For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Something is wrong

Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Something is wrong Empty Something is wrong

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:28 am

Sam could feel it, something was wrong but he didn't know what. After he did a few things for the bar, he decided to close it down for a few days and have Terry reopen it when he gave the word. Right now things were just too hectic. He packed his own bag and grabbed his keys as he limped with the large boot on his leg. Wincing at the pain, he couldn't take any more pain pills until bed time due to them causing him to knock off quickly. He had to drive to Martha's farm house and needed to focus. 

Opening the passenger side of the jeep, he tossed his bag in and hobbled on over to the other side to get into the drivers side. He started the ignition and put the jeep in drive, finding it hard to get comfortable behind the wheel with the large contraption on his leg. 

After a forty five minute drive, he pulled into the drive. Smiling because he would soon see his girls, he grabbed his bag and headed towards the door. He knocked and Martha answered, stepped to the side and allowed him in. -Thanks for doing this for us, Martha.-

"I found out what you're running from, Sam. Why didn't you tell me you've been exposed? That poses a greater risk to all of us."

Sam sighed and shook his head. -Right now that's not important. What is, is that I need to see my Fiance and Emma. I need to make sure they're safe and keep it that way.- He passed her and searched for Luna.

"Last room on the left." He heard Martha call out. Following her instructions, he knocked on the last door on the left and waited.

-Luna, it's me...Sam.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Something is wrong Empty Re: Something is wrong

Post by Luna Garza Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:47 am

Luna wiped at her face, the thin sheen of sweat covering her brow sure to tell him that she was in labor. She turned to look at Emma and whispered for her not to say anything about the baby; Emma smiled and nodded before running to the door and throwing it open. She wrapped her little arms around Sam's legs, kissed his hip and then ran off to play with her Gramma Martha. 

"Hey there, baby daddy," Luna said softly with a grin as she shifted on the bed and tried to make herself more comfortable. This pregnancy had been so different than Emma's. She was miserable most days, and emotional as hell on all the others. 

"How was the drive?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:50 am

He placed a hand on Emma's back as she ran to him and chuckled. -Hey there princess.- "Hey Sam! I'm going play with Gramma." She darted off and he watched with a smile. Setting the bag down next to the door, he walked in further and closed the door behind him. Grinning at her words, he ran a hand through his hair and sighed. 

-Hey beautiful. The drive was...well pretty long. She really does live in the middle of no where, lots of room to run in the woods.- Moving over to sit on the side of the bed next to her, he leaned forward and kissed her lips softly. Pulling back with a grin -damn, you don't know how much I've missed you.- He placed a gentle hand on her abdomen and eyes widened. -Wow, is it supposed to be so...hard?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:17 am

She shifted uncomfortably on the bed, put her hand over his and gave a squeeze, while ignoring his question.

"Emma loves it here. Martha is trying to convince me to let her...." She stopped mid-sentence, took a deep breath and then smiled as she let it out, continuing on like nothing had happened. "Let her join the pack. I won't do it, Sam."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:20 am

-Baby, is something wrong? You look...pale. And you're sweating.- He reached up to touch her forehead and felt how cold her skin was. A cold sweat, something wasn't right. The news was loud and he went to turn it down when he saw what they were talking about. Replaying the clip of her shifting from Steve to herself. He felt his stomach clench and his body go rigid. Quickly shutting the television off he turned to her. -I...- He cleared his throat and shook his head. -I think we should get you to a hospital, you don't look so good.-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:23 am

She shook her head again, her eyes going to the TV and her breathing coming more shallow. 

"I'm fine. Just... the news got to me is all. I'm tired of seeing that."

She looked at Sam and frowned, worry in her eyes.  

"How much shit do you think that I just caused for us?"
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:30 am

-Doesn't matter. They will not touch you, Emma or our child. I will make sure of it.- He sighed and took her hand and touching the side of her face to soothe her worry. -I need you to relax, all this stress isn't good for our baby. Are you sure you're alright...and don't lie to me Luna.- He looked at her pointedly and waited to hear the truth.
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:46 am

She sighed and chewed on her bottom lip, not meeting his gaze but instead staring out the window. She could see, and hear, Emma laughing and playing in the yard. She loved it here. 

Letting out another sigh, she shifted again and closed her eyes against the pain that was becoming more and more constant, looked into his eyes and let out a breath.

"I'm in labor."
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:49 am

He waited for her to answer him and when she did, she said those three words he feared for nine months. He swallowed hard and stood quickly. -Well, we gotta go. I mean..you're...labor...that's...the baby is coming....like now?- 

He was suddenly in a panic and looked around the room wondering what to grab first, Luna or the bag...the bag or Luna. Was it packed, did they have everything? His heart started to race and he started to sweat too. He looked at her with panicked eyes. -What do I do?-
    Luna Garza
    Luna Garza

Post by Luna Garza Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:54 am

She laughed softly and shook her head, reaching out for him and pulling him back on the bed. She had done some major thinking in the past few days, and for her safety, she wasn't comfortable going to the hospital. 

"Don't worry about the bag. I'm going to have Peanut here. I'm not going to a hospital, not when all that shit is playing over the TV." She shook her head and winced again; it felt like a bowling ball was in her stomach now, and she needed to stretch.

Giving him another pat on his leg, she slid off the bed and took a step before she looked down at her feet. Her eyes went wide and she turned slightly to look at Sam.

"Oh. Shit." 

Her water had officially broken.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:47 am