For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

A feeling in the air

Alcide Herveaux
    Alcide Herveaux

A feeling in the air Empty A feeling in the air

Post by Alcide Herveaux Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:48 pm

{They had been back a little over a week now, and things had gone back to normal. She went back to work, despite his requests that she wait. He couldn't exactly tell her he had a gut feeling that something was coming, Sookie didn't think that way. She wouldn't sit and wait around for the bad, she would only worry when the bad presented itself. He continued to reflect back on those five sweet days he had her all to himself, secluded at the bed and breakfast in the outskirts of New Orleans. It was the most relaxed she had been since he had met her. Unfortunately, they had to return home. They both had jobs and real life meant reality of it all. Now, he laid propped up by his elbow next to her, watching her sleep. She had the day shift at Merlotte's and from what he gathered, it was a long one. He'd called and asked Sam to let Sookie work more days then nights, that way she was home at night and he could protect her. There was this deep feeling in his gut that something wasn't right, and today at work, he was proven to be right.}

~Earlier~

"Yo, Al! Throw me that hammer will ya?"

"Come on Hank, you know that's a safety hazard. You won't catch it and it'll knock you in the head. Maybe giving you some sense."

{All his guys chuckled, even Hank. Hank was the silly one out the bunch. A fellow were, but he was a hard worker. Just didn't take much seriously. After climbing down the ladder to fetch his own hammer, he came up to Alcide and whispered low.}

"Went for a run last night since the change in temperature made it nice and cool, and I uh...I felt something."

{Alcide cocked a brow.} "Felt something? Like...?"

"I don't know man, I just have this feeling some bad shit is about to go down. Vampire shit...I heard some of the guys talking. Apparently the vampire king here is at war with some chick from Texas."

{He sighed heavily, hearing Hank's words. If anyone would know the local gossip, it would be Hank. He always hung around the shadiest bars and got the scoop on everything vampire or were related. Alcide knew the vampire king was Bill Compton, but the chick from Texas was news to him. He sighed and shook his head.}

"Hank, for your sake...you should stay out of it. I know you like a good fight, but let those fangers do what they need to do. It don't concern our kind, no use in bringing on a war when there shouldn't be one."

"I know, I know. Ain't like I wanna be in it, it's just what I heard. Those Texan vamps I hear are pretty bad ass. Not as much as we are though." {Hank chuckled and Alcide shook his head, going back to hammering a nail into a board, harder than need be. Damn vampires....}

~Present~

{He ran his fingertips softly down her arm, watching as she peacefully slept. He couldn't sleep and seeing her okay, peaceful, and safe...it helped him to relax a bit. If he had to, he'd take her away again just to ensure she remained that way. He'd do anything for her....anything.}

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 1:35 am