For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A Tangled Web

Kibwe Akinjide
    Kibwe Akinjide
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

A Tangled Web Empty A Tangled Web

Post by Kibwe Akinjide Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:43 pm

(As I sit back in my chair, hands at my lap... I wonder and watch with a keen eye, listening to the words of the Guardian, Roman. What the hell kind of mess did I just walk into after my trip to Ghana? Romancing the notion to let Eric and Bill live is on my mind, unfortunately the way the facial expressions around the table seem to state otherwise.

Are we really going to let this charade go on? Are they actually wanting to destroy two vampires who may have been in the right? Or are they letting their ego's take over and letting their selfish pride reign? Regardless as to what the future holds, I am sure it will not end without someone paying the ultimate price of, Final Death. The least I can do is try to post pone it and save those two from that eternal darkness. Justice must be served... but at what cost?)

Last edited by Kibwe Akinjide on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kibwe Akinjide
    Kibwe Akinjide
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

A Tangled Web Empty Re: A Tangled Web

Post by Kibwe Akinjide Sat Jul 07, 2012 12:40 am

(Remembering the last time we (The Authority) had a meeting, the Guardian (Roman) was on a tyrade regarding Eric Northman and Bill Compton of which was half resolved. The tracking had begun and so we got down to the nitty gritty business end. Trying to find if there was another traitor among us was a serious issue.

Roman being his usual, "you must fear me" self, had opened a silver box from which he presented us with the Cercis Siliquastrum (Judas Tree), an ancient silver tipped stake that was supposedly made by the silver that Judas had dropped and the wood from the tree he hung himself from ... reminding us as to its meaning, as he walked around the table.

I did sense a bit of anxiety and nervous tension from around the room, specifically from Alexander, and Rosalyn. Alexander was acting more peculiar then his normal self, something was definitely amiss with him. I was trying not to draw any conclusions... since the Guardian, being in one of his moods again in trying to weed out a traitor can have that, "air" about him. So the tension was expected.

Ironic in that, the same stake that was made by the 30 pieces of silver from a traitor could be the implement of, Final Death, to someone in the room. As Roman clearly pointed out, "Any chard of wood, would do the job." there was a point to be made by the presentation of the Judas Tree. A symbolism, an example...

Of course I can state that in my naivety, I was a bit caught off guard after he stated that each member of the authorities room was being searched, thus denying Dieter his request to adjourn. That in itself made for a round of manipulated tension by Roman. "If one chancellor can be strayed from the path, then... why not two?" As the Guardian so delicately put it.

Just after Roman read the report, and stated that there was another traitor, both Rosalyn and Alexander began to feel a bit more nervous as was hinted by their change in expressions. At that moment, I thought to myself that they were a dead giveaway as my eyes gazed upon both of them, back and forth. I was not in the mood to object this time around as the proof was clearly on the table as a laptop was presented to the Guardian along with the report. But who was it?

As soon as the video on the laptop was shown to Drew, the excuses started flowing. Alexander caught himself in a contradiction. A momento, then he just wanted to, "infiltrate" and to, "gain their trust?" Obviously he would have gone through the Authority and had asked permission for this to be done rather it be done behind our backs. That was his ultimate mistake... justice had been served.

I do believe the Guardian enjoys his job, just a tad too much... but to state that, "we will fall in line..." was a bit out of the ordinary, such a tyrannic statement. If the Guardian truly wants the Chancellors of the Authority to respect his decisions, fear is not the answer in my perspective. But I do respect his tenaciousness to keep the Authority in line.)

Last edited by Kibwe Akinjide on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:41 am; edited 2 times in total
    Kibwe Akinjide
    Kibwe Akinjide
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Kibwe Akinjide Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:48 am

(The Guardian putting the proverbial collars on Mr. Northman and Mr. Compton was a bit harsh, given the fact that they do have a time limit to find Mr. Edgington. In my mind, the fairness is neither here nor there. The Guardians decision is his alone. Things will play out as they should. It seems to be a bit like chess... the two pawns trying to find the King and yet, the players are being guided like marionettes.

Still strikes me as odd in the surprise reaction regarding Chancellor Harris when the Guardian was choosing the betrayer. Something is either amiss with that woman, or she truly had the fear set into her by the Guardian. Could there be a third betrayer in our mist? I am sure that before the smoke has settled, and things have played out as they should... events will become clear as to who has sided with who. But, should I just sit here and let things happen, without interference?

The clocked is ticking away like rapid eye movement. Is it enough time for the two marionettes to get the job done? And if the choice was the wrong one, who will blame the Guardian if things go awry? Two high ranking vampires taken needlessly by the, Final Death, an unnecessary action. Or if they do find Mr. Edgington would they side with him or give him, his last rights. There certainly seems to be a smoke and mirror scheme going around behind closed doors, I just have that feeling. And yet I can't grasp the way this all feels, the way it is all playing out. Who is playing who for the fool? I think I will sit here and contemplate the events that have unfolded and wait for the game to play on.)

Last edited by Kibwe Akinjide on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:43 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kibwe Akinjide
    Kibwe Akinjide
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

Post by Kibwe Akinjide Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:37 am

‎(As I was walking down the hall to the Authority Chamber's, I got the very overwhelming sense of curiosity. Putting two and two together normally doesn't equate to ten and yet two Chancellor's openly mock Lilith as well as the Vampire Bible, then bow down to the vial of Lilith's blood.

Something is strangely amiss and is not right, my intuition seems to be getting the better of me these days, too much contemplation. My mind seems to think those two know something that the rest of us do not. Otherwise they wouldn't openly mock the traditions of the Authority. I must maintain a clear mind going into the few weeks. Things are developing quite rapidly.

As all vampires can smell the blood of others, especially our own kind. That vial seemed amiss as well. Why does Ancient blood smell so fresh? Just how long has it been in that vial? I mean, I know vampire blood is everlasting, but what does it mean? The possibility of two and two, what with the mockery from the two Chancellor's and the connection with that vial, and have others noticed this strange occurrence?

It is just about time for me to openly speak my mind... we shall see.)

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:19 am