For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

The Mysterious Mr Black

John Quinn
    John Quinn

The Mysterious Mr Black Empty The Mysterious Mr Black

Post by John Quinn Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Quinn watched through the barred window as the black SUV rolled into the visitor's parking area and the diver got out. He had to chuckle, seeing who it was. He moved to his bunk and laid down. This had all been explained last night after he was told of Mr. Black's interest. He did have to give the warden points for creativity. This wing was under construction and as such was patrolled by guards regularly as well as being open to construction crews and such. It would be easy enough to slip into one of the groups, appropriately dressed. The warden had already taken the liberty of "losing" the file with all his information. This seemed suspicious until he saw 'Mr. Black' get out of the SUV. Now everything started to make sense. Quinn stood, adjusting the tool belt and checking his watch. The crews would be going to lunch soon. Perfect timing to slip into the crowd and out into the parking area.

When the workers started filing by, he slipped into their ranks,filing out past the guards, who simply nodded as he passed them. He walked into the visitation hall and joined 'Mr. Black' in heading out to the waiting car. Once they were inside, Quinn smiled and they rolled out of the prison. Anton handed him a small laptop.

"Vincent said you have been out of touch so I did a bit of digging and put together a video file to bring you up to speed. Some is basic news footage, more is from security footage from a facility that has come to light recently. Some of it may be hard to watch, but I wanted to make certain you could hit the ground running, so to speak. Vincent dropped off a care package at the Marriott in your normal suite. Do you want to go there now?

Quinn did not answer right away. He was watching the footage that Anton had provided. As they approached the outskirts of Shreveport, he closed the laptop.

"Stop here, Anton. You've done more than enough today. I'll walk from here. I need to think about things anyway..."

Anton pulled off the the shoulder and watched as Quinn climbed out, leaving the tool belt and hardhat behind. Quinn reached back in, pulling a pair of sunglasses out of the tool belt and smiled.

"Thank you for the assistance, Anton. I will not forget it. I'll make sure you get a nice bonus for going above and beyond. One of these days you will have to tell me what you did to get the warden to agree to your terms."

"Mr.Qinn. The warden and I go way back...and he had always had enough sense to agree to my....suggestions when they come up. Let's just leave it at that..."

"Oh course, Anton. We all have our secrets. Tell Vincent that I will be home in a few days. I have some things to attend to first..."

Quinn walked to the edge of the shoulder, looking down over the city. Yes...much to set in motion before he loses the ability to be out in the sun.

The Mysterious Mr Black 41279110

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 1:07 am