approach to Belfast. Clear skies ahead' the captain spoke through the speaker.

Clearly Max underestimated the time it would take for them to reach Belfast. They would land and change aircraft and then it was on to the states.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:23 am