For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Starting over

Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Starting over  Empty Starting over

Post by Luna Garza Thu Jan 24, 2013 4:33 pm

"Home is where the heart is. What a load of shit."

She had gotten home and gone straight to her bedroom, collapsing on the bed after she dropped her bags to the floor. Martha had said she was on her way over with Emma and that they would be there in a few minutes; she didn't want anything but her little girl right now.

Sam, the man she had thought was so different and that she had given her heart too after it had been ripped out and stomped on by Marcus, had killed someone... right in front of her. Okay, so it wasn't really in front of her; he didn't know she was there, but still. He had killed that woman, and that woman's sister. She just couldn't get that to make sense.

Mommy? MOMMY! I'M HOME! I MISSED YOU!

Emma ran into the room squealing and dropping her bags beside Luna's. The little girl jumped on the bed and snuggled with her, her face nuzzling her neck and her little arms wrapped around her body. She could tell the instant that Emma realized something was different.

Mommy? Why is your stomach bigger? Did you and Sam eat a big dinner? Silly. Where's my Sam? I wanna tell him about what all I did at Mimi's!

She didn't have the heart to tell her, not right now. "He's at his place, baby. I wanted to come home so I could see you. And.... my stomach? Well...." She sat up and looked at Emma, reaching out to gently brush a strand of hair behind her ear. "You remember how you wanted a little sister or brother? Congratulations!" She grabbed her daughters hand and gently placed it on her stomach, watching her face for any hint of emotion.

Wh... what? Mommy... Mommy, are you.... Are you gonna HAVE A BABY?!?!?!

Emma screeched and bolted up, jumping up and down on the bed and laughing.

I'M GONNA BE A BIG SISTER!!!

She shook her head and laughed, a sound she hadn't expected to hear in a long while. "Yup! You're gonna be a big sister!" Emma continued jumping, giggling and screeching while Luna lay back on the bed.

Things were hard now, yes. But she would get better. She would survive. The old Luna was back: Independent.

"Come on, babygirl. Let's get some ice cream." And just like that, things were back to how they had been before. At least for now.

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 6:01 am