For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Tigers can't change their stripes

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Tigers can't change their stripes - Page 2 Empty Re: Tigers can't change their stripes

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:57 pm

He smiled and turned off the music.

"It would be a shame to waste a nice order of Rogan josh. Please stay for a bit. It should be ready soon."

He motioned to the seat across from him.

"No trickery or subterfuge. Just sharing a meal after a nice run and maybe talk a bit more."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Tigers can't change their stripes - Page 2 Empty Re: Tigers can't change their stripes

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:05 pm

She sighed heavily and could really use some Rogan josh, it was one of her favorite dishes. She thought a while about his offer, after his promise of no games, she considered it. Rolling her eyes, she couldn't resist the smells coming from inside. Narrowing her eyes a bit, she pointed at him.

"Fine, I'll stay for dinner. No smooth talk, John. I mean it."

She was having no more of his advances and his need to make her question herself. She was putting her foot down and keeping the wall around herself in tack.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:18 pm

He smiled and relaxed back into the chair. He looked into her eyes, not hiding anything from her as he spoke.

"I was actually hoping you could tell me more about our son. I know so little of him even though we are connected. I saw that he has my eyes, I just hope he does not have the habit of finding trouble I had at his age."

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:26 pm

She sat back against the chair and lightly tapped her fingernails against the table. When she heard his question, she looked up at him and saw how eager he was to learn about Rajat. She was hesitant at first and almost dismissed the idea and his question. Seeing no harm in it, she answered him.

"He has your eyes, yes. He's a good boy, does not give me much trouble but at times can be rambunctious. He's very spirited, very driven. Even at his age, he seems to know what he wants and will not settle for less. I guess he gets that from me." She grinned and looked down at her nails on the table, thinking about Rajat at the hotel sleeping. She hated always being away from him, but her job and income were important and she would do anything for her son. She was independent and she would never change that fact.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:29 pm

Quinn laughed, lowering his head a second while he pictured Rajat's face, then looking back to Tij's eyes.

"I can see that. The way he announced that he was red when we were playing. So strong a will already. He will be a strong young man soon. He does take after you in that, Tij, though I think some of his stubbornness might come from me as well."

He chuckled softly.

"He must be quite a handful for your caretaker at times."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:34 pm

She smiled and continued to look down. "I wouldn't change him for the world. He ensures our bloodline will live on...that is if we are not continuously hunted." Now was still not a good time to tell him about what she knew, about the discoveries she had made on her travels. She looked up at him. "I was lucky to find an excluded piece of property in India with free reign to run. But Raj may not be as lucky when he is older. We're a dying breed, John."

It was why she was so angry with him for seemingly throwing away his true heritage and his roots to dabble in the affairs of vampires and get so...close to them. Business was business, but she knew he mixed his business with pleasure. It was typically how he operated. "He behaves but does have his moments. I think he feels that I am away often. He is like any other six year old boy, active and eager to do things he shouldn't. Rochelle is great with him."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:47 pm

"Rochelle sounds wonderful, at least for a human. I do worry what will happen when he begins to change though. That is a very rough time, as both of us know."

He shifted his position and smiled at her again.

"What are your plans when he comes of age, Tijgerian? A human can maintain against a tiger cub well enough, but when he comes of age, he will not be a cub any longer."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:51 pm

She looked up at him and cocked a brow. "Are you questioning my judgement and competence as his mother? Do you not think I can handle it on my own, that I need you to run in and rescue me? I assure you John, I can manage and when the time comes for my son to transform into the tiger he will be, I will be right alongside him as I have always been."

Her words were sharp and to the point as she looked at him, daring him to disagree.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:57 pm

"Tijgerian, you misunderstand my concern. I do not doubt you. I only was concerned for your caretaker. She may not realize what will happen when he comes of age, and there is little warning."

He took a deep breath as the food came to the table with beers and chilled water to drink. He waited until they were once again alone before speaking again. He chuckled as he started eating.

"Only a fool would doubt your abilities, Tijgerian. I may be many things, but a fool is not one of them. Have I made foolish choices and actions, more than likely at times, but I am not enough of an idiot to challenge your ability with our son."

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:25 pm

She changed her face when he spoke, her eyes going back to their normal size. She inhaled slowly and turned her head to the side as she listened to him speaking. When the food arrived at the table, she thought to herself how catered to he was. He was a successful man, but she wondered if he did much of anything for himself anymore. Some things had remained the same, but those things were buried deep she noticed. He had changed from last time she had seen him, which was years. That does that to people, and people change and grow. It almost felt as if she were getting to know him all over again and she wasn't sure how she felt about this new man. She respected him enough before to chose him to father her cub. Never before had she thought about any type of romantic feelings for him, she never allowed herself to. Something deep inside of her had changed as well, and that had her questioning everything. Coming her had made her doubt...made her question and made her feel. She hated it.

She kept silent, looking down at the food. It smelled delicious, it looked just the same. She spoke before she had time to process and think before, but then it was too late and it was out. "I'm sorry." Her words shocked even herself. It held much meaning and she didn't want to go into it so instead, she picked up a fork and took a bite.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:51 pm

His mind was spinning all types of variations on how to keep in contact when two simple words wiped it clear.

"I'm sorry."

He stopped, looking at her carefully. So much was said in those two words. So much that both of them had left unsaid...

"Tijgerian"

He had spoken in a whisper, but he saw the effect saying her name had. He stood, walking around the table to crouch down so they were eye to eye and gently touched her face, turning her to face him. He leaned in, brushing her lips with his and pulling back.

"You never have to be, Tijgerian. You made a judgement call when you had to. We both know it and at the time, it might have been for the best. Neither of us was ready for that kind of commitment. You had what you believed you needed, and made what you felt to be the best call."

He took a breath and spoke again, looking deep in her eyes.

"Had I been stronger back then, and more like I am now, I would have know the best thing I could have done would have been to come after you. To not let you go through things alone. I was not the man I am now when we first knew each other. I am sorry for that fact, but this is a new time. We have the chance to change that which was and look to a new possibility."

He took her hand in his, smiling as he looked in her eyes.

"I am not asking you to change. I would never ask that of you. What I am asking is would you want to change the way things are. I would leave this all to be with my family, Tijgerian. I have little holding me here, and here would always be a place to come back to if we needed to step away from things for any reason. What I am asking is to let me come with you by my choice. Let me stand at your side and help raise our son. I am asking you to let me in."

He stood quietly, waiting for her to look up at him and said only one more thing.

"A Tigress is a formidable force on her own, but do you remember what they call a pack of tigers? They call them an ambush, aptly so for no creature in creation could stand up to a group of our kind united as one family."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:10 pm

She chewed her food and acted as if nothing happened, but of course John had caught her words and had taken them to heart. He said her name softly and she shook her head, keeping her eyes on her food and focusing on the flavors of the dish she hadn't had in weeks. It felt like home, it tasted like home. She heard him stand and never looked up, flinching away slightly when his hand touched her cheek. He turned her to him and she swallowed her food.

"John..." He leaned closer to her and brushed his lips against hers, causing her to stiffen and her words cease. She closed her eyes and gripped the arms of the chair, her whole body rigid with tension. He pulled back to speak and she kept her eyes closed as she listened to him. When he stopped speaking, she opened her eyes and met his own.

"John, I--" He kept speaking and his words took her off guard. The things he said she would have never expected. They had an understanding, a business agreement if you will. She needed his seed and he delivered. But he had often captured her thoughts through out the years as Rajat grew older.

"We both agreed--" She was stopped again when he took her hands into his and she looked down at them. Looking back up, she wanted to pull away from him, her mind screaming to distance herself. And then...he asked for something...something she did not know if she could allow. Let him in....go with her, he wanted to be a family. She relaxed slightly when he stood and backed up a bit, her eyes on her lap. She tried to process all of his words, her mind clouded by all of the thoughts swirling in them. She wiped her mouth and stood, looking into his eyes.

"I need to think about some things...I need....I need some space. I need time. I can't, I won't...I just need to think." She held her hands up in front of her as she spoke, shaking her head as she tried to explain, the words just not coming out as she wanted them to. Frustrated, she pinched the bridge of her nose and closed her eyes, inhaling slowly. "I can't do this John. I need some time to think." She opened her eyes and dropped her hands. "I should go..." She turned away from him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:22 pm

He watched as she turned to leave. He had to tell her before she walked out of his life again. He grabbed her by the arm, turning her back around to face him. He pinned her against the doorway.

"You don't understand, do you? I love you, Tijgerian. Damnit, I love you and I always have!."
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:29 pm

She felt him grab her arm and pulled back against him but found her back against the wall with him pressed close up against her. She clenched her teeth with her lips parted and sighed hard.

"You don't understand, do you? I love you, Tijgerian. Damnit, I love you and I always have!."

She heard his words and looked into his eyes. Slowly, she shook her head and jerked her arm free from his grasp. "No, no you don't. You are in love with the thought of a family, the notion that we could all be a big happy family. It is an illusion John and you don't get to say things like that!" She pushed hard against his chest, pushing him back. She repeated it over and over as she yelled at him. "You don't get to say things like that! You don't know me! You don't!" She growled and pushed him one last time. It was not fair that he could throw that around as if it meant something, as if it held meaning. She had been here for a week and a half and here he was, saying he loved her! How could she ever believe something so ridiculous. He loved the thought of being a father...that's it. She ran her fingers of both hands through her hair and shook her head no.

She couldn't even look him in the eyes...she couldn't even argue with him anymore. He didn't know what he was saying, it was all spontaneous and he had no idea what he was saying.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:38 pm

"Look at me, damn you. Look me in the eyes and tell me you feel nothing between us. Tell me that you felt nothing when I told you that I love you. Tell me I'm wrong. You say I don't know you, but we both know that I know you like no other can."

He looked in her eyes and when he spoke, he held nothing back. All the passion from their bond, all the feelings he held back over the years, all the pain from letting her leave back then..all of it. He held her, speaking in hushed tones by her ear.

"Orang dahulu berbicara tentang cinta dalam bahasa mimpi. Mereka berbicara dari hati dan jiwa yang mengikat bersama-sama untuk menciptakan sesuatu yang indah. Ini adalah bagaimana aku mencintaimu. Tanpa syarat, tanpa batas, dan tanpa mengharapkan imbalan apa pun."
    (The ancients spoke of love in the language of dreams. They spoke of hearts and souls binding together to create something beautiful. This is how I love you. Without reservation, without limit, and without expecting anything in return.)
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:54 pm

She closed her eyes when he leaned closer to her ear, whispering words in her home language. She reached up to grab his shirt and move him from her but hesitated, instead placing her hand on his chest above his heart. She lowered her head a bit and stepped closer to him, silence filling the moment. She wanted to listen to her heart, but her mind had been over ruling everything for so long. She let her guard drop for the briefest of moments...allowing him in for just a moment.

She looked up and her hand slid from his chest to his neck, bringing him down to her lips. She kissed him and her mind screamed at her, against her better judgement she caved...for a moment. Just as soon as she kissed him, she pushed him back and shook her head. "I can't do this, John. I need time."
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:16 pm

"I can't do this, John. I need time."

"Time, Tijgerian? You have already had seven years to think on things. I made the mistake of letting you walk away from me once. I will not make the same mistake twice. I love you and I know you love me. We both love our son. I see that as a great foundation to start from. Can't you see what the fates are showing us?"
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:32 pm

"That's not the point, John! It is irrelevant that we have created a child together, irrelevant that whatever feelings for you I may or may not have. We both made mistakes and I'm done with thinking about them."

Her phone buzzed and she saw it was Rochelle. She held up a finger and answered her phone, worried t could be Rajat.

"Rochelle...what is it? Is it Rajat?"

"No ma'am, I was going to sleep and wanted to be sure you had your key. I was not sure of when you would be returning."

"I have it, yes. I should be home soon...do not wait up for me, you should rest. Thank you again for all your help. I will text you if anything changes but please do not worry." She sighed and rubbed her forehead.

"Okay, you have a great night. Hope it goes well for you."

She nodded and said her good-byes, ready to leave and be done with this night and all the emotions it entailed. Between her mixed feelings, her anger and the pull of the moon, she was high strung and ready to fight and hurt something, or do something against her better judgement.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:46 pm

He listened to her speak on the phone and smiled. She was beautiful and he could feel the moon tugging at his mind. Her scent filled his mind as he rested his hands on her hips. He looked into her eyes, knowing she would see the hunger in his mind. He leaned in, kissing Tijgerian deeply, letting the moon have it's sway on his emotions.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:52 pm

She had just hung up her phone when his hands were on her hips. She began to protest and pull away from him, her hands on his chest already shaking her head. Looking into his eyes to speak and insist she should go, she saw the hunger and fire there. Her own body felt like it was set ablaze just as he looked at her and she found herself being pulled towards him. This night was taking an unexpected twist and as much as she wanted to resist, she couldn't.

Especially when he kissed her deeply like he did. She pushed her hands against his chest weakly but then quickly balled her fists into his shirt to hold him close. Her primal needs won and she pulled him towards her and turned so that his back was against the wall. She kissed him back, just as hard. Her hands opened and ran down his chest, fingers slipping inside the waistband of his pants and tugging him forward as she nipped his bottom lip with a growl. She threw all relevance out the window and against her better judgement, went with her primal needs.

Last edited by Tijgerian on Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:57 pm

He felt himself pushed against the wall, and grinned into their kiss. He moved to the side, returning the growl with one of is own. He could see the hunger in her eyes as well. They both knew where this night was headed. He let go of her hips, ripping his shirt away and coiled his arms around her, pulling her body against his as he crushed her lips with another kiss.
    Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:03 pm

The kiss broke as she watched him rip his shirt off, only making her want him more. When he coiled his arms around her and pulled her close again, she grinned moments before his lips were crushed against her own again. Her hands slid up his bare chest and she moved her body against him, enticing him further. Like her inner feline, feelings and touch were most important. And right now, she was enjoying his touch...much more than she should. Once both of her hands reached his shoulders, she drug her nails down his chest and continued to kiss him.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:11 pm

Her nails raking his chest drew a hiss from him as the heat from the marks spread through him. He could feel her grinding her body against his own. Her lips were like firebrands searing into his mind and he knew they would be beyond stopping soon. His primal side was taking over, but his rational side was fighting back, screaming in his mind. He did not want this to be a one time thing. He wanted more. Should he keep going? She obviously wanted it as much as he did.

Tijgerian
    Tijgerian

Post by Tijgerian Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Irrational. Weak. Stupid. Instinctive. All these words ran through her head as she continued to kiss him. He spun her around and his arm snaked around her waist, holding her back against his chest as his head dipped low to her neck and began to kiss at her skin. She moved her hips against him, her eyes closed as she tilted her head to the side. Her breathing quickened and she could feel the hardness pressed up against her. His free hand was gliding over her hip and down the side of her leg as he teased and taunted her.

Her hand rested on his that was on her abdomen. She reached up with her right hand and pressed a hand to the side of his face, her eyes closed as he continued to kiss her exposed skin. She turned around in his arms and looked at him through hooded eyes, her words coming in a whisper. "John... Her hands continued to touch his bare chest, finally looking back up into his eyes as she moved her hands lower to his belt. Everything telling her to stop this was being ignored...this was a first for her and she was letting her guard down slightly for the first time in a long time.
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:45 pm

He felt her tugging at his belt as she whispered his name. His fingers found the zipper of her dress and he slowly began pulling it down, kissing her skin as the dress fell away from her. He looked in her eyes again, his hunger evident as he kissed her again, letting their passion guide him. The war in his mind made his hand pause as the zipper stopped moving down. He wanted her like he had never known, but he did not want a single night of passion. He wanted more. Fighting himself to do it, he pulled back, resting his hands on her bare shoulders.

"Tijgerian, we need to stop."

He looked in her eyes, seeing the hunger that at least matched his own.

"I want this, more than I have wanted anything in a long time, but not like this. Not a night of passion to be regretted later. I love you and want to be with you, but I have to do what I believe is right. Even if that means denying what I want most at this moment."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 5:45 am