For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

The Safe Room

Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry

The Safe Room Empty The Safe Room

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 6:16 pm

After sunset, I quickly showered and dressed at fast speeds. Vincent wondered what my rush was and I said I had to meet Bill about something. He accepted that answer and left me. Grabbing my bags I started for the door. "Oh uh Vinny, keep this between us. Bill didn't want anyone to know I was meeting him tonight. It's uh...personal. Thanks." I smiled and rushed out the door to my car and drove to my place. Opening it for the first time in a month and a half I smiled and smelled the fresh paint and sawdust. They'd did so good on the specifications I wanted downstairs. Rushing upstairs I looked at my new blackout windows and wondered how they all worked. Looking at my watch I knew Alcide would be here soon, so I headed back downstairs and took a seat at the bar and swiveled around with a giggle.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

The Safe Room Empty Re: The Safe Room

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed May 01, 2013 6:23 pm

After showering and dressing in a nice pair of jeans and fitted black tshirt, he climbed into the freshly washed truck and pulled away to head for the vampire's house before sunset. He wanted to arrive just after dark and be prompt. The trees green and lush from the rain and warm weather, it was still warm when he stopped in front of the house. Stepping out and straightening his shirt and pants. His fingers threaded threw the thick dark stands. Going up the steps quickly he knocked on the door and waited for the vamp to answer.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 6:27 pm

I heard his footsteps before he knocked and rushed to the door to open it. "Mr. Herveaux, thanks come on in." I stepped aside to allow him to enter and beamed with excitement. I wanted to see everything and most importantly see the safe room and put something there. I still hadn't had a chance to look in what he gave me but I was planning on it...tonight.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed May 01, 2013 6:32 pm

Nodding his head and giving her a polite business smile. "Miss Hamby, if you are ready I have several things to show you before we get to the room." Coming into the entrance and looking around the room to make sure the men hadn't left anything out of place and left it clean.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 6:44 pm

I nodded eagerly and smiled. "Yes, of course. I understand. Please, do what you must." I stepped back and closed the front door then turned back to him and waited for him to show me everything. "Oh! Where are my manners? Would you care for something to drink?"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed May 01, 2013 7:09 pm

Going over to the living room window and parting the heavy curtains, he picked up a remote. Several buttons ensured he could access everything. Pressing the first heavy shutters closed around the house. Pressing one below it the room darkened to just emegency lights. Handing her the remote he started to explain. "The top left button is the automatic shutters. The one below shutters the door and any other access to your home. The one's to the right open the house back up."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 7:30 pm

I watched him use the remote and open the shutters to block out the sun, the other one was for security that basically sealed the house shut from the inside. Looking around at the steel barriers surrounding the glass windows I gasped. "Wow...just wow." I smiled bigger and nodded. "Very bad ass...What else?"

I was now giddy and excited to see more. He'd so far done better than I could have ever expected. My security was far better than Bill's, but I didn't have the age he had, so I couldn't be too cautious.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed May 01, 2013 7:37 pm

Nodding he motioned to the first safe area. "If you will please take yourself to the next room and look to the cabinets that hold the movies and such. I will show you how to access the down stairs safe area."

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 7:40 pm

I looked curiously at him and wondered what he did to the build in entertainment center but nodded and did as he said. Walking into the living room I looked at the center where all my DVDs were lined up and looked back at him. "Okay, what about it? Did you make some secret door?" I asked all too excitedly and then smiled and contained myself.
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed May 01, 2013 7:45 pm

*Going over to the right side it still had room around it. "Open the door there is a finger print scanner hidden in the wood only your print will open it and once I show you no one else will know where it is. Latest camo technology." Pointing to an area on the second shelf you couldn't tell it wasn't the entertainment center. Letting her put her thumb on it to open. The same deal was upstairs in the bathroom so she had multiple rooms. "I had a ward placed on it, but unfortunately the witch doesn't remember doing it now." A slight smirk since it really required two witches one to do the ward and one to make the first forget without questions.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 7:55 pm

I did as he said and placed my thumb on the wood and heard a very faint beeping noise then the entertainment center broke apart and opened like double doors. I stood there gaping as I looked at Alcide with wide eyes. "Oh my god. That's amazing." I stepped forward and looked at the code panel then back at him. "What's the code?"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed May 01, 2013 7:58 pm

"For general purposes as of right now it's 2013 but hold the pound button down til the light flashes and you can change it. The same as the one upstairs. Will this suit your security needs?" Waiting for her answer and for her to open it up and see the inside.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 8:28 pm

I smiled and turned back to the keypad and typed in 2-0-1-3 then watched as it opened and revealed stairs that led down. "That's perfect. Yes, I love it. Can I see what's downstairs?" He nodded and I took the stairs down to a basement area and looked around. It was massive with a bed and a fridge with a microwave next to it. "Is this...it. I mean...the room I asked for?"
    Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

Post by Alcide Herveaux Wed May 01, 2013 8:31 pm

"Well yes I hope this was done well enough. The one upstairs is just enough room to sleep in the thumb pad is in the bottom corner of the medicine chest. The same access code as this. Is it acceptable Ma'am?" Vamps could be demanding he hoped he had done the job to her specs.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Wed May 01, 2013 8:57 pm

I nodded and looked around. There was a picture on the wall and instinctively I moved it to see another large safe looking thing. I typed in 2-0-1-3 and it popped open. Perfect. I turned to look at him. "Thank you so so very much. This is...just perfect. How much do I owe you?" He told me the price and even though it was pricey I wrote out a check and knew I'd have that in my bank account. I handed it over and smiled. "It was a pleasure doing business with you."

He nodded and took it, leaving me alone to look around. First things first I had to change the codes and bring some things down here and check out the bathroom one. Oh man this was perfect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content