For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A bit of relief...perhaps

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

A bit of relief...perhaps Empty A bit of relief...perhaps

Post by Jason Stackhouse Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:05 pm

Jason woke the next morning but he had had a bad nights sleep, the argument with Jessica was playing on his mind over night and stressed him out a little, but at least he got the answers he needed from her. He got showered and washed for the day, it was a Saturday and his day off, which he rarely got so he got up early to get things done that he needed to get done. He needed to wash his car, clean his house a little, get a hair cut, and then meet a few people in Merlotte's later for a drink like he always did on a Saturday night.. But one thing he hoped he wouldn't have to see was Jessica. But he would just have to try his best to ignore her the best he could.

Jason was making a cup of tea and full blown English breakfast including tomatoes, bacon, egg, hash brown and a couple slices of toast. HE suddenly started thinking about Hoyt, his best pal Hoyt. Or, used to be best pal now not so much since he betrayed him to sleep with his girlfriend at the time that was Jessica. He hated himself for doing that, his best friend for most of his life, lost over a fanger.. Yet another reason that fueled hsi hatred for her and her kind. He missed Hoyt so much, they used to be on the same level, they'd go fishing on a Sunday morning like a ritual and drink beers till they couldn't see anymore to the evening on a Saturday night. He wondered if he'd been in contact with Mrs Fortenberry since he's been away, wondered if he got his job like he always dreamed of getting, wondered if HIS life was happy without any bloodsuckers in it. He sighed and grabbed his car keys, getting into his truck and making his way over to Maxine Fortenberry's home.

Once he arrived he knocked on the door and waited patiently for Maxine to answer, he saw the curtain move closed from the corner of his eye, and a little curse from behind the door.

"Jason, what the heck are you doin' here?" she said in her usual croaky old lady voice.
    "Hey, Mrs Fortenberry. Umm, well I was wonderin' if I could have a talk with you...?" he smiled softly, hoping it would help him get inside that much more, the charming Jason smile always won people over it was one of his talents.
    "You took my son away from me! You sent him away! And ain't you goin' out with that red headed devil?" she asked, she hated vampires just as much as Jason did right now. Maybe he could use this.
    "I know I did.. And i'm so so sorry. But it was his choice. It's what HE wanted. And i'm not goin' out with Jessica anymore, we're over. And truth be told I hate her just as much as you do right now Mrs Fortenberry. Her whole kind in fact!" he nodded matter of factly. and he saw her hesitate before widening the door out some more.
    "Well....Alright then, i'll go put the kettle on..." she started walking down the narrow hallway of her bungalow and yelled as she started making the tea in the kitchen "Ya take sugar son?"
    "No i'm alright, thanks!" Jason yelled as he wondered down the hallway into the lounge. There were pictures of Hoyt scattered around the lounge like a shrine. Damn, she did miss him a lot. He took a seat on the couch with his legs spread apart, hands clasped together and waited for her to return.

A few moments later she did so, and with a tray, two cups of tea and a plate of biscuits on top. He took his tea and a biscuit looking up at her with a nod "Thanks.." and watched her as she sat on the couch oposite.
    "So what brings you here Stackhouse? Run out of people to interrogate?"
    That was a little cold but he dismissed it, she was always so grouchy. "Uh no ma'am, i'm off duty, I came by to talk about Hoyt. Thing is that I miss him a lot, and I feel so bad for letting my bubba go.." Jason stated, and these words came from the bottom of his heart.
    Maxine just sipped at her tea listening intently before she spoke "Well, you'll be pleased to know he got his dream job in Alaska. And is over there... Ooo he only sends me the odd letter now and then. Not that I can ever write back cause he doesn't leave me an address TO write back to!" she seemed upset about this, but shook her head taking another sip of her tea.
    Jason sat there nibbling on his biscuit while she spoke about him. "Well i'm glad he's happy..He is happy, right?"
    Maxine just nodded and therefore Jason was relieved. "I just have so many regrets, Mrs Fortenberry..And makin' him feel the way he did..or does..and betrayin' him the way I did with that dead fuck Jessica only makes me more mad at myself..."
    Maxine placed her empty cup of tea on the small coffee table before them and sighed "Well, it's what those vampires will do to ya..They will kill you and everything you love or ever loved.." she nodded, she always had her eyes glanced open when she meant what she said, like she was drilling her words into you.
    "I know that all too well." Jason replied "You know they killed mine and Sook's parents? I don't know how but i'm gonna find out." he nodded again, and he would do just that. "And one of 'ems after Sookie too, I just wish they'd all go out and meet the god damned sun!" he exclaimed.
    "Oh really?! Well that won't do Jason! You gotta do somethin', and do it fast! I've got some friends, and friends of friends that'll help you out!"
    Jason protested, he'd already told her too much, Miss GossipGirl of Bon Temps, so he shook his head putting his tea on the table "Oh no, no no no.. It's ok, I got this all worked out. In ma head." he smiled and got up out of his chair "Well, it was nice catchin' up with you but I better go, lots to do.." he laughed a little and made his way down the hallway, Maxine followed shortly behind.
    "Alright darlin', but you take care of yourself now, don't go gettin' into anymore explosion, ya hear!" she shouted across the front lawn, Jason reached his truck and waved to her.
    "I'll try my best! See ya Miss Fortenberry!" he nodded and got into car, sort of relieved he'd cleared the air with his ex-best pal's momma. And went off to complete his next daily task.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 9:18 pm