For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Can't Sleep....

Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Can't Sleep.... Empty Can't Sleep....

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:23 pm

For the love of all that is holy! I just wanna get some sleep. Debbie.... You're not real. You're a ghost. Rene... you aren't real either. I just want to close my eyes, sleep and forget any of this crap with ya'll ever happened!

<ever since yesterday she couldn't get them out of her head; first Rene staring her down and then Debbie. They seemed to like alternating who drove her to the brink of insanity. Either way, she just wanted it to stop.>

<it seemed like yesterday all that crap happened. Rene, or should she call him Drew Marshall, chasing her through the graveyard and telling her to stay out of his head. And Bill suffering the daylight for her, trying to save her. She had thought for sure he was a goner; only the dulling of pain medication had made her be able to survive the initial blows. Once that had worn off, though... She didn't want to think about it. She may be with Eric now, but a part of her still loved Bill. Would always love Bill. And she didn't want to lose that part; he was her first love. Then, when he had been beating on Sam and she had grabbed that shovel. She shivered. The memories proved to be too much at times. She felt bad; she had loved Rene like a brother. He had always taken care of her, treated her with respect and even ran off some guys that were gettin' too grabby at Merlotte's. But in the end? He had killed her Gran, then tried to kill her. He had even tried framing her brother for the murders of Maudette Pickens, Dawn and Amy! So, God help her, she thought he got what he deserved. He didn't seem to think that way, though. He was constantly in her ear today at work>

Sookeh, ya oughta know I din' mean nuttin' by it. I jus' wanted to take care o' yuh. Hangin' 'roun with them dang fangers, lettin' 'em stick they fangs in yuh all the time. You an abomination, guh. And you oughta be in the ground, not me. I was INNOCENT! Just tryin' to save my town. Now I done lost my kids, Arlene, my life. It ain't fair!

<she had gotten even more looks today than she normally did; though talking to yourself could prove to make you look a bit like a crazy. Then there was Debbie.>

<she shook her head again. She didn't know if Alcide would ever forgive her completely for what happened to Debbie. But she hadn't had much choice, had she? The crazy woman had come into her house with a shotgun, then shot out her best friends brains! She had it comin'! She winced, recalling Debbie on her back with the gun under her chin, her eyes wide with fear and begging her not to pull the trigger>

SOOKIE! SOOKIE, DON'T! I'M SORRY, OKAY?! I'M SORR.... OH PLEASE DON'T!!!!! <then the gun had rang out through the night like a firecracker in an empty parkin' lot. She grimaced. She could still see the blood and brains all over the floor, could still smell the tangy blood that was everywhere. But there hadn't been time for that; she had to help Tara. Her poor, sweet Tara.>

Dangit, ya'll! Leave me alone and let me sleep in peace! Gah! I can't even change without thinkin' ya'll are watchin' me. <shook her head and slid under the covers of her bed, snuggling into her pillow. She wished Eric was here. He always made it better, kept the nightmares away when he'd run his fingers through her hair. But he wasn't... She hadn't heard from him in a couple of days, in fact. Tomorrow... She'd worry about it tomorrow.>

<once the voices quieted down, she closed her eyes and drifted off into an uneasy sleep, a sleep colored blood red.>