For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Just a Nightmare

Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Just a Nightmare Empty Just a Nightmare

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:54 pm

"Hey all, I have something I need to tell you...." I trail off, the weight of the world falling onto my shoulders. All my friends look at me, the question lying on their faces, waiting for what I am about to say. If granny were still here with me she'd say, "Well, go on now, spit it out child." I sigh, gulp down the extra saliva pooling in my mouth, and take a deep breath. If you can't tell your friends, who can you tell, right? I take a minute too look at each and every one of my friends individually, not that there's very many of them anyways. "I am a shifter," I spit out, almost too fast for them to catch what I have said. I look at them again, to find their reaction, which does not help since they all seem to be confused. "I am a shifter," I repeat. "I...I can shift into different things. You know...morph my body into something else. I turn into birds more than anything else, but I can turn into all sorts of things! Like, a dog or a cat, or even a fly!" I ramble, nervousness getting the best of me.

My closest friend has the first response, laughing at me. "What are you a freak?!" She yells out! I flinch at the word, the one word I've spent my entire life afraid of hearing.

"N...no.." I stutter out, attempting to take the stand my granny, mama, and daddy have always told me to take. "I'm just like you. I eat, I breath, and I sleep. Only difference is, I can turn into different animals..." I trail off, knowing what I am saying now sounds just as dumb to them as it did to me the first time my family tried saying it to me. The next thing I know, the group cuts me away from them and starts talking like I am no longer even there, discussing what they need to do next to handle "their situation". What is their situation? They don't have to deal with anything! I'm the one that is a freak compared to them! Before I know it, they all run off to tell everyone in town that will listen, and everyone is threatening me.

Just a Nightmare Z

Tears slowly begin to roll down my face as I pray for them to stop and just leave me alone. "Stop it!" I yell out, hoping they'll listen...
    Tara Mae Thornton
    Tara Mae Thornton

Just a Nightmare Empty Re: Just a Nightmare

Post by Tara Mae Thornton Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:07 am

My eyes slowly begin to open, and I slowly realize that I am safe in my bed and the world is just how I left it hours ago. "Nobody knows..." I whisper aloud to myself. I wipe some remnants of tears from my face as I realize I had been crying in my sleep. I cannot be plagued by these nightmares anymore. These are beginning to terrify me more than the actual thought of coming out and telling everyone. It's not like I'm the oddest thing out there, I mean, seriously what human would have thought years ago that vampires actually existed. Sighing, I get out of bed to splash some water on my face from the sink in the bathroom. Once done, I go back to my room and curl up under the blankets on my bed. I hope when I drift off this time, I will actually have a decent dream..

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 10:46 am