For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

3 posters

Rage and Darkness Don't Mix

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Rage and Darkness Don't Mix Empty Rage and Darkness Don't Mix

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:44 pm

I hated to leave Quinn, but he insisted he’d be fine and he’d call if anything happened. I contemplated calling in but knew that it would leave Sam in a predicament. I couldn’t do that to him. Kissing his lips softly before leaving out the door with Zasha. It was weird sitting in the backseat like some celebrity or something so I hopped in the front seat. I smiled at his face seeing me in the front with him. I shrugged and looked forward. “I’m not the Queen or anything…..just the Princess.” I turned back to look at him and laughed; he joined in the laughter, shaking his head and starting the car.

Once we arrived at Merlotte’s I told him he could stay in the car, I’d call or text him if needed but really I was working…nothing would happen…I hoped. Asking him what he’d like to eat before closing the door I’d tell Sam I had a guard to feed and I’m sure he wouldn’t mind. I walked in and locked eyes with…him. My smile quickly faded as I hesitated for a moment but then looked down and walked towards Sam’s office for my apron and to calm myself.

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Rage and Darkness Don't Mix Empty Re: Rage and Darkness Don't Mix

Post by Jason Stackhouse Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Jason tapped the bartop and Sam handed him another bud bottle. He grinned and turned raising the bottle to his lips stopping before touching them. Jessica….narrowing his eyes while he looked at her. He tightened his hand around the bottle and watched her walk away. Why did he have to pick a night that SHE worked to come have a drink or two. He should have stayed home. Shaking his head and heading to the pool table to finish the game he’d started with Kevin…there was twenty bucks on the line. Twenty bucks he’d win.

Dante
    Dante

Post by Dante Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 pm

I walked back from Sam’s office tying my apron around my waist as I looked down at the order pad trying to calm myself…but unable to. It’s like that rage….that darkness was creeping to the top of my being. A sweet wistful sound of temptation begging to be let out. Control Jess, control….You have to use it as a tool or it will control you. I forced a smile and fought hard to keep it in check. Seeing my new customer and recognizing him from the night I had beer spilled all over me I sighed and approached him. The way the shirt hugged his chest was super sexy, he was…dangerous looking. I smiled and grabbed my pen. “What can I getcha?” Before he could answer Maxine was in the next booth waving her glass. “Miss! Miss! Hello?!? So hard to get decent help these days…” I turned my head and glared at her. Before I knew it I was in her face. “If you can’t wait a damn minute maybe you should get it yourself!”
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:46 pm

Jason was taking his shot on the eight ball about to win the game when he heard Jessica yelling at Hoyt’s momma. He tossed the pool stick down on the table and puffed his chest up walking over to Miss Fortenberry and Jessica. “Hey, vamper…no need to talk that way to her. I don’t think Sam would appreciate you being so rude to customers. You’re a waitress that’s your job…Or do you just work here to eat people?” His parents voices came to his mind, telling him how proud they were that he stood up to her. All he wanted to do was break the stick over his leg and shove it into her chest.
    Dante
    Dante

Post by Dante Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:47 pm

I turned my head to see Jason standing next to me telling me I was a waitress and it was my job. When he said the part about eating people, I snapped and saw red. With speed and strength I grabbed him by the throat and rushed out of there before anyone noticed anything. Throwing him against a tree in the parking lot I heard the loud thud as his back hit it. "You want to kill me? Go ahead and try, Jason."
    Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:48 pm

One minute she was glaring at him and the next, her hand was wrapped around his neck and thrown against a tree. He coughed and crawled to his knees holding his hand to his neck. "See! You...*cough* you're all *cough* the same. You'll kill me *cough* before I can *cough* kill you." He stood and winced at the pain in his back, looking her in her cold eyes feeling his anger growing. "I wish I could introduce you to my friend....First name Sun, last name light!"

Dante
    Dante

Post by Dante Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:49 pm

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

I rolled my eyes. Jason was such an idiot sometimes...no all the time. I picked up a branch from the ground and handed it to him. "Here...take your best shot then." He looked from the stick to me and looked like considering it. Before he had a chance to decide I let the darkness come forward a little as I grabbed his neck again and pushed his back against the large oak tree. My lip curling over my fangs as I hissed. My nails digging into the skin of his neck, with just a little more pressure I could kill him. Looking him in the eyes as I said so coldly "You made a big mistake."

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

He choked a bit when she pushed him against the tree, squeezing his neck so tight it was hard to breathe. But he was able to mutter in a breathless raspy voice as she held him. "Yeah, screwing you was my biggest mistake." He braced for whatever she was going to give him knowing he couldn't fight her off, she was too strong.
    Dante
    Dante

Post by Dante Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:50 pm

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 pm

I growled and rammed him against the tree again, hearing a snap. I'd hurt him and I didn't care, I wanted to inflict more pain on him the same way he did my heart. Slowly...torturous. He fell to the ground holding his chest and I remembered Quinn. Suddenly his voice was in my head, "That darkness is a power like nothing else you will feel, but it is a dangerous one, for it tempts you with honeyed words and soft voice to give in a bit more..." Don't let the darkness take control, focus. I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

Jason Stackhouse
    Jason Stackhouse

Post by Jason Stackhouse Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:51 pm

He fell to the ground when she released him, after being slammed against the tree. It felt like his rib snapped. Groaning and letting out a small scream of pain as he held his ribs and looked at her. "Go on, kill me. You know you want to. That's all you do. You're KILLERS!" His parents appeared and said no matter what they were proud of him. Spitting a bit of blood out as he stumbled to get up but couldn't. It was hard to breathe.

Dante
    Dante

Post by Dante Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 pm

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:52 pm

I tried to focus, I tried so hard concentrating on Quinn's calm voice in my head. "....it almost cost me everything, even my life..." Replayed over and over in my head. I wanted him dead, I wanted his blood on my hands. This wasn't right. I couldn't do this. I couldn't kill Jason. I didn't hate him. He was confused just like I was. I screamed out into the night and opened my eyes looking down at him on the ground. I thought of many ways to kill him, but then I remembered that I once loved him. Part of me still did, that's what hurt the most. I shook my head and hid my fangs. "We're not all killers." I sped out of there and knew I couldn't go back in the bar. The only place I knew where to go, the only place that was home. With Quinn.....

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm