For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

Mother comes to visit..

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

Mother comes to visit.. Empty Mother comes to visit..

Post by Willa Burrell Sat Feb 22, 2014 7:37 pm

Willa left for the bar she wanted to get a head start on the paper work and the ordering for the next week .They were doing such good business since the opening they were running out of stock ,the new blood from Mr Quinn was flying off the shelves at a thousand dollars a bottle she thought she would be holding on to it for ever . As she drove up she noticed that there were several people waiting outside it was too early for opening ,why was there a line up already .

She got out of her car and walked up to the line and asked what was going on .She was told by the guards that they were waiting on Fangtasia to open and they weren’t going anywhere .They were actually waiting there two hours before opening she was impressed .Willa scooted by the vampires who were waiting and asked them why not just come back at opening and they said it was suppose to be a big night at both places and they didn’t want to miss out . She said she wasn’t aware of anything happening tonight other than the usual band night in the main bar and light night on the dance floor in the restaurant .They all say yeah that’s what they were waiting for .

Fangatsia had become to be the place to be not only for the bangers but the business class to come before a night’s work .They expected the cocktail lounge to be open to start their night off. Willa hadn’t thought about that when she opened the restaurant ,she went in and asked if they might be able to open the cocktail lounge early  . Mickie was impressed that Willa would consider her clientele when doing things to change the bar . He said    “ Well yes of course we could Miss ,we could open an hour after sun set and be ready for clients before they have to be in for work and here after they get off if that’s what they want ...an employee would be needed to fill the extra couple of hours...I would be willing to open for you Miss it would be no problem .”    “ Really Mickie ...What do you think we could try it next week and see what happens and if it takes off I’ll ask Tara about opening the main bar earlier as well ...if it will makes the clients happier and make us more money why not ..” 

Willa headed to her office to do paperwork ,once inside she saw she had a message on her desk.She sits down and reads it ,your mother and step-father are coming for dinner tonight eleven pm sharp please make yourself available .   “ Oh know ...they can’t be coming here ...tonight ...really  ..”     she thinks . She wishes Tara was here but she was stuck with doing the house .Elevan PM the note said ,Willa had four hours to get ready to see her mother and step-father and for them to see her new restaurant .   “ What will she think ...will she be like everyone else in her life and hate it ...demand she close it because it’s not how you treat humans ...she kind of doubted it ....”   She knew her mother would be all for this little place of haven where a human  and vampire relationship can be open , loving and not looked down upon .She knew she had allies in her sort of parents,due to their undesirable relationship in the vampire world .They had been vampire and donor for the last twelve years in a loving relationship and he loved to take her out and show her off ,what better place to do that then my restaurant.A place where vampire and donor can be together without  any strange looks or people saying inappropriate things to them .But she was still very nervous about it ,her mother had told her not to fritter away her father’s money and opening a restaurant might be thought as frittering away her money is some eyes ,it was in Pam’s and Eric’s.

Willa called Elsa in and waited for her.Elsa arrived in short order and asked what was up ,Willa informed her that her parents were coming and she needed to be on her toes .She described them both to Elsa and made sure she would have everyone on the watch for them ,they were to be treated with kid gloves and given every hospitality once arrived .She next called Mickie and the chef .She gave explicit orders to have the best table ready and waiting in both the restaurant and dance floor and that her mother only eats pheasant when she was out.She was sure this meeting was going to go bad she just knew it ,it always did where her mother was concerned .She could never do well enough ,she was never skinny enough, pretty enough, her hair wasn’t right or something wasn’t right .She had to make this meeting as right , she might need her mother and step-father if things went south with Pam and Eric.She finished her work and paced around her office ,she looked at her clothes and decided that she would send someone to that store to pick her up something nice for her mother’s coming .She looked over the website and picked out a nice dress and shoes and sent a waiter to go pick it up .

Dress to kill she went to the main bar to wait ,it was her night to manage the place anyway .Fangtasia was packed ,standing room only .The music was roaring and the dancers were dancing up a storm ,it seemed everyone was having a great time .She walked up to the bar tender and asked for a Sandor Endor ,one of the high end True Bloods and drank it down quick it was getting close to the time of her mother showing up .She told the bar tender that she had to go to the Excellence for a while if anything were to happen she will be there and left to wait for her mother.

She moved through the secret entrance and showed up on the other side just as her mother and step-father showed up walking elegantly through the door .Her mother a tall beautiful brunette with startleling blue eyes wearing a deep blue long dress with white trim walking in with a very tall sleek looking man with broad shoulders and white hair and pale green eyes wearing a black suit .They look around the cocktail bar with a strange look of amusement on their faces. A waitress dress in black and red comes up to them and asks if she can seat them in the restaurant or bar  .Willa hears them tell the waitress that they are her parents and they are waiting for her to be seated . She decided better now than never and comes out form her hiding place near the opening of the secret hall way .

She walks up to her mother ...
    “Hello mother...What a wonderful surprise and step-father  its always so nice to see you .May I show you around then to you table ?”   Her mother reaches out to her and hugs her   “ Oh Willa you look ...beautiful ...and your place is absolutely precious ..it’s just like you wrote ...I love the decor in the cocktail lounge ...it’s so ...so fun...don’t you think Reg?”  taking her husband’s hand . “ Oh yes my love it’s a beautiful lounge I can’t wait to see the rest of the place ,please Willa dear show us around.”      Willa took her mother’s hand and showed her and Reginald the restaurant then took them through the secret hall way and showed them the main bar .Her mother was a little aghast at the brute concept and clientele of what is the true Fangtasia but knew that this is what all started the Excellence and knew her daughter couldn’t have the one without the other.Her mother quickly asked to be taken back to the restaurant and to their seats ,Willa is fast to oblige her . “ Mother I have a very  wonderful treat for you tonight ,the chef has prepared your favorite dish Rosemary Pheasant with baby potatoes and carrots and chocolate pecan cheesecake for desert ...and for you Step-Father I have several special blood wines if you like I can have the top stock brought to you and you can have a taste test .”   “ Oh Willa dear that’s perfect...everything sounds just perfect ...please have the waiter send some tasters for Reg and yourself ...you do have time to sit with us don’t you ?”    “ Yes mother I do ...I made the time I was in early tonight .”   “ That’s great because I have something I want to talk to you about ....”

Willa knew exactly what her mother was talking about just like every other time she wanted to talk to her .She wanted to talk to her about men ,moving home and marriage .The three things Willa hated to talk about all she cared about was business ,Tara and Miss Meow and that’s all she wanted to talk about . Once the drinks came and her mother’s entre as well her mother started in ...

“ You know Willa we miss you terribly ...There is a very nice home down the block from our home ...you would like it in New Orleans it’s a beautiful city and there are so many men who would love to take you out isn’t there Reg ?” “Umm yes there are many men ...just the other night we ran into John’s prodigy Mark he is in investments and has made a nice life for himself there .”     “ Yes that’s right Reg I forgot all about Mark I was thinking about Jeff Rita’s and Julian’s boy he is the doctor .”   “ Ok enough you two ...I’m staying here and I have no need of a man of any kind ..I’m fine here with Tara in our home together .”    “ Tara ...that Pam woman’s prodigy ...is she the black one ?”     “ Yes mother she is the black one ...god ...I live with her in our own home now we moved out of the cabin and she bought our own place ...you would love it ...so no not moving back ...plus I have the Excellence to run and it’s doing really well  ...so well in fact I was wondering what you thought of something like this in New Orleans ?”    “ What another restaurant ...you barely just opened this one and now you want another one ?”  “ Not right now but I was thinking would one do well there ...its going so well here clientele wise but I am hitting some ...well let’s just say there are some people here that don’t fancy forward thinking when it comes to vampire human relations ...So I was wondering what the thought process is like in New Orleans..”   “Well darling I have found with my friends and colleges is its more open in New Orleans ...They are more accepting of your mothers and mine marriage where in somewhere like this it’s still a little backward ...but that is changing due to Hep-V ...vampires are having to change how they see and treat humans or they aren’t going to have a clean blood supply.”    “Yes we have seen changes in our clubs and friends ..in the clubs we frequent they have changed their practises of what they allow and don’t allow anymore in regards to humans ...and our friends actually have some human friends now where I use to be the only one .”    “ Well that’s what I wanted to hear ..it sounds like my gut was right this venture of mine will pay off in the end and all these people who want to close me down can go eat crow .”    “ What who wants to close my baby down ?”   “Ahh ...no one mother I was just talking ...but what your saying is true it gives me some amo to back up my concept ...so thank you ...your main course should be arriving any minute and I have to get back to work ...I’ll see you before you leave ok ...I want you two to have a great evening and I’ll be back later .”   “Oh ok honey ...we will see you later ...don’t work too hard .”  

Willa cut her visit short after she heard the information about New Orleans she was very excited .First she would have to find out who was the sheriff was there and give a tribute to them then ask for a meeting.She wondered if all this could be done without Bills noticing ,with all this war shit going on she thought so .She made a mental list of what would need to be done  as she headed to her office .She hoped that none of this needed to be done but if Pam and Eric closed her down she would have no choice but to move her business .She got to her office and closed her door this was going to be a long night ...

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 4:56 am