For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

News?

John Quinn
    John Quinn

News? Empty News?

Post by John Quinn Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:51 am

As Vincent came into the office, Quinn looked up at him. He seemed concerned about something and was uncharacteristically rushed…

“I am very sorry to interrupt your day, Mr. Quinn, but this I thought you should see…”

Quinn watched as Vincent turned on the television and slipped to news channel showing a looped video of a well-known reporter shifting to animal form on camera. Quinn simply leaned his head back and shook it in disbelief. How could people be so stupid? Hadn't they seen how much turmoil vampires alone had caused the humans? As the footage closed out, Vincent turned the screen off and handed him a data pad from one of their unofficial observation points in town.

It seemed to be footage from one of the mini cams at Merlotte’s bar. He paused for a second, bracing himself, before starting the video. As the video streamed on the data pad, he saw the bartender, Sam, come out from behind the bar and call everyone’s attention then shifting into a dog, of all things, right in front of everyone. Quinn was beginning to think that the world has started going mad again. He had to watch the video three times before he convinced himself it was real.

“Vincent, has there been any ripples in the supernatural community recently that I should be made aware of? Something has to have sparked this. I want to know where it began, and who is responsible. There Old Packs that will not take this lightly. There have been treaties and accords in place for generations against this kind of overt revelation. What idiots decided to take it upon themselves to shatter generations of bonds and trust?”

When Quinn looked at Vincent again, his face was pale with fear. The last time Quinn spoke of the old treaties, there was almost a pack war in the Congo…

“I’m going to be going to the Compton Estate to check on Jessica and her condition. By the time I get back, I want answers not excuses.”

Vincent nodded quietly before answering…

“Of course Sir, it will be done. I will take care of it personally.”

Quinn said nothing else, but nodded to Vincent as he headed toward the garage…

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 7:39 pm