For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Family Dinner

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
    Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

Family Dinner Empty Family Dinner

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:22 am

I forced a smile when daddy said we were going to Church for this evenings service. Never mind the fact that we were going again Sunday, he had to attend each one so that we were better Christians. Eden and I both rolled our eyes behind his back and giggled in the backseat. Once at Church we were forced to sit still and be quiet. My mind kept wondering off as I looked around at the cross where Jesus hung. The stained glass windows depicting things from the bible. I had so many questions and a bit of doubt about some of the things we were supposed to believe but I always kept my mouth shut. Either that or get hit and I had enough bruises underneath my clothes to last me a while. I have to be honest in saying I wasn't really listening to the sermon I was more concerned with wondering how someone could possibly stand the pain of being nailed to a cross and not just dying instantly from the pain and shock. I couldn't stand that amount of pain, it had to be great. For doing what he did I accepted him as my lord and savior. It made me sad to think about it.

After the service was over daddy suggested dinner at Merlotte's but mama wasn't so thrilled about it since it was also a bar. And where a bar was, daddy drank. Not a lot but enough to get irritable and bossy. Taking our seats in the booth we waited to be serviced. The red head waitress was nice and I liked her color hair, it was much deeper than my own color. There were so many different kind of people here, I tried to keep my eyes down but found them wondering around. The blonde waitress looked really nice, she had been talking to a tall bald man earlier and he looked...dangerous. But very very good looking. Resting my chin on my palm I watched him leave with a woman who was perfect in every way. I often wondered if I'd fall in love one day, get married, have kids.

"Stop day dreamin' and order will you Jess." Eden's small voice pulled me from my thoughts."Oh I'm sorry I'll uh...have a cheeseburger and fries with chili and cheese." Handing her back the menu I went back to dreaming about what my life would be like when I was 18 and able to leave the house. Only one more year....

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:26 pm