For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Unexpected Visit

Martha Bozeman
    Martha Bozeman

Unexpected Visit Empty Unexpected Visit

Post by Martha Bozeman Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:41 pm

<Martha hadn't heard from Luna in a few weeks since she'd come to pick Emma up seemingly upset about something but wouldn't divulge in anything. She assumed it had something to do with her shifter boyfriend. 'Told you so' ran through her mind but she didn't say anything, she wanted to be in her granddaughters life and upsetting Luna would only make things worse between them. Pulling into her drive, she stepped out and fixed her hair slightly and prayed Luna didn't get upset at her just dropping by unexpected. Giving the wooden door three knocks she waited.>
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Unexpected Visit Empty Re: Unexpected Visit

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:52 pm

Sam sat there on the couch with his legs up, reflecting on the past few days. It had been awkward seeing Luna walk through the door looking like him. Even more strange to kiss her in this body. Things almost went further but it was just too...odd. She had been called to tend to the bar and he gave her instructions on what to do and to call if she needed. Luna insisted he rest for their baby and the pains he was experiencing. Pregnancy was not easy. Emma sat on the carpet, coloring a picture for Sam. He looked down at the swollen belly and ran his hands over the hump. His child growing inside of him....literally. He was experiencing first hand fatherhood. This wasn't exactly what he had planned. Hearing the knock, he looked up and wondered who it was, hoping for Luna...Opening the door to see Martha standing there, his eyes widened and he said nothing for a minute or two. Her face made him speak, -Martha, uh..come in...what brings you here...today...?- Tried to smile and act normal.
    Martha Bozeman
    Martha Bozeman

Post by Martha Bozeman Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:56 pm

"Luna...you're...you're...."

"Were you ever going to tell me? And invite me in, or do I have to stand here all day?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 pm

He looked down at his stomach to follow her eyes and realized Luna hadn't told Martha, he wondered if she ever would. Stepped aside to let her come in and closed the door, turning to face her. -Well, Martha....I--I didn't think it was any of your concern. It was a private matter between Sam and I. I don't really know when I was going to tell you but well, now you know. Is there a reason you're here?-
    Martha Bozeman
    Martha Bozeman

Post by Martha Bozeman Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:07 pm

"None of my concern? Well, I thought we were past that but I guess I was mistaken. I only came to see how you were doing and to see my grand baby. I think I still have a right to see her, I haven't done anything wrong. I miss her.." She looked down at her hands. "You know Luna, I know we may not see eye to eye all the time, but I love that little girl and I do care for you. If I can help by keeping Emma for you at any time you just let me know. Being pregnant isn't easy and I'd be honored. I just want you to know that."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:13 pm

He smiled and nodded. -I appreciate that Martha, really I do. I'll make sure she knows.- His eyes widened slightly and he looked at Emma who was enveloped in her tv show. -Emma, I mean. Maybe soon, you can keep Emma for a night or something. I'll have to think about it.- He had to run it by Luna first, if he made promises she might just kill him. Luna was still a little sour about Martha. -I um, I'd like to have you stay but Sam will be here soon and we had plans. I hope you understand.-

Seeing her face sadden, he turned to look at Emma. -Emma, honey. Come say hi to your grandmother.- Emma turned and her smile brightened as she ran up to Martha. "GRAMMA!!!" Wrapping her arms around Martha's waist she smiled up at her. "I missed you Gramma, when can I go back to your house to sleep? " Sam offered a smile and shrugged his shoulders not knowing how to answer that. -Soon...maybe. We'll see okay darlin'.-
    Martha Bozeman
    Martha Bozeman

Post by Martha Bozeman Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:17 pm

She nodded and stepped back towards the door, she did after all just show up unexpectedly so she couldn't be too upset they had made plans already. Emma running up to her made her smile and stoop down to hug her grand daughter. Hearing Luna call Emma 'darlin' made her look up at her quizzically, never hearing her say that before. Martha kissed Emma on her forehead and stood. "You'll come over soon, I'm sure of it. I'll call your mom soon okay and we can plan something." She looked back up at Luna and mouthed the words 'Thank you'. Turning the knob on the door she waved and walked out, closing the door behind her.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:21 pm

He nodded once in acknowledgement of her thanks and held a breath until she had left. Letting out a sigh and leaning back against the door, thinking that was close. Emma went back over to the show she was watching and he waddled over to the couch. Luna was going through so much and he hadn't told him a single thing, and he wanted to know why she was keeping it all from him. The pain, the still strained relationship with Martha. When she arrived later they would need to have a serious discussion and get it all out there.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:12 am