For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Investigations and Interviews

Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Investigations and Interviews Empty Investigations and Interviews

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:22 pm

I woke from my death sleep and headed to my bathroom for a shower. The sun had set 20 minutes ago, and usually I was happy for Mondays. The club would be closed and I had time to moi. But today, I had work to do. Start to interview more dancers, bartenders and security personnel. Eric had said he would be in New Orleans for a monthly meeting with the other Sheriffs around Louisiana. I wondered if the King would be there. After the massacre of Marnie killing 3 Louisiana sheriffs there was now a shortage. Stupid witch.

I turned the water on hot and let my robe slide off my naked body. I stepped in and let the water run over me. I sighed. I still occasionally thought of Cole. Wondering if and when I'd ever talk to him again. He would make a wonderful Sheriff. Or even a Magistrate. Maybe if I pulled some strings and got him a position he would talk to me? I ran my hands over my face and let out a growl. After my shower, I stepped out and quickly blow dried my hair and fixed it perfectly. I brushed my teeth and applied my makeup with flawless touch. Walking back into my bedroom I walked to the closet and picked out an outfit. I pulled out my black business style Jimmy Choos and laid it all out on my bed. Grabbing my bra and thong set I slid into my thong and put on my bra. Finishing it off with my suit, I stepped into my heels and did a final look in my full length mirror. Perfect.

Arriving at the club I noticed the parking lot so bare. Not used to seeing things like this. Daniel was there unloading a truck full of supplies as he waved when I walked in. I acknowledged him and headed for my office. A smile crossed my lips when I saw what was on my desk. Three black video tapes. I popped the first in and started watching it. It was surveillance video from when that mysterious vampire Yvetta is seeing first came in. I was determined to figure out who the hell he was and who he was working for. This would be a long night. I watched the video and waited for my first appointment of the night.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Investigations and Interviews Empty Re: Investigations and Interviews

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:01 pm

I heard a knock on my door "Come in" I said as the door opened and Daniel walked in with a clip board. I paused the video and swiveled my chair to face him. <Miss Pam, would you please sign off on the order?> He handed me the clip board and I looked over everything. "Everything here? Nothing broken this time?" He shook his head and smiled. <Nope, all in tact and we even have some extras from the company as an apology for last time.> I smirked back. "Guess they learned their lesson." I grabbed my ink pen and signed off on the order and handed it back to him. His shirt was soaked with perspiration and his face had beads of sweat coming down. I waved my hand to dismiss him and to take his manly odor with him. He was a great worker, but I didn't like sweaty men. Unless I was the one making them sweat. I turned back to the video monitor and pressed play then fast forward. I was beginning to think he wasn't on this video when there he was walking into the bar. I rewound it a bit and noticed that he glamoured Daniel into getting in. He walked slowly in with a smirk on his face and headed down the hall to my office. My brows furrowed. What the hell was he doing? Ten minutes later he walked more briskly out to the main bar and ordered a drink. He watched as Eric and I spoke, and I knew he must have heard. I stood as I watched him leave a tip and then leave the bar. The date was a week before I actually spotted him getting a dance from Yvetta. Who the HELL was this man?!
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:59 pm

After the first interview I was ready to stake myself. Who applies for a job with NO experience, NO resume, NO previous job, NO high school diploma and looks like THAT at an interview. Humans I swear. The whole process is torturous and I could not wait until I was done with this interview shit. There had to be SOMEONE out there who was qualified for the job.

A knock at the door and I rubbed my temples. Exhaling a breath I laid my head on my desk and said "come in". I knew I had to look up but I was almost afraid. I smelled the sexiest perfume and heard heels. Please be someone decent..please. I looked up to see a very sexy woman and my mouth nearly went dry. I could hear her heart beat and I wanted so badly to sink my fangs in her delicate skin. Wearing jeans, a black jacket and heels, she had a great fashion sense. Legs that never end, hair that flowed and a smile to melt hearts. I cleared my throat and motioned for her to sit. "Are you my 8 o'clock?" She nodded and said "Yes, I am." I looked the woman over and blinked back to reality. "dddo you have a resume?" She handed me a piece of paper and I was liking her references and she seemed highly qualified. She worked for hustler in New Orleans at one point and was employee of the month 3 times. She was a dancer and barmaid qualified. I looked back up at her. "So what are you applying for exactly?" <Well, to tell you the truth I'm not all that picky, I just wanna work....and make money.> I proceeded to interview her and in the end she landed the job. One down four to go. I told her she could start on Wednesday night. We both stood and shook hands. <Thank you for this opportunity.> "You are very welcome, Lexy. Glad to have you on board. Be here at sun set on Wednesday so you can get your uniform." She smiled and nodded and turned for the door. I watched her hips sway to an unheard beat and licked my lips. After the door closed I plopped down in my seat and shook my head.
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort
    Pam Swynford De Beaufort

Post by Pam Swynford De Beaufort Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:41 pm

I reluctantly went back to watching the video. Pausing it at the perfect moment I was able to print a photo of him. Eric may recognize him. I looked at the printed photo and studied it. I knew he wasn't who he said he was. I had a bad feeling about him.

I shut the television off and headed for the door. The club was so quiet. I went behind the bar and heated myself a royal blood, looking over the photo as I waited for it to ding. I laid the photo on the bar and looked around at the empty room. I drummed my nails on the bar and the microwave dinged. Taking the warm glass out I slipped a straw into the liquid and took a sip. Something....was off.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:08 am