For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Quiet Time

Salome Agrippa
    Salome Agrippa

Quiet Time Empty Quiet Time

Post by Salome Agrippa Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:41 am

‎My heels click in a tapping rhythm as I walk the slick, granite corridors of Headquarters, nodding at the personnel I encounter with a bare tilt of my head. Rounding the doorway that led into Roman's office, I merely give a long, steady look when his assistant attempts to block me from gathering up some files, along with a stack of memo's that are littering his desk. I'd promised the The Guardian I'd help relieve some of the monotonous paperwork that had been hounding him for days now, things we'd both let slide in the aftermath of the apprehension of both Mr. Compton and Mr. Northman. Roman called them Cowboys, mavericks...and they were. Dangerous beings who only marginally fell in line to buy themselves a bit of time...and that was quickly running out. Taking the pile of work back to my own office, I shut the door and let my own assistant know I was not to be bothered under any circumstances for the next few hours as I sorted through this mess.

Working with diligent speed and a militant thoroughness, I tackled the memo's first, issuing corrections and approvals before setting them aside to be delivered to the appropriate parties later. Always critical of EVERY bit of wording on propaganda that left our HeadQuarters, any and everything that held Roman's signature or had the consent of the One True Vampire Authority, I took my job, my position as both Chancellor and the Guardian's trusted commander very seriously and woe to anyone who thought I fulfilled both obligations with anything less than full dedication. I'd not gotten to where I was, not risen as high as I had, by sitting back and letting others guide me or fool me into thinking to skate by with the barest attention to detail. Not I. I also didn't particularly care what others thought of me...after 2,000 years walking this planet, the amount of fucks I gave amounted to zero in that regard.

‎Seductress. Evil. Wicked. Cruel. History had painted me the villian, sure and true and while there was a grain of truth to every story told of me, it was never as sensational as made out to be. It was true what I'd told Bill...there were humans far more savage than any vampire I'd ever known. But...the old saying about not letting a few rotten apples spoil the whole bunch held. As it was, I tried not to dwell on my past so much. Nothing could harm ME now, I was in control of my own destiny. And it was a good one, damned if I"d let the Sanguinnista's or any who associated with them, keep us from our mainstream agenda. Co existence, as Roman said, is NOT an option..it is a necessity. And one I will ensure, along with the other Chancellor's, happens.

Tackling the emails next, I was able to finish those in under an hour, along with a quick video conference with our delegates in Sydney and London. Multi tasking, vampire style, is a true art form..the brain works at a higher capacity, enabling one to competently undertake more than one thought or action in the barest minimum of time. A slight laugh. Roman HATES this part of his position, the mindnumbing 'ordinary' bit. Which is why it rends to take him forever but I enjoy it from time to time, gives me a chance to realign my thoughts and have a few moments where I can let the mask drop and relax somewhat. I have a role to play...and I play it well. Sometimes, so well that I forget what my own motives and desires are. Ah well. Buzzing my assistant to bring me some warmed True Blood O Neg, I type up a few summaries in the interim, setting them aside to discuss with Roman later on. By the time I have drink in hand, I'm done with all I'd set my mind too and The Guardian now has a clear desk.

Leaning back, taking a sip, I quickly hit a few keys on my laptop, pulling up Nora's cell, simply watching my protege, on her knees again and chanting in that maddening tone of the righteous worshipper. Rolling my eyes at such theatrics, really, she'd have done well on any stage in the world with such histronics. She'd given us all we'd asked for and yet, I felt there was more. Something still didn't fit....a piece of the puzzle she was withholding. Mention the True Death to her and she was martyrdom personified. Mention staking Compton or Northman and she was so very quick to rally and spill her guts, as the humans say. Curiouser and curiouser but we'd figure it out. She would help. And when we'd gotten all we could from her...

Then she could join those who'd come before her in their misguided attempts to undermine the Authority....

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:22 am