For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Loving them was Red

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Loving them was Red Empty Loving them was Red

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:46 am

I laid on the bed, my hair hanging off the side as I sang to my favorite songs. I was alone, again in the house and I had looked at Jason's number for hours, too afraid to try and call again. I'd cried enough blood tears to last me an eternity and I wasn't having it. Boredom got the best of me as I opened my drawer and took out a box, sitting on the floor with my legs under me. Opening the lid and setting it aside I began to shift through the photos.

Hoyt and I..smiling, laughing, kissing. A whole year of pictures I'd kept hidden. One of Jason and I. Another of me with my arms on Jason and Hoyt's shoulders smiling. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as the next song came on my ipod.

I listened to the words and realized it reminded me of both Hoyt and Jason.

Loving him is like driving a new Maserati down a dead end street
    Faster than the wind
    Passionate as sin, ended so suddenly
    Loving him is like trying to change your mind
    Once you’re already flying through the free fall
    Like the colors in autumn
    So bright just before they lose it all

Losing him was blue like I’d never known
    Missing him was dark grey all alone
    Forgetting him was like trying to know somebody you've never met
    But loving him was red
    Loving him was red

Touching him is like realizing all you ever wanted was right there in front of you
    Memorizing him was as easy as knowing all the words to your old favorite song
    Fighting with him was like trying to solve a crossword and realizing there’s no right answer
    Regretting him was like wishing you never found out love could be that strong

As I shifted through the pictures, smiling at the memories that I had as each photo reminded me of the moments we once shared. Hoyt now somewhere in Alaska restarting his life with no memory of Jason or myself. I loved him, I always would. But something broke and it wasn't fixable.

With Jason, I...I was in love with him. I'd die for him. Everything was there. Memories of him and I flashed through my head like a picture show as I laid back on the white carpet, holding his shirt to my chest inhaling his scent. As the red tears rolled off my cheeks and onto the carpet I closed my eyes and remembered.

Loving them was Red Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcScaamowr233-N9t1wwoxjudm2TXyHH_LYCFPFxiXes6VwEByEJ
    Loving them was Red Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSS6iOR1K44oP89oGAGitRHavroFDpVgwk1sbBbMxVQ4iYgurHm
    Loving them was Red Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSqi37ImSRdPo0bkVNsFb1AmEcdoDBry03H9-neqpXl3j3ZlZ-wng
    Loving them was Red Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTGj0jKKNYz1jMCJ1h5BKDSdt9fmPMkY2gX3Ujb7RLRFJ2tRii_
    Loving them was Red Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJyqg-1uNH_DTyYjTRYK1EUeNW5x9YJF5_C3-Oqq-uC_yfWZ4pUX4d9cU

Tomorrow....tomorrow maybe I'd have the strength to call him. If only he'd just talk to me. He had it in his mind that vampires were evil and had to be killed. What had gotten into him? Oh right, vampires constantly trying to kill him. Sighing, I stood and headed for the bathroom letting the photo fall to the floor. I used to always cry in the shower because you can't see tears in the shower, or in the rain. But now...you can seeing as how I cry blood.

Tomorrow....maybe.