For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Enter The Tiger

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Enter The Tiger - Page 2 Empty Re: Enter The Tiger

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:01 pm

As I laid on my side, looking into his eyes as he spoke of his regrets. Me..not telling me sooner. I swallowed nervously as I looked down at the tattoo on his chest. His arm around my waist as I felt whole and connected, even if it were for just this moment. I had been broken tonight into a million pieces at the stabs of Jason's words. Words so cold, so hurtful. His question made me think hard as well. My thoughts went to the night I walked into Merlotte's and met Hoyt Fortenberry; I never regretted meeting him. Then of course they went to Jason Stackhouse. The night I helped him and saved his life...giving him my blood to survive. Things just went downhill from there, but I didn't regret saving him, I couldn't.

"I regret....I used to regret sneaking out the house on November 9th 2008." As much as I loved and accepted what I was, if I could go back, I would. I would have never snuck out for the party, never got taken by those vampires and never turned against my will by Bill Compton. One would think that was my regret, but not fully. "I regretted it for a while. Never growing old seems nice, but as Hoyt's mama so boldly pointed out, I'll never bare children. Ever." Looking back up into his eyes. "I used to regret it. But I know that if things were like before, I'd have never been led to you. You came into my life for a reason John Quinn, and I have to find out why. Good or bad. So my biggest regret? My biggest regret would be meeting the true death without having loved fully and been loved."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:03 pm

"Well then, my sweet Jessica...you have nothing to worry about because you are already loved. You have only to let it in to begin healing. For that, I will wait as long as needed. If you do not mind, I will stay here with you today. Vincent can handle the day's affairs. He knows what needs to be done, and I will feel better knowing you are safe in my arms."

He moved closer and kissed her deeply, looking directly into her eyes, letting her see how he felt about her...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:04 pm

I smiled as he wrapped his arms around me tighter, pulling me into him as he told me he'd stay while I slept. His lips touched mine again, kissing me with his eyes opened as they looked into mine. Pulling back slowly as I looked up at him and smiled. "So will I..." Nuzzling my head into his neck as I closed my eyes, feeling the pull to sleep getting closer. Sunrise was right around the corner. I found myself rubbing his arm back and fourth, feeling the tattoo on his skin along with the scars. His massive arms around my body made me feel safe, I knew I was safe. Eyes became heavy as my hand began to slow. Falling under as I went into my day sleep, his scent in my nose as I began to dream peacefully for the first time in a while.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 3:26 pm