For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

First Nights

Dieter Braun
    Dieter Braun
    Authority Chancellor
    Authority Chancellor

First Nights Empty First Nights

Post by Dieter Braun Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:13 pm

As Dieter watched the prisoners from the warehouse in Bon Temp pace around the holding cells, he had to admire the efficiency of the strike team. No casualties, they said. Impressive, even by Authority standards. Several of them kept looking nervously up at the UV cascade as if wondering when it would come on. Absently playing with his ring, as he always did when bored, he thought back to the time when he swore to always wear it.

~Van Browne Estates, on the outskirts of Caeleid, Romania. 762AD~

As the moon set, the freshly packed earth shifted and buckled. Alastair clawed his way to the surface, finding not darkness, not a new world of night. Screaming out into the night, he feels more than sees his attacker from last night rising from the earth at his feet.

Silvias cracked a wicked smile and gloated, “You are mine now, Alastair. As you always will belong. What was yours now belongs to me. YOU belong to me, Alastair Browne. I am now your Maker and your Master. As your Maker, I command you to kneel and obey!”

Alastair dropped to his knees, fighting himself the whole way. Looking up to his Maker’s face, he glared up at him with hatred.

“You have destroyed me, vile thing. You have no claim to me.”

“You stupid little fangling, you do not understand yet. You will though. You will very soon.”

An evil grin came across the vampire’s face.

“As your Maker, I command you to destroy that little wretch of a brother of yours. How dare he assume to control me for a handful of silver. I am not Judas to be bought. Kill him and bring me proof of the deed.”

Alastair screamed at the top of his lungs as his body moved at his Maker’s command. Everything went red as the dark nature of his task took hold and the words of his Maker sank into his mind. His brother, his blood, his own family, had done this dark trick to him. As sure as the creature standing over the open grave had done it.

His mind screamed to stop, that this was his own family he meant to kill, but his heart cried out for vengeance. He would do this dark deed, not for his Maker’s reasons, but for his own. He made an oath to himself as he flew through the night toward his ancestral home that he would always follow his heart, no matter the pain, no matter the cost. This dark beast now within him would not rule the night!
    Once the task was done, He returned on horseback with a sack across the animal’s back. Throwing his cargo at his Maker’s feet, he spat upon the sack.

“My Maker, your task is completed and trumped. You will own nothing of my family, for your only prize is contained in the sack at your feet.”

Dropping off the horse, Alastair drew his rapier and slashed open the bag, revealing the heads of all his mortal family. Kneeling among the heads, he looked at his Maker, smiling though hate burned in his eyes.
    “Your prize is hollow, weak devil. Now destroy me and be done with it. None are alive to pass the deeds so they are never to be within your grasp. Destroy your creation and give me peace.”

Silvias snarled with rage at this betrayal. He drew his sword and glared at Alastair as his progeny bared his chest for the thrust. He drove the blade not into the heart, but into Alastair’s belly. Alastair screamed in pain, but smiled at the thought of an end to his curse. Smirking, Silvias leaned close to his progeny’s ear and whispered to him.

“Little fool, you will not die from this wound, though the pain will make you wish you could. I damn you to ignorance and pain, you little traitor. You may have kept me from my prize, but I have stolen your eternity. I leave you to wander in your ignorance with no knowledge of what you have become until the day of your True Death.”

With a scream of rage, Silvias grabbed the reins of the horse and rode off into the night, leaving Alastair to suffer alone.

Kneeling among his family, Alastair wept.

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 am