For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A Tiger on a Mission

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

A Tiger on a Mission Empty A Tiger on a Mission

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 pm

TXT
    ~Pam, I am in Shreveport for the night and need to speak to you. I will be at the club tonight after sunset. Hope to see you then~

Pam rose at sun set and stepped from her coffin to get ready for the night. Tara woke shortly after, giving her an impish grin as she headed for the showers with her. After having fun for what seemed like hours, checking the time to see it actually had been two hours. Smirking as they dressed, Tara heading up to the bar as she grabbed her phone and checked her messages. Slowly raising a brow at the new text message. Johnathon Quinn was the contact info. CEO of EeE. Now what on earth could he possibly want? Oh right...his little baby vamp had ran away from home. Shaking her head as she ascended the stairs that led into the bar. Looking around to see the DJ setting up and Violet stocking the bar she turned and went back to her office to await her visitor.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

A Tiger on a Mission Empty Re: A Tiger on a Mission

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Quinn rolled out of bed, looking at the sun hanging low in the sky, and sighed.
    Hopefully luck would be better today. He was worried about Jessica...so much that he had no appetite...but needed his strength.

He ordered something random from room service and stepped in the shower. As the hot water streamed over him, his thoughts went to Jessica...how she felt against him...how her lips and skin tasted...that delicious scent...

The knock and call out of the attendant from room service brought him out of his thoughts, realizing that the now ice cold shower had taken longer than planned...

He wrapped a towel around himself, and went to let the attendant in. He thanked the blushing young lady and tipped her before sending her on her way. He picked over the meal, as he got dressed...

http://images1.fanpop.com/images/photos/....707-402-502.jpg

He called down to the car service in the hotel, asking them to bring a rental around front for him and hung up the phone. Finishing the last of the food, he headed to the elevator.

As he climbed in the running car in front of the hotel, he shook his head at the song playing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=53EMv7yvLj8

I take a look into my past
    Full of wrongs, full of rights
    The story of my life

Quinn floored the gas, driving toward the club district, only one destination on his mind as the song poured out of the speakers...

You are one I'd give my life for
    You are the one who is haunting my dreams

As he turned down the side road leading to the club, he started letting his mind run over what he would say to Pam. Had Compton called her, looking for Jessica? Did she know about Quinn? So many questions and so few answers...

I see all lights are low
    Show me I have to go

As the song came to a close, he pulled into the parking lot for Fangtasia. He could not help but shake his head at the line already forming outside...he would definitely have to come back after this crisis was over and talk business with Pam. He had many ideas...but that would have to wait. There was something more important to discuss right now.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:21 pm

Pam received word that John Quinn had just arrived. Daniel was to watch for him and send him in, which he did as asked. Sitting in her chair behind her desk she filed her nails a bit, waiting for the knock on her door. It had been a while since they did business, his last appearance was showy, but effective. What a womanizer he was known as, and now he had his sights on Bill's progeny. That was very interesting to Pam since their history was somewhat....deep. Smirking as she examined her well manicured nails, finally hearing the knock.

"Come in." She said in her normal unenthusiastic tone.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Quinn opened the door, and looked around, taking in everything. Pam apparently did not like change....everything was frozen in time, from what he could tell...

He saw her sitting behind her desk, filing her nails with detachment...

He cleared his throat and stepped inside...deciding to fish for details before opening things...

"Has Compton contacted you about his progeny? They had an argument. I was assisting in augmenting his home security staff at the time. He and I spoke at length and have an understanding....he asked me to try to help find his wayward progeny."

Quinn watched her very carefully for any sign of acceptance or skepticism....
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 pm

She looked up taking in the sight of him wearing the perfectly fitting suit as she cocked a brow listening to him. Smirking as she placed the file down and turned in her chair. "Well aren't you a sight for sore eyes. Please, have a seat." Sitting up in her chair with her back straight as she watched him seat himself. She decided to go along with his little "security story." "Jessica Hamby hmm? Well isn't that just...awful. I'm sure Bill is in distress that his little progeny has run off." She shrugged. "I wish I could help you, but I can't. Sorry haven't seen her." She said in a blank tone, in her very own I could care less attitude. Clearly he was more than security to Jessica the way his body tensed.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

As he moved farther in the room, he picked up a faint scent from Jessica. Too faint to be tonight...but she had been there. Pam wanted to play, fine...

He flinched as she mentioned Jessica's name...immediately realizing that was too much of a reaction to go unnoticed.

"He is exploring options near home in case she returns there...while I am looking further abroad. The shifter at Merlotte's suggested checking here. Apparently she speaks very highly of you and your club to them..."

He looked at her carefully, trying to read her....

"I am just looking for possible leads..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:22 pm

The flinch he made was noticeable as Pam sat there with her face same as it always was--blank. Forcing a sweet smile, fading as she said, "Oh, how sweet of the girl." He watched her careful as she sighed, "Like I said, haven't seen her." She stood and moved to the small bar in her office, looking over her shoulder at him. "Care for a drink?" She asked as she poured a glass of the royal blend that had been recently warmed earlier.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Quinn seriously considered taking her up on the drink, but he knew, especially around Pam, he needed his head clear...

"Thanks, but no. I have too much on my mind for it..."

He focused on his reason for being here...

"Do you know if any of your staff were friendly with her? Maybe they will know a place or two she might have gone..."

He watched as she sauntered back toward her desk, thinking that it was odd that she was not admitting Jess had been here....there had to be a reason...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Making her way back to her desk as she sipped the blood, seating herself and crossing her leg over the other at the knee before looking back up at him. She placed the glass of blood down and licked her lips, narrowing her eyes as she thought about it. "Well now let's see....Jessica and my staff? She hasn't been here in so long I can't think of anyone she would be friends with." Remaining calm and still blank faced as she waited for more interrogation. Before he spoke again she asked blandly, "So what is this really about John? A missing teen vampire or Bill Compton?" She smirked as she asked, seeing if she got a rise from him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Quinn let a small smile cross his lips. She was in the mood to play games. That was fine. At least he had the chance to get answers...

"Bill and I have permanently buried the hatchet, so to speak...though we both hope to bury one in Victor's heart if given the chance. We are even on casual speaking terms. I was invited to his estate when he got back for a long chat. We have put the past behind us. As we were wrapping things up, he mentioned that she had run off and asked me to locate her. He really does care a lot about her..."

He decided to take a gamble...

"...and the girl and I have become friends. I met her through her work at the shifter's bar. We chat and such, and a friendship slowly developed. Compton is aware of it and accepts it. The activities of my past are behind me. I moved back to Bon Temps to make a fresh start of things...and that includes making changes myself..."

He took a breath and continued..

"So you see, I have dual reasons to find her. Firstly, she is my friend and missing with a sociopath vampire on the loose. She was naive enough to announce to Victor that she was ~chuckles~ the 'Princess of Louisiana', whatever that means... Secondly, Compton asked me to help as a personal favor. In my eyes it is a win-win situation..."
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm

She listened somewhat amused as he explained his ties to Jessica and Bill. Nodding after he'd finished, her face never changed. "I do wish you well on your search. Unfortunately there isn't much I can tell you about her or where to look...." She shook her head and let out an amused forced laugh, "Sorry, that's just ridiculous..Princess of Louisiana.....to Victor." Seeing his face never change, she shook her head and composed herself, her smile fading.

The way he said he word friends was almost too casual but it was his life. If he wanted the Princess of Louisiana so be it, although it did amuse Pam to think about. Jessica had acted strange when she was here, but she did make a deal and she rather have Jessica owe her than be nice and tell him that she'd been here. The girl ran for a reason, the fact that Victor was lose didn't change anything.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:23 pm

Quinn could see that she was not going to give him anything to work with...

"Well...I do thank you for your time..."

He stood, and paused for a moment...

"I'd appreciate if you would let me know if you see her."

He set a card on the edge of her desk...

"Once things calm down, I'd like to meet up and talk business. You have quite a little venture here..."

He smiled, as they entered his realm of control...

"After all, the EEE still has the largest stockpile of TruBlood in the country...and I have full control over the dispensation of those stockpiles..."

He stepped away from the chair, trying to focus on separating Jessica's scent from the others in the room, but it was too faint...He flashed Pam his "business smile" as he adjusted his jacket and prepared to leave.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Pam grinned slightly and stood as he did, looking at the card on her desk and picking it up. Glancing at it before sliding it into her corset bra, placing a hand on her hip. "I will call you the moment I lay eyes on the Princess."

Cocking a brow as he mentioned business. "Business we can talk. I am in search of another supplier to add as a back up. Right now we go through a friend of yours Kiara Griffen. But it doesn't hurt to be prepared." She walked around her desk and ahead of him, swaying her hips as she always did and opened the door for him. "I'll show you out, Mr. Quinn."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

He chuckled as she swayed on her way to the door. Always with the games...

"I appreciate that, Pam...and please, call me John..."

He followed her out to the main club, running through other places to check in town.

He turned toward her before leaving...

"I may stop by again before leaving town, just to check in case she comes by..."

He flashed her another smile, and dropped a few bills in the bartender's tip jar.

"I'll give you a call when I can to set things up for a business meeting....wish me luck?"

He had hoped for more..but he knew she had been here..at least that was something...
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:24 pm

Pam nodded as she walked him out to the door. "Good luck on your search." She said as he slipped tips into the tip jar and proceeded to walk out the door. That was one good looking man, she couldn't deny that as she shook her head. Tara came up next to her seeing what she was looking at. "Dayum. Who's that?" Pam smirked. "That....is Johnathon Quinn. Come, I'll tell you all about him later." She said as she turned and headed back to the ba
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:25 pm

Quinn got back to the car and climbed in. As he started up the car, the radio came to life...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR2ADFKkO-I
    Meet me after dark again and I'll hold you
    I am nothing more then to savour of that
    And maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away
    We'll be lost before the dawn

He keyed up the web and searched for vampire friendly locations in Shreveport. Pam might think he missed it, but he knew....she had been here...there was a chance she's come back. He just had to hope for luck or fate to guide him...

If only night could hold you, where i can see you, my love
    Then let me never ever wake again
    And maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away

The screen beeped and displayed a small selection of locations. He hit the routing button for the first of them and headed down the drive to continue his search.

Somehow I know that we can't wake again from this dream
    It's not real, but it's ours
    Maybe tonight, we'll fly so far away

Jessica...I'll find you...I have to....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:32 am