For the love of writing

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A repository of stories

All writing is the property of their respective authors.
Come and explore stories beyond happily ever after

2 posters

Arrival

John Quinn
    John Quinn

Arrival Empty Arrival

Post by John Quinn Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:41 am

As the afternoon rain shatters on the pavement, a sound emerges. It sounds almost like thunder but is too even.

As the sound gets closer, it shatters the illusion of stillness from the storm as birds fly from trees, marking the passing of something….

In the distance, a dark form can be seen coming down the road. The thunder rides with this dark stranger.

The stranger rides a 1966 Harley Lowboy into the main drag of Bon Temp. Pulling slowly to a stop at the entrance to Merlotte’s diner, the stranger dismounts. His face is hidden behind a wind mask, but his eyes shine like chips of amethyst as he gazes around the diner.

Walking without a word into the diner, He sits at one of the tables. Setting the mask on the table, He looks around the diner for the waitress…
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Arrival Empty Re: Arrival

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:49 am

<Just another night at Merlotte's for me: Arlene was fussing and saying something about Terry and a smoke monster, her head was all frazzled in confusion.... Tara was now working at Fangtasia, so my work friend wasn't working with me anymore.... Jessica, well God only knew where she was or what she was up to.>

<I had just leaned against the counter when I felt it. Well, I should say him, not it. A man that I hadn't seen in a long while. I wasn't sure what to think as different emotions swirled through me in such a hurry, so instead I did what I do best: Plastered a fake smile on my face, grabbed my order pad and walked over to his table to see what he needed.>

Welcome to Merlotte's; what can I getcha tonight? <I fought the urge to smile flirtatiously; really, what was wrong with me?! Thank God Eric was asleep since it was the middle of the day, or he'd be getting some crazy mixed up signals from me. I looked back at him, my heartbeat picking up slightly as his amethyst eyes met mine. I grinned slowly and nodded my head> Hey, John!
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:58 am

~I look up. Seeing Sookie again pushes against some old memories. She never has been able to put on a good fake smile. I laugh softly, looking her over. I decide to have fun with this meeting. I put on a face of indifference as if I never knew her~

"It's been a long time since I came through Bon Temp. What is good here, Miss?"
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:13 am

<I raised a brow as I looked at him, then my smile turned more genuine. He always did have a good sense of humor. I decided to thicken up my "accent" a bit more, for him, and gave him an over-exaggerated wink>

Well, Sug. LaLa Burgers are AH-MAZING. <I tapped my pencil against my chin in thought> The gumbo is to die for! Hmmmm. Whatchu in the mood for? <I asked as I perched myself on the side of his table and grinned at him>
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:17 am

~laughing out loud I pull Sookie into my lap in the booth and give her a hug~

"You always have been able to get a smile out of me, haven't you, Sweet..."

~giving her one more hug, drinking in the scent of her hair, I sigh and let her up~

"Just came in for a bite. Coming back to Bon Temp full time now. A few things have changed....."

~giving Sookie a long slow look over~

"...and some things have definitely not..."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:24 am

<I laughed as I stood, then leaned over and placed a quick kiss on his cheek. His words and actions made me blush, as always, but I shook it off and continued to smiled at him. It was always nice being around John; he made me laugh, really smile, and made me feel sorta free.>

Not too much has changed, I hope? <I asked with an impish grin. I twirled around, slowly, so he could tell then laughed. Look at me, flirting so shamelessly when I had a boyfriend.> So you're moving back for good, huh? Hang on, tell me whatchu want for lunch and I'll bring it to you then take my break. Sound good?
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:28 am

~looking at her impishly~
    "Well, some things would definitely be off menu for now..."
    ~glancing back to the menu~
    "lets just go with some of that gumbo I can smell for now...maybe I'll want something a bit more later..."
    ~smiling at her suggestively, laughing quietly as her blush darkens~
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:39 am

<I grinned at him, then laughed softly> You and your appetites haven't changed, I see. <I winked and turned on my heel to go give his order to the cook who told me it'd be right up. I stood there and waited while he got the gumbo and cornbread ready, my mind reeling.>

<What on earth was Quinn doing back in town? Was there a reason, or was he just "passing through"? Or was he really moving back? I didn't know what to do, but one thing I did know was that Eric would be irate when he found out.> Sooks.... SOOKIE! You're order's ready, babygirl. <I shook my head and laughed a bit before grabbing the tray and heading back over.>

Lunch is served, dearest Mr. Quinn. <I said with a smile before sitting in the booth opposite him.>
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:51 am

~smiling softly, watching her as she slides into the seat~

"You might be surprised at how things have changed, Sweet..."

~sighs quietly~

"Not all for the best or worst...but things will always change..."

~drawing in her scent deeply and fully, shaking his head in disappointment~

"I guess you are still playing house with the nightwalkers, eh Cher? I guess some things really don't change."

~leaning close and drawing in the scents of the gumbo, he begins to eat quietly~

~looking up, I smile at Sookie.~

"At least you look a bit happier than when I last saw you, Sweet. Maybe this fangboy of yours is not all bad...as hard as that is to say..."

~goes back to eating the gumbo in silence~
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:04 am

<I shrugged my shoulders and smiled at him before reaching over and grabbing a piece of cornbread off of his plate>

Me and Eric are doing pretty well. He helped me rebuild some of my house and.... <I shrugged and stopped short of finishing the sentence. My eyes met his and I laughed> You didn't come all this way to hear me talk about Eric.

<I closed my eyes and breathed deep so I could concentrate on blocking out any excess thoughts that may work their way into my head.>

So what have you been up to since the last time I saw you? <I asked before popping the piece of cornbread in my mouth and chewing slowly>
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:11 am

"Many things, cher. Many things. Momma & Frannie have gone out of contact, for safety. I went on walkabout for a while. Had to get my mind straight. Get on with things...."

~reaching across the table, brushing a few crumbs from Sookie's lips~

"Things do have a way of coming full circle, don't they, cher?"

~leaning back, pushing the now empty bowl away~

"I should probably move along soon. Don't want you gettin no trouble for chatting up your ex on the clock."

~laughing softly~

"Sides...I still gotta find something to do...just rolled into town a little bit ago."

~reaching out and caressing Sookie's cheek gently, then pulling back with a sigh~

"It is good to see you again, cher...."
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:16 am

<I grinned and fought the urge to nuzzle his hand as he touched my cheek> It's good seeing you again, John. And don't be a stranger, okay? <I stood and waited for him to do the same; when he did, I wrapped my arms around his all too familiar waist, inhaled deeply, squeezed him and took a step back to smile up at him.>

<My heart raced slightly as I turned and started to gather up his dishes so I could take them to the back to be washed. Good Lord, what a day and it had only just gotten started.>
    John Quinn
    John Quinn

Post by John Quinn Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:23 am

~reaching out, taking Sookie by the arm and turning her to face me, I smile. Pulling her close, I press my lips to hers, kissing deeply. Inhaling deeply, I draw the breath from her, to leave her with a memory of that kiss. Letting her settle back into the chair, I smile softly to her.~

"Something for memory. You are Eric's. That much is clear, cher. You can tell him that I will not interfere. I come home to find peace, not conflict."

~nodding with a playful smile, I head out the door, leaving money for the meal on the table in front of Sookie.~
    Sookie Stackhouse
    Sookie Stackhouse

Post by Sookie Stackhouse Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 am

<My hand went to my lip as I looked around the bar; people were staring. No doubt I would be the talk of the town, yet again. I straightened my shirt and tried to hide the blush on my face as I stood, grabbed the money from the table and rushed to the back. I headed straight for the bathroom; locking the door behind me , I leaned on the sink and looked in the mirror as I tried to catch my breath.>

<Looked like things in Bon Temps, and my life, were about to get even more interesting.>

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 12:31 am