For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

+3
Maxine Fortenberry
Sookie Stackhouse
Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry
7 posters

Thirsty Thursday...literally

Thirsty Thursday...literally Empty Thirsty Thursday...literally

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 6:16 pm

I clocked in twenty minutes early and saw we had a crowd. Seemed everyone decided to come to Merlotte's tonight. Maxine was there looking like she was waiting on someone, Jane was at the bar as usual. Tara rolling her eyes as Jane hit on Mark Spencer the coroner, Sam was pulling reciepts, Lafayette was cooking up a storm. I was taking over Arlene's tables and Sookie was working tonight with me. I smiled...it had been a few days since I seen her, and everytime I did...we were always so busy I never had time to talk to her. I rushed to Sam's office to grab my apron, pen and order pad and stuffed my keys and phone in my cubby. Hadn't seen Jason in a few days and I was starting to worry.

As I came out of the office, Bud Dearborne and his gang of dancers strutted in with another trophy. Looks like they won again. They were seated in my area and I smiled, knowing I'd get a good tip.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Thirsty Thursday...literally Empty Re: Thirsty Thursday...literally

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu May 17, 2012 6:33 pm

<I was still walking slightly bowlegged thanks to my vigorous love making session last night with Eric. I saw Jessica over near the bar and gave her a grin.> Hey, sweetheart! <I walked over and gave her a quick hug before stepping back. It was hard to believe she had almost been my "step daughter" at one point, and I still felt odd being alone with her at times>

Tips should be good tonight! <I said happily as I tied my apron around my waist and pulled out my order pad>

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 6:49 pm

I nodded and smiled back at her. "Hey yourself, stranger! It's been a while." It was kinda weird how one minute she was almost my step-mom and another she could possibly be my sister-in-law. If that wasn't Louisiana I don't know what was. I looked back at the table as Bud and his friends sat down and began looking at their menus. "Yeah, should be! Never had this big a crowd before, hope I don't screw it up." I said with a smile. My stomach grumbled a little and I knew I should have drank one of those stupid True Bloods...great.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu May 17, 2012 7:00 pm

<I looked at her and frowned> You..... need to eat. <I smiled at her and went to grab her a drink. I sighed and took a few deep breaths; the drunken thoughts were a bit much tonight, not to mention how everything was amplified since I had Eric's blood in me. I was shocked that Jessica hadn't picked up on it; Sam certainly had. He was watching me like a hawk, his eyes not leaving me as I moved.>

<DING went the microwave and I pulled it out before taking it to her> My treat. <I knew how much she hated the stuff, but she had to have something.> My finger is finally better! <echoed through the bar and I rolled my eyes; Jane had started early this evening.>

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 7:15 pm

I took the bottle from her and smiled. "Thank you, Sookie. You are too sweet." I took a sip from the bottle and there was an awkward silence between us. I could smell her blood mixed with someone elses. My guess was Eric Northman...but who was I to judge. Just because she and Bill didn't work out I guess it wasn't my business. Bud Dearborne whistled and I turned to look at him. I turned back to Sookie and tilted my head to the side. "Guess I better go take that order. Thanks again...Let me know if you need anything." I turned and looked at my hand wondering what to do with the bottle of blood. I placed it on the bar and flashed back to the table. The customers gawking at me as I tried to ignore it.

"What can I getcha tonight?"

After taking the order for seven people I smiled and let them know I'd be right out with their drinks. After placing the large order on the wheel, Lafayette looked at me and shook his spatula. "Aw hell, all these orders on a Thursday? People don't know howta cook?" I shook my head and smiled. Turning to go to the bar for my drink order I handed it to Tara and she started on it. Sookie looked happy. As long as she was happy, even if it wasn't with Bill...then I guess things were right.
    Maxine Fortenberry
    Maxine Fortenberry

Post by Maxine Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 7:26 pm

~Maxine had decided to go out to Merlotte's for a nice dinner. She was lonely staying home alone. Since she'd disowned Hoyt for being so hard headed and mean to her because of that vamper Jessica Hamby, and after losing Tommy she was more withdrawn. Luckily Summer had been spending time with her keeping her company. She wanted desperately to win Hoyt over and Maxine knew that was a lost cause. There were many cars in the lot, which meant it was busy. She grabbed her purse and made her way out of her car. She picked her usual booth and prayed for a waitress who knew what she was doing. And no vampers either.~
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu May 17, 2012 7:37 pm

Oh joy.... <I muttered under my breath as I headed towards Maxine's table. I plastered what I hoped looked like a genuine smile on my face> Hey, Ms. Fortenberry! What can I getcha tonight? <I asked as I tucked a stray bit of hair behind my ear and moved the rest to cover the fresh marks on my neck> The okra is extra good tonight! And Terry made "Terry Scramble" earlier; it's pretty good, too. <Please, just order already.... I could "see" what she thought about the marks on my neck, could feel her staring where they were covered by my hair. Gently moved my hand up to touch the marks, a blush coming across my face>
    Claude Crane
    Claude Crane

Post by Claude Crane Thu May 17, 2012 7:42 pm

*I knew I couldn't take much more being alone, so I headed over to Merlotte's to hopefully get to see Sookie and talk to her. I missed being around her, so I got dressed to impress cause you just never know and headed that way. I walked into the bar and looked around. I seen Sookie and waved and smiled at her, already feeling a lot better. I looked around at all the people and found an empty booth and sat down.*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu May 17, 2012 7:47 pm

I looked up as a new person entered the bar, never seeing him before I nodded nicely to the man. He smelt different, wasn't human thats for sure. I knew I better keep and eye out for him, in case he caused any trouble. He seemed to notice Sookie right off and I shook my head. How many men were after this woman? I rubbed the back of my neck and went to the back to get more cases of beer.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Lafayette rung the bell and I knew my large order was up. Vampire speed came in handy as I grabbed four plates and sped to the table setting them down. "Here you are, Mr. Dearborne. Chicken fried steak dinner, Here you are ma'am, gumbo dinner, here you are sir, fried shrimp platter...and here you are ma'am fried fish dinner." I turned to go back to the window and grabbed the last three plates, rushing back to the table. "Here you are sir, steak medium rare. Here you are sir Gumbo dinner, and here you are ma'am Seafood platter." I turned to refill their drinks and quickly filled them back up. "Anything else I can getcha?" I said with a smile.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu May 17, 2012 8:15 pm

<LaLa was on a roll tonight, throwing out orders almost as quickly as we could put them in.> Thanks, babe! <I hollered as I grabbed Maxine's order (gumbo and cornbread) and took it over to her> Here ya go, Ms. Fortenberry! Let me know if you need something else. <She actually smiled at me as she took a bite out of her cornbread> It's good. Tell Sam thanks. <I smiled and nodded again before heading to my other table. Dear Lord in Heaven, it was busy and I was already dreaming of getting a hot shower tonight.>

<I saw Claude sitting in the corner and squealed quietly before running over and wrapping my arms around him> CLAUDE!!!
    Maxine Fortenberry
    Maxine Fortenberry

Post by Maxine Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 8:19 pm

I looked up at Sookie and smiled. The first time my food was actually on time. And warm...and good. She was a pretty good waitress even though she did run with vampers. I watched her hug another man and mumbled...that girl was always hanging around one man or another. She sure got around.
    Claude Crane
    Claude Crane

Post by Claude Crane Thu May 17, 2012 8:22 pm

*Watching Sookie take that woman her order, I could feel how much she didn't like this woman and I just had to laugh. She turned and looked at me and the biggest smile came over her face. I wrapped my arms around her the same time she did and we just held onto each other for a second and I pulled back and asked "How have you been? We're never home at the same time anymore?" *Instantly feeling a thousand times better than before*
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu May 17, 2012 8:25 pm

I emerged from the stock room with a case of liquor and saw Sookie hugging the stranger. I stopped sighed and headed to the bar to stock it. Tara looked at me and started helping, shaking her head and nodding towards the guy. "Chill the hell out Sam, thats Sookie's COUSIN..." I felt like a fool, but luckily I didn't say anything to Sookie and look like an ass. I restocked the bar and decided to go on and call Jane a cab before she really lost it.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 8:29 pm

I headed to the bar and grabbed the two whiskey sours for table 3 and as I passed Sookie I caught this amazing scent. I'd never smelled anything or anyone so delicious before. My fangs dropped before I could think and I turned to Sookie and her friend and dropped the drinks on table 3 and looked down. "I'm so sorry!" I said as I rushed to the bathroom. Oh but he was so handsome...and smelled so good.
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Thu May 17, 2012 8:33 pm

Eric drove to the bar in Bon Temps. After a really wild party with Pam he left her with her gifts. Right now he just wanted to take Sookie away and resume what they'd been doing in her bedroom up until she said she had to go work. Sometimes he REALLY just wanted to smack that shifter and take Sookie away forever. He really hated that she worked for a man who had the hots for her. He parked his car and headed into the bar, smelling Sookie, a full blooded fairy, Jessica and the shifter.
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu May 17, 2012 8:35 pm

I was home today..... <I said before immediately starting to blush; he didn't need to know about my sex life. I saw Jessica run off and sighed, turning back to him and kissing his cheek> I gotta go check on her. I'll be back soon, though! Don't leave! <kissing his cheek again, I rushed past Sam, immediately sighing. He was upset about me and Claude. Thank heavens for Tara. I got to the bathroom door and knocked twice before pushing it open.>

Jess? You in here? <I still had a soft spot for her, even when I knew she didn't particularly care for me. I heard her in one of the stalls and sighed as I went and leaned against the door.> You okay?
    Maxine Fortenberry
    Maxine Fortenberry

Post by Maxine Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 8:37 pm

~Maxine looked up smugly and shook her head. "Vampers" She mumbled. She knew all they wanted was to bite everyone. New person in Merlotte's and her fangs come out. How is Sam running a business with waitresses like that. She sat there and ate her dinner really wanting to ask Sam what his deal was. Did he think they brought attraction.~
    Claude Crane
    Claude Crane

Post by Claude Crane Thu May 17, 2012 8:46 pm

"Im not going anywhere" I said to her as she leaned in and kissed my cheek again. I watched her leave and the look on her boss's face as he was looking at me, I could tell he didn't like me. *Shrugging my shoulder's, I settled back in my seat. I looked up in time to see Eric walk through the door and he didnt look happy at all and I would assume because he didnt like Sookie's boss, due to the way he was staring at him* There is never a dull moment around this town and Im starting to feel really good.
    Sam Merlotte
    Sam Merlotte

Post by Sam Merlotte Thu May 17, 2012 8:50 pm

I sighed and looked down as I seen the vampire Eric walk in. He was Sookie's boyfriend lately and I wasn't too happy about it and I wasn't ashamed to admit it. Sookie was always getting into all kinds of trouble and it was all because of those vampires. First Bill...now him. It was gonna get Sookie killed and I knew it. I watched Sookie follow Jessica to the bathroom after she accidently got excited or whatever it was called when those fangs pop out. I turned my back to the vampire and started collecting from the till that was overflowing. I'd let Tara take his order if he had one...because for Sookie's sake I didn't wanna argue.
    Lafayette Reynolds
    Lafayette Reynolds

Post by Lafayette Reynolds Thu May 17, 2012 9:05 pm

Sneaking through the back way Lafayette passed Sams office and headed towards the kitchen from break. Pulling on his apron he pulled his hair back and wrapped a scarf around his head. Applying lip gloss he smirked as he heard the crowd outside "Sounds like the foos is outs tonight" he began to mix the burger meat and got to work.

Post by Jessica Hamby-Fortenberry Thu May 17, 2012 9:07 pm

I was horrified and heard Sookie enter the ladies' room. She asked if I was okay. "Yeah..I'm fine. Just embarrassed." I opened the door and wiped away the blood tear. "Its so frustrating and I can't help it. Tell your friend I'm sorry if I scared him." I tilted my head to the side confused. "why he smell so good anyhow?"
    Eric Northman
    Eric Northman
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Eric Northman Thu May 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Eric looked around, wondering where his Sookie was. He gave Sam a "yeah.. I'm the reason she's walking funny" look before he leaned against a wall, waiting for Sookie to emerge. Not in the mood to excite the humans and give anyone an excuse to anger him
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Thu May 17, 2012 9:21 pm

<I looked at Jess and wondered if I should tell her; I wasn't sure if she even knew about the whole faery thing. Taking a chance, I handed her a damp paper towel so she could wipe her face and then gave her a smile> Well... You know how Bill said there was something "special" about me? <She nodded and I took a deep breath> Well.... Claude, my cousin <I made sure to put emphasis on that word> is a faery. But you HAVE to stay quiet about it. Okay? <I was trusting her and I hoped I was not misplacing that trust.>

I gotta get back to work, so I'll see ya out there. <I gave her a reassuring smile, straightened my apron and went back out, smiling broadly when I felt that sweet relief of emptiness in my head.> Eric! <I called softly as I made my way to him.> What are you doing here? <Sam was looking at the two of us like we were trolls and I had to roll my eyes.> We're real busy tonight. You want a TruBlood? <I blushed slightly as I turned and felt a twinge go through me; I knew he would notice and I blushed even more as I heard him chuckle.> Hush, you. <I winked at him and went to see if Maxine needed anything else>
    Claude Crane
    Claude Crane

Post by Claude Crane Thu May 17, 2012 9:27 pm

*I could definately feel the tension in the room and it only grew more noticeable when Sookie came out of the bathroom and went directly to Eric's arms. I had nothing against him but I could tell from the emotions I was receiving from everyone around me that no one liked him. Sam's emotions were the strongest and they were very angry, so I kept my eye on him. I was hoping the girl in the bathroom was ok, I hope I didn't do anything to upset her or anything, but I could feel that she had calmed down a lot, so I exhaled and kept watching all the drama unfold here and just kept to myself* for now!!!!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:35 am