For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Unexpected

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Unexpected Empty Unexpected

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:39 am

Quinn looked curiously at the email on his screen. The logo from Delicate Touch shimmered in the background of the message, assuring confidentiality. The message itself, however, is what held his curiosity more. He read it over again.

~Mr. Jonathan Quinn,
    It has come to our attention that one of our more private clientele desires a private and confidential meeting with you. The included link at the bottom of this email will activate a secured video chat with our client on the day and time of your choosing. Please reply to this email address with your response. Please reply soon, as this is a client that is not accustomed to waiting for what she wants.~

He took a long look at the last lines again. Looking at his calender, he typed in a brief reply of 'Saturday, 7:30pm'. He sent the message off, and was about to attend to other matters when he heard a beep. The single word response email was 'Confirmed'. He thought about who this could be that wanted the meeting. Ah well, he would know soon enough.
    Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Unexpected Empty Re: Unexpected

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:20 am

The sharp edges of her crimson red nails drummed against the wood of her desk as her eyes scanned to the clock, in a few moments she would begin her video call with John Quinn. Raising her finger to her lips as she could feel a trickle of blood ruin her perfect image, licking the end of her fingertip as she savoured the blood of the one human who tested negative for the Hep V virus. Isabel glanced to the clock again as a grin slid across her face as she tapped a few keys as she clicked on a secured link that would begin the call.

Slinking back into her chair as the screen turned black as she waited for the connection to be accepted. 

Now all she had to do was wait.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:37 am

Quinn smiled as he watched the car drive away from the house. Arabella and Brianna would be gone for hours. He chuckled as he thought of them, giddy as teenagers, wandering around the Shreveport Galleria. Brianna had been working very hard at learning, and Quinn had suggested that she be rewarded with a little shopping spree. It was easy to time it so they would be gone for this call. He did not know what to expect, so he wanted as few people seen and seeing the video conference as possible. He lowered the lights down and brought back up the email. Clicking the link, he saw the loading screen with the ~Delicate Touch~ encryption background. A black box grew in the center of the screen and he clicked on it, letting the digital image clarify as looked at a face he had never expected to see again.

"I might have guessed it would be you after all this time, Isabel. A rather cryptic approach, wouldn't you say? I remember when you would come by and knock on the door at the Arena. ~he chuckled~ Of course that was before you got all proper and royal on me. To what do I owe the honor of this reunion?"
    Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:49 am

At the screen zoomed in on the figure that she had been waiting to speak with; John Quinn. A smile slid across her face as her lips curled up to show her gleaming white teeth.

"One cannot be too careful my dear friend. At times like this one must protect themselves in every way possible, besides times have changed. The times of our lustful days are over, I have a serious matter that I feel only you can complete. Are you up to the task John?" she quizzed.

Glancing to the corner of the room as the donor she had not long ago fed from sat patiently as she winked before turning her attention back to the screen.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:57 am

Her bluntness always amused him and he flashed her a knowing smile.

"Does your little pet there have ears that work, Isabel? I thought the idea was a private meeting, but yes, my knives still hold an edge. I am willing to listen to what you have in mind.Just like the old days, I will hold judgement of the job until I know the details."

He leaned back in his chair, remembering fond memories with her. She was always very adventurous, but he also remembered her deciding that she was too good to associate with a common gladiator once she began to climb the social ladder. He said nothing as she spoke about her request.
    Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:05 am

"Do not worry my friend, he is glamoured. He will not remember a thing and after tonight he will not say a word. Trust me...King Compton and his plaything are on route to Texas as we speak and he attempts to try and make peace. But you know me to well my dear friend that I do not make peace. I hear that his two progeny's remain in Louisiana, I want you to do what you do best" she told him "I would do it myself of course, but you understand I cannot have any physical ties to it. I have my Kingdom to protect" she grinned.

She knew John Quinn well enough that he would do absolutely anything for her, he always had a weakness for her. She always had him right where she wanted him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:10 am

"I would do it myself of course, but you understand I cannot have any physical ties to it. I have my Kingdom to protect"

He laughed hearing her boast.

"You have never been one to get dirt beneath your fingernails, Isabel. That is why you enjoyed having me around. You never had to. What specifically are you asking me to do. I need to know details so I can be certain what you ask is possible. I am well versed in Compton's security measures and have to be realistic. What do you, specifically, have in mind?"
    Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:14 am

"It seems that you may have had far too many knocks to the head my friend. I want you to do what you do best, torture...maybe a few torn limbs. I want their fangs on my desk and I want them both gone. Understand? I hear the newest progeny is young so she shall not be a problem for you" she grinned.

Leaning back further in her chair as she crossed her legs at the knee, exposing a bit of her flesh. She always knew how to get the Tiger growling.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:20 am

"Simple enough to arrange. I even have the access needed. Did you want one of your people along for the ride, as in the old days? He or she could hand deliver the fangs to you once the job is done. Pain is a simple thing, but it sounds like you want suffering...so much the better."

He had to play this smooth if this was going to go as he needed it to. He let her see signs of his noticing her exposing a bit more skin, as he shifted a bit in his seat. Her cold heart had long ago extinguished any flame he might have found burning for her, but she did not know that. He purposely lowered his gaze to her legs, as she would expect him to.

"It has been a long time, Isabel. Tell me, do you ever think of the times we shared? Ever consider rekindling old flames?"
    Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:27 am

"I have someone following the two of them as we speak, she is quite the beauty. He shall contact you when he had the youngest, get you all warmed up for the red head. Compton always did have a thing for the females. I always thought he was more of a man's companion myself" she grinned. 

As her hand nestled gently on her thigh as she could see that even now she still had her power over him. Letting a smirk spread across her face as she heard him speak of old times.

"John, John....You know that men no longer hold my attention. But perhaps once you accomplish this task I will be more than willing to make an exception" she grinned.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:34 am

I require a sign of trust, Isabel. As you said, in these times we must be more cautious. I want to meet this contact privately, find out what he has discovered. I have unique access to the younger progeny and do not want to accidentally kill your man in the process of acquiring my target. It would be such a shame after all. A decent spy is so hard to find."

He smirked, watching her hand. He had always found her arrogance amusing, but now he could use it to his advantage. He lifted his ears at her offer, grinning.

"You tease me, Isabel. I know your preferences these days do not fall in my direction...but perhaps we could find some form of mutual entertainment. Besides, it was not your attention that I was interesting in holding..."

He let his comment have time to sink in. He wanted her thinking he was still pining for her. This had to work, for Brianna's safety as well as Jessica's. If Isabel already had someone in place, they had to be dealt with, but subtly.
    Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 am

"My dear sweet John, your need to know everything is still the same. But you should not have any problem in knowing who my spy is as you call it. Oliver has quite the memorable face do you not agree?" she joked.

Oliver may not have been the smartest tool in the box, but he knew how to do his job. 

"I shall have him contact you immediately, but do not underestimate him John. He is quite the puppet if I do say so myself, believes in the concept of love. Fool of a man. But he will do his job, he will give you all the details that you need" she assured him "Once you have completed your part of the deal, I am sure that we can come to some arrangement" she grinned as her hand caressed her exposed flesh.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:47 am

Quinn rolled his eyes remembering the vacant gaze in Oliver's eyes.

"That idiot is your spy? Why not just ask Compton to borrow one of his own? It would probably be more subtle."

He let his gaze wander to her hand, letting his breathing catch for a moment. When he was sure she was convinced, he lifted his gaze to hers, smiling.

"Any other souvenirs wanted? A lock of hair, a favorite piece of jewelry? I know how you always loved your trophies."

He thought back to the man she knew and smirked.

"We have not yet discussed payment, Isabel. Two targets like this could fetch a high premium, even among smaller contract markets...the fact of who their maker is raises that stake a few points."

Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:53 am

"Oliver's head may be filled with air John, but he knows what he is doing. Trust me" she grinned.

Leaning onto her desk exposing the top part of her chest as she knew that would get his attention.

"Their fangs will be sufficient....and as for payment it is already wired to your account. I could always trust you not to let me down" she smirked knowingly.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:56 am

"I will await his contact then. Until then, I will plan things out. Just have to decide where I want things to go down. There is a lot of little details, but you know me, Isa..."

He openly stared at her chest, as she would expect.

"I always get the job done. I will contact you once the dying is done, unless you wanted to watch."
    Isabel Beaumont
    Isabel Beaumont
    Sheriff
    Sheriff

Post by Isabel Beaumont Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:01 pm

"Details...details. Gives me a headache...Do what you wish to them. I will not have any evidence linked back to me. I will deal with Compton and his little pet" she smiled, pouting her lips to him in a kiss "I shall contact you in three days, have the deed done. Do not let me down John Quinn" she told him.

Instantly closing the link as she ended the call, now it was back to her fun.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:08 pm

He smirked. Gods she was so predictable. Had she always been that way? didn't matter now. He went to the desk and pulled out a 'burn phone' and sent a simple message to Compton. ~LSU Update: Texas State Attempts and end run and gets caught with a quarterback sneak.~

That should hide the message from anyone who happened to see it. He just hoped Compton would understand the warning. He called the Compton Estate and told them to be subtle but to increase the protection around Jessica as best they could, and that he would explain later. He texted Arabella that they needed to cut their shopping trip short, that something had come up at home.

He had a lot to plan out, and he needed to be ready when that imbecile, Oliver, finally found his way to the house to meet with him. Nothing would stand in the way of protecting what he cared about, not even the pretentious queen of Texas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 8:44 am