For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

4 posters

Welcome Home, Jessica

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Welcome Home, Jessica - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome Home, Jessica

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:13 pm

Quinn laughed and pulled out his phone, driving with one hand...he dialed a number on the phone and held it to his ear...

"yea...I need the owner please....."

Quinn was quiet for a moment...

"Yes...I spoke to you the other day about Ms. Hamby. I am running a bit late in getting her in for her shift, and would consider it a personal favor if you would not take it out on her..."

He listened to the other end of the line, nodding...

"Thank you Sam...I owe you one..."

He dropped the phone to the center console...and flashed Jessica a smile.

"No worries, Jessica...."

Looking her over, he smiled...

"We'll have to get you a shirt, but the jeans should work out..."

He turned his attention back to the road, pulling off the exit toward Bon Temps...

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:15 pm

Sam was mixing a margarita for Jane Bodehouse when Holly brought the phone over to him. "Someone asking for the owner." He took the phone and placed it between his shoulder and face. "This is Sam."

"Yes...I spoke to you the other day about Ms. Hamby. I am running a bit late in getting her in for her shift, and would consider it a personal favor if you would not take it out on her..."

He recognized the voice as John Quinn. -Ah, yeah you did. I remember. Being a little late is fine, I understand and won't do anything to hold it against her.- He thanked Sam and hung up the phone. Jessica must have been found, which made him happy. He liked Jessica she was a sweet girl.
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

I watched as he pulled out his cell and called. I could hear Sam on the other line and smiled. Why would I ever doubt Quinn. If he could he would probably make the sun rise without harming me. I shook my head in disbelief. "You....are incredible. You know that?"

Watching as he took the exit to Bon Temps knowing we wouldn't be far from Merlotte's. It was a Thursday night, I wondered if we'd be extremely busy. I said a silent prayer that Jason would not be there and that we'd heard the last of Victor Madden. He gave me the creeps.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:19 pm

As Quinn pulled into the parking lot in front of Merlotte's, he was happy to see that the rebuild on the front wall was almost done. He smiled at Jessica, and walked around, opening her door and offering his hand.

"I'll grab you a shirt...go get your apron, and I'll meet you near the back..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm

He looked up to see Jessica come in and smile as she headed to the back for her apron as John began to approach the bar. -John.- He said as he gave one nod of his head. -Thank you for bringing her in. Can I get you anything?- He asked as he wiped the bar down with a rag.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:20 pm

John nodded to Sam as they entered...

"Well...she'll need a shirt...put it on my tab...and I'll be staying for dinner, I think..."

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 pm

He nodded and grabbed one of the Merlotte's shirts from the souvenir cabinet. Picking out the size Jessica always wore and handing it to him. -Don't worry about it, she works here. Comes with the territory. Have a seat and I'll send Holly over....unless you'd rather a different waitress.- He said with a grin.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 pm

"Thanks, Sam..I'll grab a seat in a minute...hope you do not mind if we step in your office for a second..."

He headed toward the back hall, motioning Jessica into Sam's office...and shutting the door behind them before looking around...

He had to laugh when he saw the condition of Sam's desk...

Quinn laughed, "Holy....damn...someone had fun"

He handed the t shirt to Jessica, stepping in to kiss her deeply before turning away to she could change...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:21 pm

I stepped out of the vehicle and smiled. "Okay, see in you a few." I turned to enter the bar, smiling at Sam as I went to his office for my apron. Maybe tonight could and would be good. I headed out to the bar when Quinn said he had my shirt and motioned to Sam's office. He laughed as I followed his eyes and smiled, never having noticed it before. Sam's desk was in ruins. I playfully hit his chest, "You are horrible." I said unable to stifle a laugh.

He handed me the shirt and kissed me deeply, then turned around so I could change. I laughed again. I was just going to place the shirt over my tank top but seeing how much of a gentleman he was being, I took it off, replacing it with the Merlotte's tee. Walking around to face him as I placed my tank top against his chest. "Hold on to that for me?" I said with a grin.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Quinn smiled when she handed him the tank top, his mind automatically picturing her in less....

"Of course, princess."

Quinn pulled her close for one more soul searching kiss before walking her toward the door to the office...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

I smiled at his comment and felt his lips press to mine. Good god that man could kiss. The fact that I wanted to throw him against the door and rip off his clothes right then and there made me smile inwardly. It was the best kiss of the night, by far. Slowly moving his tongue against mine as I held onto his arms. When he slowly pulled away, it took a minute to open my eyes. That hunger deep down began to grow again as I inhaled slowly to calm myself. He walked me to the door as I gathered my hair up in a high ponytail and looked at him once more. I had no words, all I could do was shake my head and growl at him. He drove me insane!

Heading into the main bar as I looked around. No Jason, good. The bar was fairly busy, so I knew the night would go by fast. Only five hours until I was off, and all I could think about was drinking his blood again. Good gods.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

Quinn walked out of the office behind her, watching her move...

He walked over, taking a seat at a table in the back of Jessica's section, grinning at her.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:22 pm

I smiled when I turned around carrying a tray of beer to table six to see him in my section. One thing was certain, he was going to make this shift really, really difficult to focus. Replaying images in my head of him in my dream and the nights we'd spend together. The way he sang to me. I looked down and smiled as I walked. "WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!" I heard Arlene snap at me as I ran into her with my tray. "S-sorry Arlene. I was...I'm--" She glared at me, "SAVE it!" Turning to go to Sam's office as I rolled my eyes. Ugh, was it closing yet?

After delivering the beer, I went to Quinn's table and tried to be as professional as I could. "What can I getcha?"

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:23 pm

Quinn chuckled when Jessica almost ran over the redhead waitress from the other section...

"Well, if it is available, I haven't had any of Lafayette's gumbo in ages. I'll take a nice big bowl of it. Extra spicy..."

He ran a gentle hand along her thigh as she turned to put his order in...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:24 pm

As I turned to go place his order I felt his warm hand on my thigh. My eyes fluttered as I gasped softly and glared at him. "John....Quinn...." My whole body was on fire. Before I said another word I turned and headed to the kitchen to put the ticket on the wheel for Lafayette. I was smiling and bringing plates to customers, occasionally glancing at him as he looked at me in the corner of his eye.

Welcome Home, Jessica - Page 2 Dwayne-johnson-300

My night was getting a little better until I heard her shrill voice walking in with her church ladies. "...but he only calls every so often and won't give me his address. I don't know why he wouldn't want his own momma to have that. I miss him so much."

"Aw Maxine, you raised a great boy. He's makin' you proud." Her eyes met mine as her friend spoke to her. "yeah now that he left vampers alone. Good riddens." I bit my bottom lip as I turned and composed myself.

"...be right back, order me a diet pepsi I need the little girls room." Tapping the pen on the counter as I slowly and subtly followed her.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:26 pm

Quinn heard the comments, knowing Jessica would have as well. He considering scaring the hell out of the old hag, but did not want to make matters worse than they were. He instead simply watched Jessica. How she moved, the way the light caught her hair, the mischievous look in her eyes..hmm...what was she thinking.....

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:26 pm

I waited for a few minutes until I heard the toilet flush, then opened the door and locked it behind me. Leaning against the door and folding my arms across my chest. She exited the bathroom stall and gasped, placing a hand to her heart. I stared at her. "What do you want vamper?" She asked in a snarky voice. I shook my head, "Too bad you won't remember this conversation, but here goes. I loved...LOVED your son. To the depths of my soul....but it just didn't work. One reason? YOU. You never let him grow up! He was twenty eight and you treated him like he was ten!"

"I don't care what you--" She began to say as I stepped closer to her making her shut up. "I'm. not. done." I practically snarled. "You are such a hurtful and deceitful....bitch. I could have ripped your throat out on so many occasions, but because I care about your son, I don't. He was my first love, Miss Fortenberry. I never chose this life, ever. I'm making the best of it. I'm just....I'm just a girl, who fell in love with a guy."

I looked down and fumbled with my hands. "I wanted you to know I loved him and still do but not like that. That's why I let him go." Catching her gaze as I focused on her eyes until she was under my influence. "You won't remember I ever dated Hoyt. He and Summer broke up and he moved to Alaska for a new life, which you are happy and proud of. Vampires are not threatening." I spoke softly and slowly. I could have fed from her, but her blood actually didn't smell appetizing at all. Looking away as I stepped aside and she blinked a few times, giving me a smile she walked past me. I leaned on my shoulder against the wall and took a breath. I felt better. Way better.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm

While he is waited for his food, he walked over to the jukebox, looking through the music. When he saw Jessica coming back out of the back, he dropped in the coins and started the first of the songs he had picked out...

Quinn smiled, nodding to Jessica and moved back to his seat...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:27 pm

I composed myself and smiled as I exited the restroom and smiled at Quinn as he selected a song on the jukebox. I grabbed the tray from the nook and knew it was what he had ordered. As I turned around and the song began to play I looked down and smiled, then back up as I walked back to his table. Setting the bowl down on the table in silence as I refilled his sweet tea and my eyes met his. Giving him a wink as I turned to the next table to refill their drink.

"Hey how y'all doin? Refills?" I smiled and nodded as I filled their glasses to the rim occasionally looking to him.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:28 pm

Quinn smiled as she brought his food, noticing the moment the song connected with her. He drew a deep breath in as she set the food in front of him...her scent mingling with the spicy scent from the gumbo...

"Thank you Jessica."

She had moved on to check on her other customers when the second song began to play...he watched her to see if she realized that he had chosen this song for her...

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 pm

I nodded and headed to the bar for the cocktails the table in the corner had ordered. Sam smiled and began to make them for me as Holly approached the bar and sighed. "Goddess my feet are killing me!" She said as she smiled at me, looked at the table Quinn sat at and nudged me. "That man is here again. Girl, someone has it bad for you." If I could have blushed, I would be bright red as I smiled and shook my head. "No, no. He's just a really good friend. That's all." She winked and leaned in, "Really good friend hmm? Well if he's single you better grab him 'fore some other woman does." I chuckled and listened to the new song playing, reminding me of waking up next to him. Holly's words made me think though, what if another woman fascinated him and I lost my chance. What if I would lose him. I bit my bottom lip and closed my eyes.

"Jess....JESS!" I opened them and shook my head as I took the two cocktails from Sam and headed over to the table setting them down with a now forced smile. If only I could pull apart all these feelings and sort through them. It was like untangling yarn. The table across from the booth he sat at was empty as I went to gather my tips.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:29 pm

Quinn chuckled at the conversation he overheard by the service window. He winked playfully at the blonde waitress and returned to enjoying his gumbo.

He glanced at the clock and saw that the place would be closing soon. He motioned Jessica over to his table, moving the glass and bowl to the edge of the table to give her an excuse...

"Where am I taking you from here? Are you ready to deal with Him? or do you want some time?"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I grabbed his glass and bowl and sighed, shaking my head as I thought. "I can't deal with him right now. It's probably best I don't go home. Not until he's cooled down." The place was emptying fast as the last few customers left for the night. I'd done great on tips a whole $75 dollars at that. Even a nice ten dollar tip from Maxine. I see our little chat had helped. "I'll meet you outside."

I turned to bring the dishes to the kitchen as Lafayette worked on his closing prep. Luckily I didn't have any to do so I got to leave. Holly waved and smiled as I exited the bar, "Have fun with that one, hun!" I chuckled and saw him leaning against his massive truck. Biting my lip as I walked closer to him and smiled. Something was weighing on my mind and I didn't know how to approach it.

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Quinn could see something was on her mind. Maybe it was just the situation with Bill...maybe it was more..

"Hop in, 'Princess'...We'll get you tucked in at my place. I don't think you've seen it since the remodel...."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

I smiled and nodded, pushing the thought from my head. "No, I haven't." I climbed in the passenger side and looked at him, "Let's get outta here."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 12:43 am