For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Rebounds

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Rebounds Empty Rebounds

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:46 pm

I heard Bill rummaging in his office as I was heading down the stairs to leave for work. I told Sam I'd help him out all this week since things were picking up. "Bill? You leaving?" I asked as I peeked my head into doorway. He looked up and smiled. "Come in, sweetheart." I entered and folded my arms across my chest waiting to hear the worst. He looked as if he were leaving for good with all the files and paperwork he was packing. "Where you going?" He stopped packing and looked back up at me. "I'm going to a summit. I've been invited there to speak on the matters of the Vampire Authority." I arched a brow. "A summit? What's that?" He sat at the edge of his desk and began to explain it. "A summit is a gathering of many important vampires and kings and queens. Sometimes there are ceremonies, sometimes they can be quite boring. I expect nothing like what happened in Vegas, as I will be on my highest guard. But I rather you stay here, just in case. Can you do that, sweetheart?" He actually asked me to stay instead of commanding me using his "as my maker" bull. I understood why he wanted me to stay, in case of what happened last time happens again. I killed two people by draining them dry because my emotions controlled me. I nodded. "Yeah Bill. I can stay here. Just...please call me if you get into any kind of trouble. Let me help you. Don't try to be a hero." I asked him softly. He nodded and agreed. I gave my father a hug and smiled. "Be careful okay?" I looked at the time and realized I was almost late for work. "I have to get to work before I'm late." With that he continued to pack as I sped out the house, ignoring my car tonight and just opting to run. I was faster running anyhow. Once I'd made it to the employee entrance, I made sure my hair wasn't crazy and headed in for my shift. My hair was halfway up, with braids and curls as I let them bounce as I walked. Tonight would be great, it just had to be.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Rebounds Empty Re: Rebounds

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:47 pm

Quinn looked up at the neon sign over the diner, seeing that familiar logo and the memory forced a small smile. He walked quietly toward Merlotte's with purpose and stepped through the door, looking around. Seeing what he had hoped for, he looked at the young waitress walking up to him and spoke in a low, dark voice.

"I will be seated in Ms. Hamby's section."

The waitress flushed and nodded, grabbing a menu and heading for Jessica's section. She motioned John into the booth and laid the menu down, scurrying off as soon as she had the chance.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

After getting my things from Sam's office and walking down the hall as I tied my apron on, I caught a familiar smell to my nose. Closing my eyes to focus on each voice over the chatter, it always helped to know if Jason was in the bar before I saw him. All clear. Then a familiar voice as I smiled and peeked around the corner seeing John Quinn sitting in my section. I pulled back and leaned against the wall remembering the encounter I had with him once before. He gave me a massage...a really really good massage. Then...well I remember biting him. Oh his blood. My mouth watered at the thought. But I got so drunk and don't remember drinking. Then...oh god....the shower. Did we? I never asked I was too petrified. I didn't want him to think he was just a rebound, if that's what he was? I knew I still loved Jason, but I just wanted to feel loved. By someone, anyone. That was lame, and I knew it. I took a deep unneeded breath and strolled into the bar like nothing was wrong, heading straight to his table with a smile.

"Hey, stranger. What can I getcha tonight?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

As Quinn looked over the menu, he head a voice he would know anywhere. He took his time lifting his gaze, taking in every detail until he was looking into Jessica's eyes. Her smile was infectious and he could not help but to give her a slight smile in return.

"Hello, Jessica...it is good to see you again..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm

I smiled and nodded. "Great to see you again." My cheeks would be on fire if I were human, that I was thankful for being dead at this moment. I cleared my throat and tried to ignore how sexy he looked. His pecks just bulging as the snug black shirt he wore looked as if it would bust open any minute. Dear God in heaven! FOCUS! "Wha-What *clears throat again* Can I get you? Sorry, forgot to drink a bottle of blood before leaving the house. I am so sorry." The way his biceps were so defined, the small bead of sweat on his forehead from the lights that hung above the table. The vein that danced in his neck beckoning me to drink from it. I looked down at the order pad and focused on keeping my fang boners hidden.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm

Quinn followed her eyes and chuckled softly, noting the change in her scent and her body language.

"Well in that case, rum & coke for me and a Trueblood for you. It is not too busy, so Sam shouldn't mind you joining me for a few minutes...considering it will be safer for the customers after you have something to eat... "

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:51 pm

I smiled and nodded as I wrote his order down, turning to get his drink order before turning and looking over my shoulder, "Sam isn't in tonight, so he shouldn't mind at all." Winking at him before I went to the bar to get the drink order from the new bartender Sam had hired a few weeks ago for when he had to leave and run errands or run in the woods which ever came first. My boss the Collie. But he was such a sweet man and cared for his employees, alive and dead. I respected him for that. Even though he didn't care for vampires, he gave me a job, then gave it back to me. The bartender fixed the rum and coke and warmed the blood up for myself. I had just gotten in and was taking a break, luckily Holly and I were okay. Besides we weren't super busy and everyone was mainly focused on the flat screen TV Sam had put in for games to bring in business and bring in business it did. Men who wanted to watch the game in peace from their wives who rather watch 'Dancing with the stars'. As I passed Holly I whispered I'd be talking to a friend in my section if she needed me. "Okay hun. Oh that guy? He's a hottie. Have fun." I smiled and shook my head as I carried the tray with our drinks on it, placing the rum and coke in front of him on a coaster before taking a seat and sipping the blood. Wasn't anything like the real stuff, but nutritionally satisfying.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 pm

Quinn loved watching her move around in the bar. Her fluid motions only marred by her attempt to remain at human speeds. The way that outfit hugged her shape as she swayed, waiting for the TB to warm...

Quinn was so lost in his musings that he did not realize she had moved until the set the glass in front of him. He glanced up, giving her a flirtatious wink and motioned for her to join him in at the table. She had a decided effect on his mood, for the better...

"How have you been, Jessica?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:52 pm

I smiled and sipped my blood once more before answering, "I've been...well....*sigh* I've been the same I guess. Bill is getting better, he seems like he's back to his old self. We went to Vegas two weeks ago and um...well I...I'd rather not get into that. So how about you? How've you been? You and Kiara doing good?" I sipped my blood again sensing him tense up at something I said.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm

Quinn's eyes went a bit dark at the mention of Bill & Kiara but he looked into her eyes and visibly relaxed.

"Yes, I heard mention of a trip to Vegas. Heard some vague details, but nothing specific. I am well enough. Things have not been easy as of late and I have had to make some hard choices because of it..."

Quinn quietly reached across, setting one gentle hand over hers, watching for reaction...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

I looked down at his hand and then back up at him meeting his eyes. I swallowed thickly and blinked a few times, trying to grasp what this all meant. "I...Quinn...you and Kiara? She's my friend, I can't hurt her like that. I'm not that kind of girl, and I...*looks down and slowly pulls her hand from under his* I..still love Jason, even though he hates me." I looked slowly back up to meet his eyes, "I don't want you or I to be a rebound. I couldn't do that to you."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:00 pm

Quinn looked sadly into Jessica's eyes...

"Kiara is no longer an issue. She has made her choice. There is no longer a tie between us."

He watched her pull her hand away, but did not pull his back...

"I know you still care for Jason, and I have no issue with that. I just needed a friendly voice to talk to. It is not easy facing things alone...especially now...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 pm

He looked so vulnerable, so hurt and lost. I was in his shoes in this exact moment and knew exactly how he felt. Looking down and thinking as my eyes looked up to see his hand still there. Slowly, my hand found the top of his as my eyes met his again. I gave him a small weak smile to reassure him. "Everything will be okay. I'm so sorry to hear about Kiara. I'll be here anytime to listen. I have to close tonight, how about we meet after work tomorrow night? I get off at eleven tomorrow night. We can talk all you want and I can just listen." My cold hand on top of his hot one, as I looked softly into his eyes.

Rebounds Img-thing?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Quinn looked down, feeling her cool skin against his own. He shifted his hand and took hers gently, brought it closer, and kissed her hand softly, then lowered their hands back to the table and looked into her eyes again.

"It has been a while since I have felt the sweet coolness of a vampire's skin...I did not realize how much I missed the sensation..."

Quinn slowly caressed the side of her hand with his thumb, a soft smile crawling to his face, lightening his mood a bit.

"I am in no hurry to leave, and I know you need to get back to work. Meeting after your shift tomorrow would be nice. I'll probably stick around most of the night tonight, but I know you have things to do. I have no reason to go home to an empty house, and at least there is a friendly smile here... Vincent and the others will not be back until next week."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm

He kissed my hand and I about died. He was such a gentleman, and so sweet. I was curious at what had transpired between he and Kiara, but knew it was none of my business. I returned his warm smile and nodded. "It's a first of hearing sweet coolness. Most people are repulsed by it." He caressed my hand and I felt so relaxed around him. He explained about sticking around as my smile grew bigger. "Yeah, I do need to get back to work, but you are welcome to stay as long as you want. Can I get you something to eat? You must be hungry." I asked him without moving my hand from his, it was content where it was as I smiled on the inside. For this one moment, I'd enjoy his friendly touch.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:06 pm

Quinn heard her question and flashed her an impish grin, then glanced down at the menu...

"I am sure I can think of something I'd enjoy."

He looked into her eyes suggestively.

"I'll let you pick me out something...since certain things are off menu right now..."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm

I almost choked on the sip of blood I'd taken when he said what he said and I felt like I'd die right there. "I...*clears throat* I...will have to...suggest a steak. Those are always great. Um, yeah. And Lafayette seasons them real good." I was stuttering and couldn't seem to look him in the eyes with the things he was implying as so many images flashed in my head. My fangs dropped as I stood and held up a finger. "I...I'll go put that order in." Not bothering to use human speed, I flashed out of there and headed to the kitchen. Lafayette turned around stunned and held a knife as I held my hands out. "It's JUST ME! Put the knife down. Oh god!!" I sat down on the floor and brought my knees to my chest, placing my elbows on my knees. "Girl what is you doing?" Lafayette asked. "Just...make me a steak. Please. Surprise me on how its cooked, I don't think it'll matter." He cocked a brow, "You is gonna eat food food? Well hell I guess I've seen stranger things." He said before turning to the stove. My fangs went back in place as I sighed, so embarrassed at what happened. How could I face him again.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:09 pm

Quinn cannot help but chuckle as the pretty readhead blazed out of the room startling half the guests. He listens quietly to what she is saying to Lafayette, and smirks. There might be hope for the little minx. She should be fun to play with...

He lifted his glass an emptied it, setting it to the edge of the table, so it can be refilled when she returns. He leans back in his chair, thinking about her smile...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:10 pm

I sat there as Lafayette grilled the steak watching the second hand on the clock. It was memorizing. Obviously there was a sexual attraction to Quinn, but why couldn't I stop thinking of Jason. I loved him yes, did he love me? No. "Orda up, hookah! Unless you gonna sit on my kitchen flo all night." Lafayette chimed. I sighed and stood, taking the plate from him and shaking my head, rolling my eyes. I took a deep breath and calmed myself. Making my way to the table I set his plate down gently with a rolled up napkin and utensils. Took his empty glass and my bottle and refilled it at the bar, downed the blood and tossed the bottle, grabbed his refilled glass and set it down. "Care for any sauce?"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Quinn smiled and looked up, locking her eyes with his own.

"This will be fine, Jessica. Thanks for the refill, by the way."

He quietly pulled a twenty out of his pocket and slipped it into her apron pocket, and "accidentally" brushed her hand as he did. He smiled softly, sighing.

"You better get back to work..more people are starting to come in. I'll be here if you want to chat, or something....."

I smiled and shook my head as I turned to refill the tea at table 4. Slowly customers were making their way to the door to leave. Time seemed to fly, occasionally I'd check over at the table he was at and sure enough he was there. When a lady bumped into me as she was leaving I dropped the pitcher of tea but was able to use my fast reflexes and catch it before it hit the ground. I wasn't trying to act human, not tonight. Everyone knew I was a vampire and they could just deal with it. I was tired of hiding who I was. My last customer left right at closing as I finished end shift prep. Holly had left and Lafayette had long since shut off the grill. He came up to me and whispered in my ear, "Who is that fool that been staring daggas at yo ass all night. Want me to stay?" I chuckled and shook my head. "He's a friend, and no I'm okay. Vampire remember." Lafayette grinned, "Well he sho is fine. Get summa that hookah. You done? I has gots me a blunt calling my name at home." I nodded and rushed to save my apron in Sam's office, closing the door behind me. Once I was back in the bar I looked at Quinn, "Well, I'm finally off." Lafayette signaled that we needed to exit the bar so we did. Once outside he hurried to his red car that Eric had once given him, as I looked at Quinn and leaned against the building. "My car is at Bill's I walked...well ran here."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:10 pm

Quinn looked at Jessica in the half-light of the moon and smiled. He could still feel the warmth of the alcohol in his system. He stepped close to her..very close...and spoke just above a whisper, knowing that she, with her vampire hearing, would hear him perfectly...

"I have wondered on more than one occasion where things might have gone that night...."

Quinn leaned in, pressing his lips to Jessica's in a slow, gentle kiss...then pulled back slowly.

"Have you ever wondered?"

He looked into her eyes, leaving that question hanging in the air...

As I leaned against the building only the lights that lit up the parking lot illuminating the area. He stepped closer...really close. I could smell the rum on his breath as he spoke, inching closer and closer to me. My eyes looking into his as I froze on the spot. His hand pressed against the brick building holding his body up as his lips touched mine. It was slow, it was gentle, it was....it just was. My eyes closed as I allowed him to kissed me, feeling him pull away slowly as I kept my eyes closed even as he spoke. My eyes opened as he looked deep into mine, my fingers reached up to touch my lips as I nodded. The taste of his rum lingering on my lips. I forgot how to speak for a moment, part of me shocked and part of me (my vampire animalistic side) wanted to have my way with him right there against Merlotte's.

"I...have. Quinn...*looks down and gathers thoughts* I've wondered a lot of things since....since that night. *looks back up* I never felt myself questioning so many things before, everything always seeming so fucked up, or timing is wrong. I know I'll make mistakes along the way, but that's the whole point of life isn't it?"

I knew I was rambling, and so I just stopped talking and said one last thing, "What I mean is...." Before I knew it, in the blink of an eye I had his back against the wall, my hands on his chest as I clenched his tight black shirt in my hands and kissed him back, crushing my lips to his. Not bothering to stop when my fangs descended.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

Quinn relaxed as she gripped him, knowing what was coming. He braced at the last second as his back hit the brick of the building, her lips crushing against his own, drawing deep breaths of her scent as she pressed her hands to his chest. Hearing the words he had hoped for, but also her concern. As Quinn heard her fangs snap out, he smiled inwardly and thought back to his past.

He looked directly into her eyes, tracing her fangs with the edge of his tongue, careful not to cut himself, as he had practiced with former lovers. He remembered how sensitive the fangs of a vampire would be and hoped this would have the effect he expected.

He again breathed in her scent deeply, letting slip of a small growl next to her ear. With all the focus he could draw up, he moved his hands to hers, running fingertips across the cool skin on the back of her hands...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:11 pm

The kiss broke as he looked in my eyes and traced the edge of my fang with his tongue. This...had never happened and wow was it effective. I felt excitement growing in places I didn't think I could. My fangs....they were sensitive. Of course I wouldn't know that since Jason nor Hoyt ever did this. My nails raking against his neck as he came closer to my ear letting out a small growl. My fangs so close to his neck, the pulsing blood hard to ignore. His warm fingertips brushing the cool skin on the back of my hand as the other gripped his neck tighter. My mouth pooling with saliva as I wanted to bite him. Breathing came heavy, if my heart beat it would be speeding. I was without a doubt in love with Jason Stackhouse, but I had no idea what this was. This was...this was another level of some sort of twisted ecstasy I'd never experienced. "Quinn...." Was all I could whisper before clutching his shirt with both my hands and pulling him back to my lips as my back found the wall again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:11 am