For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Making Things Clear

Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Making Things Clear Empty Making Things Clear

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:53 pm

Bill had been debating for days whether or not to go and see Sookie. He had been trying to call her but his calls were always rejected. He suspected that it had something to do with the wolf taking charge of her cell. He wanted to say something that did not end in a fight as he did not want Sookie stuck in the middle. Bill hated feeling like this, like he could always feel Sookie but could never truly have her. He had done so many things to destroy her trust in him, he had not earned it. He was willing to give up Sookie's mortality so that he could have Warlow. 

But he did not care at that point, but now everything had changed. All he wanted now was Sookie back in his life. But what could he do? She was not answering her calls and he did not think going to her place of work was a good idea. Standing outside her front door he debated whether or not to knock. But he had to know, he had to make his feelings clear. Knocking a few times he waited for an answer.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Making Things Clear Empty Re: Making Things Clear

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Alcide was out getting them some dinner and she was cleaning up the kitchen that she had neglected to clean after breakfast that morning. Her phone had rang a few times, but she had ignored it... just like she would continue to do. Bill didn't seem to get it; that night that they almost shared was a mistake. She loved him. She always would. But he was part of her past.

So when there was a knock at her door, she rolled her eyes and tossed the rag into the sink before heading through the doorway to the front door. She took a deep breath, closed her eyes for a second and then opened it.

"Bill," she said simply.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:12 pm

The door opened slowly and appeared Sookie and a smirk spread across his face as his arms wrapped around his back clasping together.

"Sookie....I was worried, you seem to have neglected to answer your phone. I have been calling you for several days now" he commented.

Bill knew it was down to the dog but he was not about to voice his objections right now, not when their relationship was up in the air.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:20 pm

She nodded and continued to stand in the doorway to look at him.

"And I thought, you being as old as you are, you would realize when someone doesn't want to talk to you."

She was being rude, and she knew her Gran would be rolling in her grave if she could hear her. But she knew that she couldn't let her heart get in the way; if she did, she'd invite Bill in and all would be history. She had to cut their friendship to pieces, and not be nice while doing it.

"What is it, Bill? Alcide will be home any minute. It's... it's not safe for you to be here."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:24 pm

Bill wanted to growl at hearing Alcide's name but he kept his composure. He felt a pang upon hearing Sookie's words about not wanting to talk to him.

"....If you are worried about what I will do to Alcide, I can assure you that I will not touch him if that is what you desire" he promised.

Bill took a step towards the door and could feel the barrier between him and Sookie keep them parted.

"May I come in?" he asked her politely.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:35 pm

She shook her head. "I don't think that's a good idea."

And she had to fight against the urge to roll her eyes at his comment about not touching Alcide; she really didn't think that that would be a worry. Alcide would win in a fight.

"And I'm not worried about you hurting him. I just don't want you fighting. Period."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:40 pm

Bill had to respect her wishes and did not press the matter. But he was here for a reason and he needed to say it otherwise he would loose the courage.

"...Sookie...." he whispered.

Taking a small step closer towards the threshold he gazed down at her.

"...About what happened.....between us...I can't stop thinking about that night" he admitted.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:48 pm

She didn't move, knowing that he couldn't come in because she still stood behind the threshold.

"I can't stop thinking about it either," she said quietly as she looked at his feet. "It was a mistake that shouldn't have happened."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:52 pm

Bill attempted to take another step forward but was blocked by the threshold that banished him to remain outside. His hands placed on the outer wooden frame holding onto it for dear life.

"Don't say that....You and I both know it is what we both wanted Sookie....I can feel that you still want me Sookie as I still want you" he ended in a whisper.

Bill could feel the inner battle in her, he knew that she was lying.

"I love you Sookie" he admitted honestly with her.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:59 pm

She shook her head and took a small step back, closing her eyes and turning from him.

"No you don't, Bill. You love the thought of me. You loved me. But not anymore. We're done. I.... I love Alcide, Bill. I can't be with you. I won't be with you. Not again."

Her heart was breaking. And she would be surprised if he couldn't hear it. This was the hardest thing she had said, but it was true - she loved Alcide, not Bill. And they would never be. Not again.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:03 pm

It hurt Bill to hear Sookie say those words to him, he did not want to accept it. Deep down a small part of him knew it to be true but yet he did not want to admit it to himself.

"Let me in Sookie. Let's talk about this" Bill pleaded with her.

Slamming his hand on the door frame he let out a heart filled sigh before returning his gaze to her.

"Alcide can not give you what you want...He can't protect you like I can Sookie....Just please let's talk about this" he pleaded again.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:14 pm

She shook her head and took another step back, her hand on the door as she prepared to shut it.

"No, Bill. You can't come in. And Alcide has given me everything I want. He treats me like a queen. He loves me. He never lied to me. He never deceived me." She shook her head again and started to shut the door.

"Please leave, Bill. Alcide is going to be home soon."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:19 pm

So did Sookie know about Alcide and what he was really like? If Alcide had not lied to her then she would know.

"If Alcide is so perfect then why don't you ask him how he became Pack Master of the Shreveport wolves and what he did to Merlotte" Bill spoke angered in a hushed tone.

Bill knew he was sinking low by doing this, but is she thought Alcide was perfect then she really did not know about him.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:28 pm

She raised a brow and started to open the door, but shook her head and gripped it tighter.

"You don't need to be involved in our relationship, Bill. We have a good relationship, and I won't let you put doubts in my mind. Just...." She cleared her throat and sighed. "Leave, Bill. Just leave."

And as much as she said she didn't want him to put doubts in her mind, he had. And now, along with dealing with Bill, she would have to deal with her new doubts about Alcide. Thanks, Bill. She really appreciated it.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Bill knew that what he had said had gotten to her about her so called love Alcide. But it was clear that Alcide was not as open and honest with her as she claimed he was. But it still hurt him that even after all their time together she still rejected him.

"Goodnight Miss Stackhouse" be whispered.

Taking a step back from the threshold Bill turned and sped from Sookie's door. Bill would make Sookie realize that she still loved him. 

No matter what it took.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:19 pm