For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

An Attack ...

Willa Burrell
    Willa Burrell

An Attack ... Empty An Attack ...

Post by Willa Burrell Wed May 14, 2014 9:53 am

Willa was in the house while the men were out with Vex training she had gotten use to the sound of gunfire and weapons clanging at all hours of the night .Except tonight it was different they were calling out to each other and then Willa got a text on her phone …STAY IN THE HOUSE INTRUDERS ON THE GROUNDS ….

She locked all the doors and grabbed the Luger filled with wooden rounds sitting on the counter .She loaded the chamber and did a perimeter walk around the house making sure all the windows were locked as well .She sat on the couch waiting for the all good message but it never came .She heard a loud boom and the whole house shook, then more gun fire and yelling .She stood up hugging herself she wished Tara was home ,she took the gun and headed toward the windows when a bullet barley missed her head  ,she hit the floor .More yelling , gun fire and now a large truck engine close to the house .She text Vex back to see if she could find out what was happening but she got no reply .She stood up again and caught a glimpse of a large truck pulling away from the house and more bullets flying after it .As two trucks went after the large truck she couldn’t tell if they were hers or not .

After what seemed like eternity Willa ventured out of the back door gun in hand and slowly walked to the front of the house .It was a battle zone bodies of her human guards laid all over the front lawn along with piles of ashes .She heard a coulple of moans and found Vex at the bottom of the cellar steps.He was badly injured but nothing some blood wouldn’t fix .She went into the cellar to get Vex some blood but it was all gone . Everything all the stores from the Excellence and all the blood they just got in from the broker ,she did manage to find a couple of bottles  they didn’t get to she opened one up and gave Vex a bottle to help him heal …

“Can you tell me what happened ..?”

“It was a group of the guards that left they came back and broke in to steal our blood …its gone Im so sorry Willa we tried to hold them off but there was to many …Am I the only one left ?”

“I am afraid so Vex everyone else is gone or dead …I am the one who is sorry …I should have never reached …I brought this upon us ...I invited all those men here and trusted them and now look none of us have any blood and your men are all gone …I am so sorry Vex  (as blood tears run down her face )Ill try the broker and see if we can get any more ..”

She helped Vex inside and then called the broker and was told that there will be no more blood .They cant provide even her meager order anymore ,they are completely out now .She hung up the phone and looked over to Vex who was healing and looking better now but needed another bottle so Willa got him another .Once in the cellar she completely broke down into a sobbing mess ,she had hoped that all her plans were going to go well and she was going to be able to protect Lafayette. But not the way things were going she was going to be able to protect a flea .

“No more blood Vex …they are completely out as well …a few bottles wont last us long between you me and Tara …”

“No Willa I wont take anymore of your blood I have a dear friend that I use as a donor in emergencies I will go to him …but I will not leave you unprotected ..once I am fully healed which will be soon I will make sure this does not happen again …They wont catch us unaware if they come back which I doubt ..”

“Well we better get the front cleaned up before Tara comes home I would rather tell her then have her see what happened …She is going to be madder than hell this happened …”

“You get started on ashes and Ill look after the human guards and we will just have to do our best with the rest ..”

As the worked into the night cleaning up the war zone that was Willa front yard it occurred to her that what was supposed to be her saving grace has now turned into her nightmare .All she ever wanted to do was make right what her father did but it was obvious to her that was going to be harder to do then she thought  ..

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 7:49 pm