For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Opening new ties and testing things

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Opening new ties and testing things Empty Opening new ties and testing things

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:36 pm

Quinn sat in the common room, his suit rumpled. He had not slept, but sat in that spot while the day past, trying to understand why she would run. Had his admission scared her?
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Opening new ties and testing things Empty Re: Opening new ties and testing things

Post by Brianna Jackson Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:46 pm

"Go to him. It will only the both of you if you do not speak with him Brianna"

Brianna simply nodded. After Matthew had excused himself to make a phone call she knew that would be to Bill, to tell him that she had been found and that she was well. She didn't know what to think about everything right now. It was all too much, Arabella, Bill...and Quinn. Something in her gut told her that something was going on, although she couldn't figure it out. She would find out one way or another. But something did not make sense, why was Bill back early? Was it because the threat or spy had been stopped? She pushed that thought to the back of her mind for now.

She turned around to see that Arabella had vacated to her room leaving Brianna alone on the corridor that led down to Quinn's office knowing that is where he would probably be. Crossing the common room that was halted in her tracks as he was there. Not in his office but sat in the common room. He hadn't seemed to have noticed that she was there. Was he mad?

"Hi" she spoke in a soft tone knowing that he would probably hear her.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Opening new ties and testing things Empty Re: Opening new ties and testing things

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:19 pm

He was startled by the voice behind him. There were few that could normally sneak up on him. He stood shakily, using the table to support himself as he turned around. When he saw who it was, he smiled silently, holding out his arms.
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:23 pm

Brianna was froze on the spot, she didn't know what to expect for him. Was he mad at her? Was he going to throw her out and send her back to Bill? But when he opened his arms and smiled at her she did not return his smile but sped to him and was engulfed in his arms as she remained there quietly.

"I'm sorry" was all that she said in a gentle whisper.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:33 pm

Quinn smiled as she ran to him. He wrapped his arms around her and kissed the top of her head as she rested against him. He just held her like that for a little while. When he finally relaxed, he spoke softly.

"You have nothing to be sorry for Brianna. I do not understand why you ran but we can discuss that another time. We have something more important to talk about for now. Your maker is calling you home to discuss things here. Before you do that, I thought we should figure out what is going on here as well."

He buzzed for a servant to bring some food and blood and walked her over to the couch. He sat down and smiled as he offered her the seat next to him.

"I have a meeting with a client at midnight, but time with you comes first. Now..why don't we start be discussing your training time here and we can move on from there..."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:46 pm

"Okay...if that is what you want" she whispered.

At least that gave her sometime to think about everything before she spoke to Quinn about this, or whatever was happening. As she sat in the seat next to him and waited for her blood to arrive, she fidgeted with her hands in her lap out of nervousness as she always did.

"What do you want me to say to him? 'Oh hey Bill. Training has been great, I am a lot stronger and Quinn has been showing me some nice things in his bed?'...I am sure that will go down well with him" she joked a little.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:33 pm

Quinn smiled briefly and then the smile faded a bit.

"Brianna, this is serious. If he does not like what he hears, you will not be able to return and it will be a war between He and I. I will not turn away from you, and if things go bad, then it will come to a showdown between him and I. Either way there is loss. We have to make sure that does not happen."

He thought carefully, and decided on a course of action he had not previously planned on.

"Arabella tells me that sometimes you glamour your guard, Mathew, so he will forget or remember something the way you want him to. I am going to want your help doing that tonight. Once we are done here, I am going to want you to have him remember us talking briefly about you running off and then you and Arabella were talking with the TV on. He should remember me telling the two of you that I am going to meet with a business client who is interested in opening a new vampire club. He should then complete his shift and report to Compton what he heard. This will be the first point in protecting you, Brianna. I don't know how much you have seen of his temper, but it is not the most pleasant thing."

He paused for a breath.

"Now...his time to question you will be limited because I will be bringing him something he wants very much. Once I arrive and left, I imagine his attentions will be elsewhere. You might also talk to Arabella. She might have some suggestions, if she has not already done so."

He smiled and rested a hand on hers.

"I am glad you are safe, Brianna."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:48 am

Brianna listened to every single word and now regretted saying what she did as Quinn spoke in a much serious tone about what would happen if she messed this up.

"I understand....I know what I have to do...Arabella has told me what to tell Bill. I can do this" she promised him.

Would Bill really go to war with Quinn because of her? Was he the kind of man to do that? All because she was sleeping with him? Bringing him something that he wants? She wanted to ask more but all thoughts were quashed with his hand rested on hers.

"I was always safe....Some where in the back of my mind I knew that you would be watching" she admitted.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:33 am

He smiled as he looked in her eyes.

"And I always will be watching, Brianna. I promise that. No matter how far apart we might be at a given time, I am always watching."

He patted her hand softly.

"I have to go meet my informant soon. Was there anything else you wanted to talk about for now?"
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:53 am

Brianna did not want to keep lies from him, but right now was not the time to divulge in the reason why she had run. But she could see that he had somewhere to go, and she did not want to distract him.

"No. I am fine. You should go. I don't want to keep you....I will go and speak with Matthew" she whispered.

Standing up from the seat as she gazed down at his softly as she leaned down a placed a soft kiss on his cheek.

"I am really sorry Quinn"
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:56 am

Quinn hated keeping what he was doing from her but how could she understand? He smiled as she kissed his cheek.

"I know you don't like secrets, Brianna. Tomorrow night, when you come back, I'll tell you all about the informant and why it was so important. By then my information will be in William's hands anyway. Then we can talk about other things."

He stood to go, then looked down at himself and chuckled.

"I guess I should change first, but then I'll go. I promise to be back before sunrise."
    Brianna Jackson
    Brianna Jackson

Post by Brianna Jackson Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:02 am

"Sure...whatever you want to do" she smiled a little.

Truth be told she didn't know where she was with Quinn right now. Everything had changed since their admissions. But she was not going to let that get her down, right now she had to think about the meeting with Bill. 

She did not meet his eyes as he spoke about needing to change as she nodded as she turned from him and left the common room. 

Right now she had matters more important that Quinn right now....Like lying her butt of to Bill.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:06 am

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:33 am