For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

A Talk With My Father

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

A Talk With My Father Empty A Talk With My Father

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 pm

I left Quinn's place with the bodyguard he insisted I take, considering the last few days I didn't object. I was so nervous and anxious, would he be there? Would Kiara have given him the message and did he want to see me? We hadn't seen or spoke to one another in about a week now. The words of our fight echoed in my mind as I closed my eyes and touched the pendant around my neck. It calmed me as I took a deep breath. Bill was the only maker I had, so I had to make things right with us. He was the only family I had left, and in so many ways in the last two years, he'd become like my father. I respected him, I looked up to him. It hurt to know I disappointed him the way I did, but I was hoping tonight he'd see a new Jessica, a new vampire. Not just a girl anymore but a woman growing into herself. At least that's what I felt like I was, all thanks to Quinn.

The guards opened the gate as we pulled up and I took one more calming breath, remembering Quinn's words to stay calm no matter what. Stay calm no matter what, I can do this. When the door opened, I looked up at Zasha almost wanting to say to drive me back but nodded instead and stepped out the car. I looked up at the mansion and closed my eyes nodding. "I can do this." You are not granted tomorrow, even as a vampire. I couldn't risk something happening to Bill or myself and not having buried the hatchet with him. That to me was worse than death itself. I slid my key in the door and turned it, hearing the bolt unlock. Opening the door slowly as I stepped in and looked around. "Bill? Bill.....are you here?"
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

A Talk With My Father Empty Re: A Talk With My Father

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 pm

Bill had earlier that night left Kiara's home upon her insistence that he go to his home to have a talk with his progeny Jessica. He had severely hesitated to go to meet with Jessica, considering their last meeting had ended abruptly in an argument. Which had included him saying things that he did not mean, his anger getting the better of him, hurting Jessica. But after listening in on Kiara and Jessica's private conversation, being a factor in why he did not want this argument to end in yet another fight. Hearing how she had talked about her former life, children, children she would not be able to have. How she had felt about him and how that he did not understand her. Bill was sat at his desk going through some paperwork that he had never found the time to go through, almost wanting the files of the spies to be here tonight. Raising his glass to his lips to drain the True Blood, quenching his first that seemed to appear out of no where. When he heard the lock on the front door unlock and creak open. He hadn't been able to feel Jessica through their bond as it in terms 'no longer existed' as he had been the one to halt it altogether.

"Bill? Bill.....are you here?"

He heard her sweet voice and froze. Should he leave now so that their was no argument? Or stay and work this out? Debating for a moment he cleared his throat.

"In my office Jessica" he spoke softly.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:53 pm

I turned right and stood in the doorway of his office, looked down and gathered my thoughts before looking back up. "Hey Bill. Thank you for coming." I tried to take in his facial expressions and read him like Quinn always seemed to read me but I couldn't tell what he was feeling or his thoughts. He had a good poker face. I stepped forward and entered as I looked him straight in the eyes, standing behind the chair that was across from his desk. "I...don't want to fight. I just....I just want to talk." Stay calm, stay calm, no matter what stay calm. I felt like I was shaking I was so nervous.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

He fought to remain calm and collected, something that Kiara had reminded him too do. Still sat in his chair as Jessica stood in the doorway to his office. Suddenly his mouth felt as dry as the bottom of his shoe, unable too find the words to speak. He listened to Jessica speak about wanting to talk and not to fight. He studied her posture, she was afraid of him, he had made me become afraid of him. Once upon a time she loved him like a father and as her Maker, but not now...things have changed.

"Please.........take a seat *he paused*.........w-would you like something to drink?" he asked, standing fro his chair to walk to his drinks cabinet to pour himself another glass of blood and one for Jessica.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

I walked around the chair as he offered me a seat and smiled, "No thank you, I had....a donor earlier." I watched him fix him a glass of blood and started. "I'm sorry about everything. I disappointed you and I'm sorry. It was never my intention to do that Bill. I respect and look up to you, I always have. But I just wish you'd listen to me before you make decisions about my life." I closed my eyes feeling myself getting upset. Calming myself and placing a hand on my pendant, then opening my eyes to meet his for a moment then looked down at my hands in my lap. "Something's happened and I wanna tell you but....." I let my words trail off not knowing how or if I should say it.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:54 pm

He had fixed himself a glass of blood and returned to his seat as she declined his offer as she mentioned that she had a donor earlier. He had summoned up the courage to speak when Jessica had jumped in before a single word escaped his lips. How could she speak of him so? After what he had done too her? The way that he had treated her like a small child, he watched as his hand raised to a pendant on around her neck...new....something that he presumed to be from the Tiger.

"Something's happened and I wanna tell you but....."

He slid his glass onto the table, leaning forward on his desk, his hands clasped together.

"Jessica.....*he fought trying to find the right words* Please let me speak *his tone was a little harsher than expected, but he calmed himself down* You have no reason to apologize for anything...nothing at all. It was all my doing that caused this ever growing rift between us, a rift that seems to be beyond repairable. Or so I believe, it will never truly be healed as much as we both may want it too be. But you have to understand something....."

He paused to think, he needed to word this right.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:55 pm

Bill began to speak and it actually hurt to hear him say that he didn't think our relationship was repairable or he didn't think it was. How could he think that, did he not have the faith in us that I did. He let his words trail off, trying to word them right more than likely. "Bill...." I interrupted him, he had to know before he said anything else. "It's both of our faults. We both have a temper and let's face it, we're more alike than we think. You're my maker, I have your blood running through my veins. I'm part of you just like you're part of me." I smiled a little and felt better that I said what I felt, with no anger. I had no anger to feel. "You may not think it's repairable....but I do. I mean come on Bill, we've been through worse times." I didn't want to mention Lilith but knew he would know what I meant.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:55 pm

"You may not think it's repairable....but I do. I mean come on Bill, we've been through worse times"

That was true, they both had been through some tough times and had always somehow found a way to get through it together somehow, but he was still unsure if this time was the same as the others.

"Jessica.....sweetheart....If we want this too work. Then I need to be honest with you *he paused* The Tiger....Quinn. I do not like him, and I will never like him. There is a past between us that cannot be healed overnight. It is far more complicated than I wish to speak off. But if he is what makes you happy...then I shall stand by what you decide, and what makes you happy. But I will always be wary of him and his decisions that re-guard your safety"

If this was to work he would need to be honest with Jessica, and that meant no holding back.

"Jessica, I put you through somethings that no progeny should have to go through....At the Authority i put you through some things that you should not have been subjected to. And for that I apologize" he said quietly.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 pm

Even as he spoke of his dislike for Quinn, I didn't get angry. Everyone was entitled to their own opinion and I knew once Bill knew the Quinn I knew, he'd like him too. I nodded and accepted that. "I understand you have a past, a bad one from what I sense. But if we're being honest, you don't have to like him. All I ask....ALL that I ask of you, is to give him a chance to prove you wrong. Because....." I looked down at my hands to gather myself before telling him. Looking back up and directly in his eyes, "I....love....him. In love, even. Bill....he....he makes me feel like me. He helped me to realize my true nature as a vampire and even get better at control. He helps me to be the woman I wanna be. And....he loves me too." I touched the pendant and braced for the walls to come crashing down.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:56 pm

"Jessica.....*Love? She was in love with the Tiger and he felt the same about his progeny. There was nothing that he could do about who Jessica spent her time with* If you want me to give him a chance...then...then I shall give him a chance *indicating with his finger (1)* He will be given one chance Jessica, I am willing to give him that, if it makes you happy"

He felt disheartened when he heard her speak so highly of him, that the Tiger had been able to teach her things that he should have been doing, but failed too do.

"If that is what you wish me too do...then I shall, but I shall wish to speak to Quinn...alone"

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:57 pm

I stood and looked down at the chair in thought. "I...can accept that. Really. One chance is all I ask, and I think he wants to speak to you too." I felt such relief about all this, I could have both my maker and the man I loved in my life without conflict. Maybe. He approached me as I thought....

A Talk With My Father 34hyis0

"There is something else." I cleared my throat and looked back at him as he stood next to me, watching me. "I accept you.....as my maker. Now, and forever."

A Talk With My Father 211kpbb
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:58 pm

"I accept you.....as my maker. Now, and forever."

Bill felt as though they had broke through a 'barrier' on there way to mending their 'Maker/Progeny - Father/Daughter' relationship. He felt a pang in his chest, something that warmed him to his core, that maybe, just maybe they had some chance to get back to how they once where. Placing his hands onto her cheeks, in a loving manner.

A Talk With My Father Vpc51c

With no words to express, he pulled her into his arms and held her in a fatherly embrace, something that was long over due

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:59 pm

A Talk With My Father Jhzhn6

I felt a connection with him, it was like all his emotions came rushing at me. I felt his fear, his love, his acceptance. Wrapping my arms around him as I hugged him back. "I'm so sorry Bill." I whispered as a red tear rolled down my face. I had missed the father like hugs he used to give. Kiara was right in every way possible and I didn't know how to thank her for what she'd given me. She'd given me insight to some things that I'd been missing, struggling with and down right confused about. I stayed there in his arms, I'd really missed him so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6fYr41ZqXSU
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:59 pm

"I am so sorry Jessica" he kept Jessica in his arms, feeling the ever growing connection between them grow, he had never felt as happy as he did in this moment and he never wanted to let it go. He had something to hold onto, to keep him from dwindling to the seduction of Lilith again, a hold on to who he was.

"Forgive me" his eyes were becoming heavy with his blood tears that were threatening to overcome him.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:00 pm

I pulled back a little to look at him and smiled as we both had tears. "Of course I forgive you, do you forgive me? I promise not to act like a....slattern as you like to call it." I giggled and hugged him again, so happy I'd listened to Kiara, so thankful I had Quinn's support and help in giving me the strength I didn't know I had, to do this and to reunite with my maker, my father. Our bond was reconnected and I didn't know how or why, but I wasn't asking. I just secretly hoped he didn't use that "As your maker I command you" crap just to get what he wanted. But I decided not to bring that up and ruin the moment.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:00 pm

"There is nothing to forgive Jessica...you have nothing to be sorry for" his hands wrapped around Jessica again as he held her close, enjoying this moment that he never wanted too end.

"Jessica...There is no pressure, you don't have to make your decision now...But I would like you to come back home....And if it makes you happy, the Tiger.....Quinn can come over. He had my permission to pass freely on the estate" he smirked at her, knowing that he would need to do this to keep Jessica happy.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:01 pm

I closed my eyes and hugged him back, silence filling the room for a while. I was so happy, relieved, thankful, all emotions in one. He pulled back and said he wanted me to come home as I smiled. "I'd love to come back home." When he said Quinn had his permission to come freely to the estate I practically squealed and wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. "Oh Bill thank you!" It was almost too good to be true, but I wasn't complaining.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 pm

"There is some rules Jessica that I would want you and Quinn to follow. I do not want Quinn in my office unless I say so. And if he stays over I would like some advance notice if he does. I do not want him to know where I take my day rest. He does not interfere with my business as King. And you have the will to do what you wish to make you both comfortable in this home, if he is going to be a permanent fixture in your life. And I would still like to have a talk with him" he spoke more direct to her, if he was allowing Quinn to roam freely on his estate, there had to be some boundaries.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 pm

I listened to his conditions and understood them all and found them reasonable. I didn't see why I couldn't abide by his wishes since he was trying to do what he could to make me happy. "I can agree to those terms. When would you like to talk to him?" I wondered if I should call or text Quinn now or wait for bill to contact him himself.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:04 pm

"Have him come here tomorrow night, 8pm. If you want to arrange that. I have some business to conduct beforehand I would like to finish. And I would like to speak to him alone Jessica" he said softly to her. If he was going to be in Jessica's life then he and the tiger needed to talk.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:04 pm

I smiled and nodded. "Thank you Bill, for everything. For giving me this life, for listening...for everything." I hugged him again and pulled back to smile. "I'll have him here alone, tomorrow night at 8. Not a minute later, if anything Quinn is always early if not on time."
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:04 pm

"I will spend the rest of my eternity making you happy Jessica. This is only the start" he smiled at her "I do not wish for you to spend tonight alone. I have some business that I must attend to. If you would like to stay the night with the Tig-Quinn's?" he would need to start calling him by his name if this was to continue to keep his progeny happy.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:04 pm

I giggled and nodded knowing he needed to get back to Kiara, which I didn't blame him. She shouldn't be left alone. "I'm the only one who calls him Tiger." I said playfully as I winked and hugged him again. He didn't seem to like my comment about calling him tiger, but he hid it well. "Good night Bill. Be safe and tell Kiara I said hello, and thank you. She'll know why."

After getting back into the car to head back to Quinn's place I laid down on the seat and exhaled a heavy breath. Tonight had gone so well, I couldn't have asked for better. I bit my bottom lip at the thought of seeing Quinn again, and just having him hold me and call me Princess. Funny nickname but coming from his mouth, it sent shivers to my very core.
    Bill Compton
    Bill Compton
    King
    King

Post by Bill Compton Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:25 pm

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:59 pm