For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

That bad feeling, that good feeling.

Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

That bad feeling, that good feeling. Empty That bad feeling, that good feeling.

Post by Amy Williams Thu May 30, 2013 9:01 pm

Amy wondered what was going on with Hoyt. The past few days he’d been distant. Leaving all day, returning late; even his thoughts were a whirlwind of anger and images. She hadn’t heard from her brother either. She hoped no news was good news but she was just nervous the elder fae’s wouldn’t allow her to remain with Hoyt.

She shook her head. She’d also been having just a bad feeling. Something bad was going to happen. She sighed as she made her way to the kitchen. She had set up the crock-pot a while ago and was checking on the food. She hadn’t told Hoyt yet about her worries. Frankly she wanted to move back to Alaska as soon as possible. She never ignored the bad feelings she got. Already she had begun to pack several things. It hadn’t been hard to find some strapping young men to help her move furniture even.

Now her home looked a bit bare but since she was going to go back to Alaska it didn’t matter. She just hoped Hoyt didn’t take this as a bad sign. She made sure things were in order before heading up to take a shower. It was a few hours till sundown so she hoped Hoyt would return soon. She missed when he was gone, he was always worrying about her safety.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Gender : Male Location : Anchorage Alaska/ Bon Temps, Louisiana

That bad feeling, that good feeling. Empty Re: That bad feeling, that good feeling.

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 5:35 am

Hoyt had not long ago left Merlotte's after having paid for his meal and drinks as he headed back to Shreveport to see Amy, he had told him momma that he was leaving with Amy to go back to Alaska and that he was not sure if he would be coming back. He didn't know why, but he had this urge to leave as soon as possible and he only hoped that Amy would feel the same about leaving.

He glanced at the envelope sitting next him in the passenger seat with Amy scribbled on it, not sure what was inside. But not wanting to peek inside he left it to the back of his mind. As he parked his truck in the garage outside Amy's, all his belongings already packed away in large rucksacks next to him. He headed straight for Amy's along with the letter in his back pocket.

Without knocking he headed straight into Amy's, locking the door behind him as he searched out Amy, seeing most of her place packed away in several boxes.

"Amy? Amy?" he called out looking for her.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

That bad feeling, that good feeling. Empty Re: That bad feeling, that good feeling.

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 7:17 am

Amy lifted her head. She'd been in the process of towel drying her hair after her shower, the rest of her body wrapped in a long plush green towel.

"I'm upstairs!" she called out, recognizing Hoyt's voice. She resumed drying her hair. Once it was semi-acceptable she let it fall in damp waves. She set one towel on a chair as she stepped into her bedroom. She rummaged for some comfortable clothes, something to keep the heat at bay since it seemed to never really cool off here in Shreveport.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 11:37 am

"I'm upstairs!"

He heard her calling out as he headed upstairs and knew that she would be in her bedroom. He knocked on the door as he popped his head inside and saw that she was only dressed in a green towel. He turned and shielded his eyes as he knew that Amy was very closed off when it came to revealing to her body.

"Sorry....Do you want me to wait downstairs?" he asked covering his eyes.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 11:46 am

Amy chuckled. "It's alright Hoyt...we're.. a couple after all right?" she said softly. She had never been bare around Hoyt but since things were beginning to change between them, not to mention how the fae were putting pressure on them both.
    She slipped on some simple boyshorts under her towel then put on a bra before letting the towel drop. At least now she could slip on a long shirt she wanted to wear.

She turned around and hugged Hoyt once she was semi dressed. "I missed you... are you ok?" she asked softly, looking up at him.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 11:57 am

Hoyt smirked as he felt her arms wrap around him from behind as he turned and peaked and saw that she was at least partly dresses.

"I am...Better for seeing you though" he smirked.

He reached into his pocket and pulled out the envelope with Amy's name on it.

"I found this in my truck. You must have left it there" he shrugged and handed her the letter.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 12:04 pm

Amy blinked. She didn't recall leaving any letters in Hoyt's truck. With a shrug she took it, sat on her bed and opened it, pulling out a piece of paper from it.

"Wonder what it is..."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 12:08 pm

"Something private I guess" he shrugged.

He dropped his arms from her side as he moved to sit on the edge of her bed as he let her carry on reading her letter, not sure what it was or who it was from. But he recognized the scribbling similar to his own, but he did not remember writing it. As he slid of his boots and slid them across his floor as he looked around the room.

"All packed and ready to go?" he asked.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 12:16 pm

Amy began to read the letter. It was from Hoyt. Basically stating he had a vampire glamour away all his past. He didn't want to remember his first love, his best friend, nothing but the memories of her.

"Oh Hoyt..." she whispered softly as she put the letter away. No one could escape their past, and who knew if the glamour would last with her around but she hoped that it gave him a bit of peace for whatever it was worth.

She put the letter away then nodded.

"Yeah....I just have this bad feeling you know? I feel like I shouldn't be here in Shreveport... something bad is going to happen but I don't know what"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 12:21 pm

"Ain't nothin gonna happen to you while I am here...I promised your brother I would protect you, and I will....To hell with the fairies or King fairies and what they say" he smirked.

He pulled her into his lap as he gazed into her eyes.

"I know vampires like Sookie because of her blood....But i don't want you for your blood..I love you, you have made me the happiest man alive" he smirked.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 12:24 pm

She nodded and even chuckled when he spoke. She placed her hand on his chest.
    "I know Hoyt...but still...I can't shake this feeling. Like...we shouldn't be here... that we should be back in Alaska where it's safe" she said as she looked up at him.

"Maybe I'm just overthinking things..."
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 12:26 pm

"Alright...If that is what you want...We will leave first thing tomorrow morning...I already called Darren. My job at the rig is still there if i want it..I just want to make you happy Amy" he smirked softly.

He raised her eyes to meet his own.

"I ain't gonna let anything happen to you" he whispered.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 12:34 pm

Amy smiled and kissed him gently. "I know you will Hoyt" she said before she stood up and smiled.

"Are you hungry? I was making some stew in the crock-pot earlier...should be done by now. Unless you wanna call in to that bbq place you like" she said with a playful look.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 12:40 pm

"I would love some of your stew, but i already ate....I can eat later when i am hungry later" he smirked.

He looked around her room and saw all of possessions packed away in boxes. Everything he had was packed in large rucksacks in the front of his truck.

"Look, i know its early an all, but i want us to get a place together...If you want that is? No pressure or anything...I just don't want to leave you alone when all them fairies are out there wanting to take you away from me" he hated the idea of leaving her alone when he could loose her.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 12:51 pm

She smiled. She had a very tiny cottage up in Alaska because it was so cold. She nodded. "A place for us would be nice. That way you can go to work in the rig and me at the Dinner and you wouldn't have to worry" she said.

It would be nice to live with Hoyt. Their own place... where they could spend nights together and care for eachother.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 12:58 pm

"I don't need to go back straight away, i gots money we can use to do stuff. I wanna spend more time with you before i go back to the rig..And you don't need to go back to work just yet, unless you want to" he added.

He wouldn't have minded if Amy never went back to work again, he would work and take care of her, but he knew that she wouldn't have any of that.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 1:13 pm

She chuckled and put her hand on her hip. "Hoyt I don't want to eat away all the money you've saved... besides.. we'd need that money if we're getting a place of our own up there" she said as she sat down nearby.

"Besides...I'm sure the guys at the rig could use you... you're such a hard worker after all"
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 1:28 pm

"Well..." he stuttered.

He didn't know when would be the best time to tell her this.

"I already have a place....Betty and George's place..They left it for me in their will. I have it in my truck. I figured we could stay there for a while, until we save until we get a bigger place" he smirked, imagining the possibilities "Just imagine it, a nice big house...front yard for the kids"
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 1:41 pm

Amy blinked then smiled. "I didn't know they left that place for you, that was mighty nice of them" she said as she crossed her legs, the shirt she wore riding up a bit and showing off her legs.

"Well... lets take it a step at a time.. then we can think about big yards and kids" she said with a chuckle.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 1:44 pm

"Of course....Take it slow just like you want" he smirked.

He soon felt a yawn consume him as his stretched above his head as he craned his neck.

"It's a long drive tomorrow...We should get some sleep. Gotta be up early to leave this place" he grinned.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 1:56 pm

She nodded and smiled. "Go shower then...I'll put some food away and join you shortly" she said as she stood and kissed his cheek.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 2:06 pm

"Alright...As you wish" he joked as he began peeling his sweaty shirt over his head and dropped it on the floor as he headed into the bathroom, leaving the door partly open to let out the steam.

He turned on the shower as he felt the blast of the hot steam hit his skin as he peeled his jeans off and dropped them on the floor as he hopped into the shower.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 2:14 pm

She watched him go and smiled. She went downstairs to the kitchen and began putting food away. At least they would have plenty of food for the ride.

Afterwards she went back upstairs, carrying some fresh towels.

"I brought you some towels Hoyt..." she called out from outside the bathroom.
    Hoyt Fortenberry
    Hoyt Fortenberry

Post by Hoyt Fortenberry Fri May 31, 2013 2:21 pm

"Thanks Amy!" he called out to her from the shower.

Almost everything was packed away that he owned so he opted to use some of Amy's shower cream on his skin as he lathered it up across his chest and across his arms as he let the steaming hot water trickle over his skin, raising his face to the full brunt of the hot water.

He was not in there long enough as he turned off the water and shook his body free from water, shaking his head to rid the water out of his ears as he popped his head out from behind the door, trying to keep himself covered as much as possible.

"Do you mind handing me a towel?" he smirked bashfully.
    Amy Williams
    Amy Williams

Post by Amy Williams Fri May 31, 2013 2:24 pm

She chuckled as she walked in and handed him a towel. "Relax... sadly my brother has schooled me well in how guys look naked. He has no shame and seems allergic to clothes" she joked before she stepped outside so Hoyt wouldn't feel embarrassed. She set the rest of the towels on chair near the bathroom door before she went into the bedroom .

She was still packing away some clothes, knowing the rest would be sent to her via her brother.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 8:30 am